PDA

View Full Version : leak forward of V-drive

WolfpackRider
06-14-2016, 01:36 PM
My bilge pump comes on any time I've driven for several minutes. I finally had a chance to look around for a bit while someone else was driving. With the V-drive cover off, I can see a steady trickle of water coming from somewhere forward of the V-drive. The trickle is right in the center of the bilge. If I remember correctly, the only holes forward of there are the perfect pass pickup and the tracking fins. It also seems that the perfect pass pickup is close enough to there that a leak from it would have a trickle coming from the side a little bit instead of from the center. I don't think it is a leak from my center ballast given the frequency of which it happens regardless of having water in the ballast or not.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone have a tracking fin leak? I don't ever remember hitting something with them.

brain_rinse
06-14-2016, 02:23 PM
One idea for tracking it down would be to fill your bilge with hot water and bilge cleaner. Then you can look underneath and see if any water is leaking out and from where. Worst case you find nothing and now you have a clean bilge. :cool:

I'd be pulling up the floor panel and doing some investigation as well. The tracking fins are a good guess as they are thru-bolted and need the 3M adhesive seal to prevent leaking.

kaneboats
06-14-2016, 02:46 PM
I had a cracked empty pump on my center bag that was letting lots of water in a while back.