PDA

View Full Version : Ballast not filling

Isaguel
06-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Front ballast not filling. I have the 1k lb V shaped fat sack in the front. I checked the beakers under the instrument panel. Couldn't find one for the ballast pumps. Any ideas? Under warranty but prefer not to waste a day driving to dealer. Thanks in advance for help.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Isaguel
06-19-2016, 11:41 AM
Front ballast not filling. I have the 1k lb V shaped fat sack in the front. I checked the beakers under the instrument panel. Couldn't find one for the ballast pumps. Any ideas? Under warranty but prefer not to waste a day driving to dealer. Thanks in advance for help.

Btw.i already checked the water intake under the hull. No obstruction.

Broke Pilot
06-19-2016, 01:11 PM
Is the pump running when you hit the switch?

Isaguel
06-29-2016, 10:47 PM
Cant tell too well. The pumps are pretty quiet. Cant hear it well over the engine sound. Do you know where the front ballast pump is located?. I can look to see if it is running. I read sometimes the pump needs to be primed. I cant find the breaker for the ballast pump either.

Isaguel
07-03-2016, 07:39 AM
OK. I can hear the pump but front ibs does not fill.

sivs1
07-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Had same issue with my SA. Hard tanks fill first and then bags. IBS takes forever, found that if I toggle the switch every few minutes helped. Size of tanks and size of bags takes almost 30 minutes to completely fill.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dusty2221
07-03-2016, 09:10 AM
Impellers. Check them.

rbeckner27
07-03-2016, 01:23 PM
I have had an issue with mainly my center pump but it will not power on. I flip the switch and it lights up but no power to the pump. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to to be annoying. Most of the times I can turn the engine off or cycle the power and it will start working just sucks cause I won't realize it and then my timer says I am full and there ain't a drop in the tank.

Does it never fill up or just intermittently?

Isaguel
07-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Thanks sivs1. I didn't realize the ibs was an overflow of the hard tank. You're right, it takes a very long time to fill.

North Woods Mobius
07-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Check the ballast fill timers in your digital display to make sure that you have the timers set appropriately for the size of the bags you are now filling. When I added my 500lbs IBS to my '14 LSV, I increased the timer on my center pump from 6 min to 11 min. On average, my pumps seem to be able to run at ~100 Gal/min. If the timers are set too low they will shut off (as they are supposed to) before they have filled the bags, although you can restart them by manually flipping the switch back and forth.

I have also found that running the engine in neutral at ~1,400 RPM while the pumps are running helps keep the amps up in my system and helps to speed up the pumps, especially if you're filling multiple bags at once. I've found that trying to fill multiple bags at the same time while the boat is at normal idle takes longer (or maybe it's just a placebo to address my own issues of impatience!)