PDA

View Full Version : 2015 440 Raptor motor "Hum" when the key is turned on

dusty2221
06-20-2016, 12:25 PM
Experienced something strange we have not heard before yesterday, hoping someone can chime in (calling Engine Nut!)...

Yesterday after cruising to a spot to float, when we went to leave and turned the key on the boat made all of its "normal" sounds but something from the engine compartment kept "humming," almost like a pump running. I confirmed nothing additional was on, so we turned the le off and the hum continued. It did not stop until the batteries were turned off. When I turned them back on everything was normal. We cruised on our way and when I slowed down noticed the him was back, again, same issue...batteries had to be turned off.

I noticed at one point, it was not "humming" when we took off, but it seemed like it started too and then it stopped, all while moving. Has anyone with the newer Raptor experienced anything like this? It is not showing any engine codes or anything.

mmandley
06-20-2016, 01:10 PM
I would look into the surf system, idk if swell is like my wave control but it only moves with boat moving.

On mine when you shut batteries off and turn them on you hear a hum nose as it tries to reestablish gps signal. It weird but my engine was of as well. Idk maybe an idea maybe not lol

BrokeGuy
06-21-2016, 09:06 AM
Check the throttle body. They like to hum if they are drive by wire. It's normal on cars for the throttle body to hum, I would assume it's normal on boats

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dusty2221
06-21-2016, 09:29 AM
Thanks. I will check it out. I may have to take the big engine cover off while on the water to find the source. I would really like to figure it out soon.