PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new Surf style board

dusty2221
06-20-2016, 10:30 AM
Had a mishap Saturday morning...the funeral will be later this week...

RIP to my Walker Project F18, gone to young at only 6 years old.
http://i.imgur.com/s6neV2k.jpg

So now....I'm looking for something to fill her shoes. Any of you Soulcraft riders have recommendations? This thing was the fasted board I have ever ridden and carved like no other....looking for something that can perform like it. No way I ever rode the board to it's potential, but that's the fun part...knowing the board is better than you!

Drew? What say you? All advice is welcomed! I would love a "molded" type board that was not as fragile, but it doesn't seem like any of them will perform like the customs.

KG's Supra24
06-20-2016, 10:34 AM
I told you ..... PARKER SOULCRAFT!!!!

wolfeman131
06-20-2016, 10:40 AM
http://youtu.be/Y1En6FKd5Pk

wolfeman131
06-20-2016, 10:44 AM
Drew? What say you? All advice is welcomed! I would love a "molded" type board that was not as fragile, but it doesn't seem like any of them will perform like the customs.

IMO, you are correct that there isn't a production board that will replicate what you had. Boards have improved tremendously over he last few years.

My advice: ride the Flegel IS this season and come to Southern Surfest 2017 to find your new stick.

dusty2221
06-20-2016, 10:47 AM
IMO, you are correct that there isn't a production board that will replicate what you had. Boards have improved tremendously over he last few years.

My advice: ride the Flegel IS this season and come to Southern Surfest 2017 to find your new stick.

Cool, now hit me with something realistic! I rode the Flegal all day Saturday, 360s baby. Fun.

jmvotto
06-20-2016, 11:08 AM
I told you ..... PARKER SOULCRAFT!!!!

Parker surfcraft !!!

I have ridden the couple chris has designed and they are awesome.

prototype hitting the masters division at lake Anna...

wolfeman131
06-20-2016, 12:38 PM
Cool, now hit me with something realistic! I rode the Flegal all day Saturday, 360s baby. Fun.

What's unrealistic? Already several forum members signed up.

The Walker worked well for you because it was sized right and was made from superior materials and shape. Same can be said for anything Jeff @ Soulcraft will make for you and Chris has spent countless hours researching products and techniques to implement in his boards. There is nothing like a board that is made for you. At first, you will wonder why you spent the $$ on something you can't control. With practice, you'll start to tame the beast and will constantly ride with a smile on your face.

mmandley
06-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Soul craft honu with blunt nose

Wax
06-21-2016, 11:09 AM
I'll throw in my $0.02...I just started riding Humanoid surfers last week, actually have all 4 of their boards right now; too bad you likely aren't in Michigan or you could come try them out. Their Candyland surfer is like a rocket. Their boards are all ridiculously light. I'd recommend the Candyland for aggressive surf style, it cuts hard and is really quick edge to edge, but I can still spin and shuv just fine. I'm really digging the Lip Stick skim style though too. Multiple people I ride with have tried them and everybody seems to love the Candyland. The board is solid with long fins, but I made custom 1.5" fins for mine (by custom I mean I ground down and shaped a set of my long fins), but I'm not a fan of big fins because I like riding loose.

I also have a small discount code good for anything on their website if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ironcross25
06-21-2016, 12:50 PM
I just got my doomswell neo. I just ordered the 4'8 they had in stock. Took me some runs to get the feel it, but man is it awesome. I am amazed on how I can stay on the wave and surf farther back than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtatexc
06-21-2016, 08:44 PM
I just got my doomswell neo. I just ordered the 4'8 they had in stock. Took me some runs to get the feel it, but man is it awesome. I am amazed on how I can stay on the wave and surf farther back than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am looking hard at that board in a 4'6" too. I am supposed to demo one in the next week and am excited

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

muehlcj
06-22-2016, 08:05 AM
Oh man. It’s hard losing a good friend like that. My condolences.

IMO Jeff (Soulcraft) is making the best boards in the industry, hands down. He may not have the coolest graphic lams, or the bamboo veneers (not that he can’t do that) but from a performance standpoint SC is a step ahead of the other customs. There’s so much more to the “shape” then just the plan view profile “shape” and Jeff’s designs are on point. For example have you ever thought about the bottom contour on a board you were buying? Where it starts, how it transitions in and out of the nose and tail, the fin placement and orientation relative to the concave, how it transitions into the rail profile as that changes from nose to tail………I could go on and on, sorry. I’m guessing no. I guarantee Jeff has and his boards are sick. Most of the time you look at the plan view “shape” and say hmmmmm I want a fang tail, a blunt nose and four fin boxes or something like that.

If you are looking to buy right now call Jeff and start talking to him about what you want and how you want to ride. The more you tell him the better it will be.

Just my .02.

Oh and PS makes some sweet boards also.

wolfeman131
06-22-2016, 03:57 PM
If you are looking to buy right now call Jeff and start talking to him about what you want and how you want to ride. The more you tell him the better it will be.

Jeff will even review video clips of you riding to get a sense of your style & abilities.

I spent 2 days with Jeff last week in his shop and it was incredible to see the amount of time & care that go into each board that moves through his shop.

moombahighrider
06-23-2016, 11:06 AM
Jeff will even review video clips of you riding to get a sense of your style & abilities.

I spent 2 days with Jeff last week in his shop and it was incredible to see the amount of time & care that go into each board that moves through his shop.

I absolutely agree with these guys. I had Jeff design 2 boards for us (1 for me, 1 for my wife). They are amazing boards and my wife has gone from being so-so about surfing to loving it....

Jeff put a lot of effort into understanding each of our riding styles and skillset and then was awesome in allowing us to completely customize our boards graphic design.

Can't say enough good things about our experience with Soulcraft.

dusty2221
06-23-2016, 02:38 PM
Jeff and I have been in contact and he has made several suggestions. I just need to figure out what I want to do. Would love to ride them all before deciding but that's impossible!

In the mean time, the Walker Project has found her final resting place.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160623/cadf413dbdfe3ae39fcfbad0a4758582.jpg

jtatexc
06-23-2016, 11:30 PM
I am demoing a doomswell nubstep tomorrow and am super pumped! I'll post some feedback after I try it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dusty2221
07-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Just to update, I have been working with Jeff at Soulcraft and have put a deposit down for him to build me a custom 4'6" HC Pro. Hoping it gets here quickly!

muehlcj
07-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Just to update, I have been working with Jeff at Soulcraft and have put a deposit down for him to build me a custom 4'6" HC Pro. Hoping it gets here quickly!

Nice! Sounds like a BA board. You will enjoy for sure.