PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Mobius Throttle Issue

Newguy
06-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Hey guys, let see if anyone can identify whats going on. I had my 1999 Mobius out yesterday and it ran great through most the day on the way back to ramp something weird was occurring. I throttles forward and the boat would reach speed than would slow back down with the handle in the same position. As I moved the handle further forward it would speed back up but once speed was reached it would throttle back down. When I took the handle back to neutral everything happened as normal than when it throttled forward again the same issue. Just curious if anyone has experienced this or if anyone knows what it could be?

Thanks,
Mike

zabooda
06-12-2016, 02:35 PM
With my 98 I had the same issue and it ended with replacing the electronic ignition but I had a carburetor rebuild at the same time. That was the second replacement of the electronic ignition in 14 years. Mine would slow down then speed up and back down again. My carb needed a rebuild anyway but it wasn't the problem. I also replaced the fuel pump so I now have a spare pump which is a good thing.

ranger098
06-13-2016, 04:46 PM
I had this same problem with 8 friends in the boat this weekend.... and i got worried for a second. Revved up great, but just wouldnt go fast. Then i realized someone turned my Perfect Pass on! HAHA hopefully that is/was your problem too.

Newguy
06-15-2016, 07:29 PM
With my 98 I had the same issue and it ended with replacing the electronic ignition but I had a carburetor rebuild at the same time. That was the second replacement of the electronic ignition in 14 years. Mine would slow down then speed up and back down again. My carb needed a rebuild anyway but it wasn't the problem. I also replaced the fuel pump so I now have a spare pump which is a good thing.

Was the electronic ignition pretty simple to change? Never really messed with something like that before. Which one would you recommend

zabooda
06-15-2016, 10:57 PM
The mechanic did it and I don't have a clue what the model is but I can check this weekend. It wasn't that expensive.

parrothd
06-15-2016, 11:01 PM
Check the perfect place pass, even off the motor/line can sometimes unwind.