PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Mondo Slalom Wake

drlynes
06-14-2016, 06:26 PM
Hi, just looking for any tips on dialing in the best wake we can in our '16 Mondo. I accept that it will never equal a DD, but we have 1 in the family that loves to slalom.
Speed recommendations?
I know the idea is make the boat as light as possible to minimize wake, but has anyone experimented with the front ballast to level it off? Horrible idea?
Ideal rope length to find the flattest wake?

Thanks a lot!

iwaterskihard
06-17-2016, 10:19 AM
I think you're going to struggle to find any sort of real wake for slalom that you can call decent. Good luck! :)

Mikey
06-21-2016, 09:03 PM
Not sure about the mondo wake, but i ski with buddies behind a 20SSV and an old MC X1.. These wakes are not tournament quality but for a Vdrive pretty decent..Both run with wakeplates up and use a 200lb sack in very front.. Other than that run boats as light as possible and skiing rope and speed are more skier dependant. Usually a long rope,15 off and 28,34 mph are gonna be the speed range to ski behind your boat.. But if your skier wants to try different length and let them pick the speed.

This is likely not gonna be Like something you want to ski a course with regularily , but should be possible just the same..

Good luck, and post up how it skis and results.. FYI skiing faster rather than slower will make the wake a little smaller.

Wax
06-23-2016, 12:37 AM
I would think your wake plate could adjust the attitude to level off instead of ballast. I think additional weight is counter productive. I didn't ski the Mondo, but I've skied a few vdrives and I just put the plate mostly down where it looks flattest and go. I ski at 28-30 when behind a ski boat, but def at least 30 behind vdrives, and as Mikey said faster equals flatter. Longer rope length theoretically will be smaller wake but not significant I don't think in your case.

I tried the course with a vdrive before, impossible at least for my novice-ish self. If you already go as light as possible, I'd hate to say but there's probably nothing you will do will make it noticeably or effectively smaller in my opinion to where the skier can truly cut across the wake as with a ski boat.

Shorten the rope and maybe he/she can jump the wake! Lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

klemmy
07-06-2017, 12:06 PM
We are having the same issue with our Mondo. Has anyone come up with a decent combination to make slalom skiing reasonable behind a Mondo ?