PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Outback DD back seat

achampagne
06-13-2016, 01:12 PM
Hi,

Looked through many posts and found no solutions for this (Aside from warranty coverage)

The back seat of my 2011 Outback DD has a metal frame screwed underneath and it collapsed over time (probably by standing on it). Now I have screws that came off and can't realy reuse the same locations since the material on which the attach to is now stripped. I guess I could remove it completely and attach the screws in different locations but this will only solve the problem temporarily. Anybody has a more permanent solution for reenforcing the support or should we just avoir standing on it ?

Please advise

Alex

deerfield
06-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Alex - Avoid standing on the back seat. Its structural weakness is one of two design flaws in the Outback. There should at least be a support piece right at the midpoint of the aluminum rail to sit on the floor and provide support for adults stepping into and out of the Outback from the swim platform. Mine has held up for nine years, but I insist people not step on the back seat or I take it out completely. - Stuart