PDA

View Full Version : Exile EXBT4 and Sony CDX-M60UI

nelswhytry
06-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Has anyone been able to get the Exile Bluetooth adaptor to work with the Factory Sony CDX-M60UI and 2 Kicker amps?
This is a factory setup for a 2013 Moomba LSV. It doesn't appear there is a place to plug in the RCA cables from the EXBT4 into.
Thanks!

jmvotto
06-20-2016, 08:45 PM
There is a bus in on the back of the unit you should be able to use , it's on my to do list but have not gotten to it yet, it's diagramed in the manual

NoleAlum
06-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Has anyone been able to get the Exile Bluetooth adaptor to work with the Factory Sony CDX-M60UI and 2 Kicker amps?
This is a factory setup for a 2013 Moomba LSV. It doesn't appear there is a place to plug in the RCA cables from the EXBT4 into.
Thanks!
Have exact same setup and could not get it to work. Plugged into to BUS and didn't recognize. Tried the two black ones and did not work either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

nelswhytry
06-20-2016, 11:12 PM
I tried the bus in and the two black Rica cables, neither one worked. Called Exile for support and they said it won't work with that head unit. Recommend purchasing their ZLD which is $300.

MLA
06-20-2016, 11:36 PM
First reply

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?28012-Bluetooth-Receiver-for-Aux-In

David Analog
06-21-2016, 10:30 AM
An EQ is not a solution if you want to maintain your remote control functionality.
There have been three separate Sony model #s supplied of devices that are specifically intended to open up the menu and open up the RCA input on the rear of the chassis of a Sony UniLink source unit. At least one of these three devices solve the issue.

russellsmojo
06-21-2016, 01:23 PM
I use an exile eq and Sony head unit in my 14 mojo. One input on eq is Bluetooth into eq. The other input is head unit. I can use both remotes to change volume and radio stations. There are times like in a storm that old fashioned radio is not bad to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoleAlum
06-28-2016, 11:56 AM
Thanks!
Have the solution! Bought 3.5mm male (aux in) to rca female adapter at fry's for about $3 and a 3.5mm male to female 6' extension. Plugged the extension into the unit and ran through grommet already there for USB line. Behind I connected adapter to extension and then into exile BT. Already had connected BT to power and ground. It works great now.
Only needed extension to make it look clean since rca adapter was only 6 inches long or so. Can try and take pictures of packages if it would help. Hopefully this will work for you too. So much easier to keep phone at help or pass it around.

jmvotto
06-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Have the solution! Bought 3.5mm male (aux in) to rca female adapter at fry's for about $3 and a 3.5mm male to female 6' extension. Plugged the extension into the unit and ran through grommet already there for USB line. Behind I connected adapter to extension and then into exile BT. Already had connected BT to power and ground. It works great now.
Only needed extension to make it look clean since rca adapter was only 6 inches long or so. Can try and take pictures of packages if it would help. Hopefully this will work for you too. So much easier to keep phone at help or pass it around.

great idea, I tried to do that with the usb input.... to no avail.

MLA
06-28-2016, 02:13 PM
it works, sure, but kind of the long way around, considering Sony makes a simple and cheap device that unlocks those BUS Audio In inputs for adding such AUX devices. .

jmvotto
06-28-2016, 02:19 PM
it works, sure, but kind of the long way around, considering Sony makes a simple and cheap device that unlocks those BUS Audio In inputs for adding such AUX devices. . I bought one and will try this weekend on MLA's recommendation. I would assume the sound quality will be better and you should be able to charge while streaming BT

NoleAlum
06-28-2016, 03:56 PM
When I looked it was out of stock on Crutchfield and looked like I already had one plugged in which I believe was for the remote at the helm. The solution I have works great but let me know if it works and where you plug it into on the back. Thanks and look forward to hearing the results.

jmvotto
06-28-2016, 04:09 PM
When I looked it was out of stock on Crutchfield and looked like I already had one plugged in which I believe was for the remote at the helm. The solution I have works great but let me know if it works and where you plug it into on the back. Thanks and look forward to hearing the results.

yeah bought mine on amazon, there should be be a spliter after that which you can plug this into., where the cd changers plugs in.

https://docs.sony.com/release//CDXM60UI_install_EN_ES_FR.pdf

nelswhytry
06-29-2016, 02:11 PM
I bought one as well on Amazon. I will try it this weekend and update the post as well.
It looks like it should just plug into the splitter, one of the ports says Changer on it.

jmvotto
07-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Got mine connected now I can't get the cd2 input to come up on the deck

It skips right over it

nelswhytry
07-07-2016, 01:17 AM
I plugged mine in and it worked fine right away. Gave me the option for CD2 while going through the source now. And the BT works great using it. Make sure you have it plugged in good.

jmvotto
07-07-2016, 09:15 AM
I plugged mine in and it worked fine right away. Gave me the option for CD2 while going through the source now. And the BT works great using it. Make sure you have it plugged in good.

yeah I am going to rest it and check the connections, but it worked real good at first , I think I messed up the setting as it went into demo mode on me