PDA

View Full Version : Center Ballast not Draining

Boss
06-16-2016, 01:14 PM
My center ballast isn't draining and the pumps are stock and the bag is a 750 sumo sac. Whenever I try to drain it the engine cuts off and the battery goes from 14 volts to 10 and then a few seconds after the battery goes down, everything shuts off. I still can't drain the bag and when the engine cuts off I press the reset button and then the engine will turn on. I got the pump to turn on for a second by having fill and then quickly changing to draining it. Bag still won't drain. Thanks for the help.

kaneboats
06-17-2016, 10:22 AM
I think you have a separate aerator pump for draining. Sounds like the pump is bad. Might try switching it with one of your other pumps and see what happens.

Poison
06-17-2016, 10:29 AM
Sounds like the empty pump is pulling too much voltage and tripping the breaker. Swapping out the pump is pretty easy to do. Like Kane said, try swapping out the pump with another one see if it still trips the breaker. If not, then you know the pump is bad (which I suspect anyway).

Stroble
06-23-2016, 03:55 AM
Mine will drain 70 percent of the bag.I have to stand on it in order to get that much out. Also, the pipe that connects to the pump leaks bad. Where do u order a new pump from and how hard is it to run new tubing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk