PDA

View Full Version : Rear Locker Fly High Bag Quick Release Connector Issue

ghebert1111
06-12-2016, 07:45 PM
The connector at the bottom of my bag came off of the bag twice yesterday. This happened when the bag was over half full. This is the connector that attaches to the hose that is connected to the pump, NOT the vent. I examined the connector and the bag and everything looks fine. I've used the boat at least 10 times this summer and this is the first time this has happened.

I'll post pictures shortly.

ghebert1111
06-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Here's a picture of the bag and the connector.

Has anyone experienced this issue and what can I do to prevent it from happening again. If it involves glue/cement, what product should I use?

MLA
06-12-2016, 09:10 PM
First and foremost, proper hose routing and female fitting (straight or 90) need to be used in order to relieve the weight of the filled sac from resting on the make threaded fitting. 2nd. Use a PVC glue to secure the male threaded fitting into the sac.

ghebert1111
06-16-2016, 10:19 AM
First and foremost, proper hose routing and female fitting (straight or 90) need to be used in order to relieve the weight of the filled sac from resting on the make threaded fitting. 2nd. Use a PVC glue to secure the male threaded fitting into the sac.

Thanks, I've glued in the fitting and will try it our this weekend.