PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Craz General Questions

Luke2020
06-06-2016, 04:36 PM
So, new to forum and wakesurf/wakeboarding boats.

We recently bought a new 2016 Craz, surf edition and didn't get a chance to go out with the dealer to explain all the gadgets/tricks so I figured I'd ask the questions I had on here.

These might sound like dumb questions but I'm new to the scene.

1.) Do I need to be under a certain speed while a fill/empty ballast?
2.) The center hard tank, is there a way to check if this is empty?
3.) When I empty all the bags and the pumps seem to be sucking air there is still a little water in them, is this normal?
4.) For the AutoFlow 2.0, when someone says they set the plate to 65% to surf starboard, are they meaning they set the port plate to 65%, as this is the plate that deploys when you flip the switch to starboard?

We can go ropeless surfing but it seems like the most push is very close to the boat. I can't seem to get the wave any longer, it's only clean real close to the boat. Had both rears full, front at 65%, wake plate at 3/4, 55 port/75 starboard for auto flow settings. When I fill the front more it seems like wave height/push is seriously affected.

FWIW, anything under 10' depth the wave decreased significantly.

DFTR Josh
06-06-2016, 11:18 PM
Yes for filling keep it slow and empty you can roll any speed.
Never tried but where you put your mid plug you can check I guess.
3.) When I empty all the bags and the pumps seem to be sucking air there is still a little water in them, is this normal?
My front empty's all the way, the back I have to lift up the ends to get completely empty and not risk burning the pumps.
4.) For the AutoFlow 2.0, when someone says they set the plate to 65% to surf starboard, are they meaning they set the port plate to 65%, as this is the plate that deploys when you flip the switch to starboard?
Correct

deckwork
06-06-2016, 11:44 PM
DFTR answered most of your questions. I am also really new to both the tow boats and wakesurfing, but each time we go out it gets better making little adjustments in both settings and skill best we found so far was rear full front at about 3/4 (hard full and bow about half) and wake plate at about a quarter deployed running 11 mph, this seemed to get me best rope less managed to drift quite far back and recover most of the time, as you mentioned it did seem to have most push close to boat the first couple of times I tried but each time out I seems like I can go further and further back at least this is what I have experienced.

Luke2020
06-07-2016, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

mmandley
06-07-2016, 09:05 AM
I speed up to 20 then go back to idle and fill and dran, Technically it doesn't hurt to fill or drain at speed.
Physically no, but they are pretty reliable on the dash guage. I always hit the drains on the ramp again to ensure everything is empty
Normal to have a little water left in the bags, this doesn't hurt anything. Add a 1 way check valve to the Vent line if you want them to drain 99%
4.) For the AutoFlow 2.0, when someone says they set the plate to 65% to surf starboard, are they meaning they set the port plate to 65%, as this is the plate that deploys when you flip the switch to starboard? Yes and Yes

Pound
06-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Deckwork, Luke2020 are you both running stock ballast?

Luke2020
06-07-2016, 02:11 PM
yes, stock i think 2,500 lbs

wolfeman131
06-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Normal to have a little water left in the bags, this doesn't hurt anything. Add a 1 way check valve to the Vent line if you want them to drain 99%

Don't add a check valve to your IBS/center hard tank vent line.

We just listen for the bubbles to know when we're empty.

deckwork
06-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Deckwork, Luke2020 are you both running stock ballast?

Yes just stock for now really on the fence weather to upgrade or not in the process of pricing out just in case as it seems to be the common thing to do, wave is good for now but as I gain more experience I can see wanting bigger.

Luke2020
06-07-2016, 11:00 PM
Any good recommendations on what to use to wipe it down with after each use? We're on a dammed river so water isn't to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
06-07-2016, 11:41 PM
DFTR has you covered there too ;)

(his link and boat bling hot sauce)

jtatexc
06-07-2016, 11:42 PM
I love the babe's product line but I know there is a huge following here for the boat bling stuff. I use a light vinegar/water spritz in a spray bottle to break up water spots right when I get out then do a coat of the babe's boat wax after it and have been very pleased. I use a 5 or 6:1 water vinegar mix which is much lighter than most. Some people don't love the vinegar because it is supposed to strip wax but I have used it for years and always loved the results and apply wax regularly all the time as a good owner should.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DFTR Josh
06-08-2016, 12:10 AM
Any good recommendations on what to use to wipe it down with after each use? We're on a dammed river so water isn't to clean.
Thanks for the love KG!

1. Out of the water - Boat Bling Hot Sauce (http://www.marine-products.com/boat-bling-hard-water-spot-remover-qt-hs-0032.html) with a real shammy
2. Interior Cleaning - Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce (http://www.marine-products.com/boat-bling-vinyl-sauce-vinyl-conditioner-qt-vs-0032.html) with a mild scrub brush and micro fiber to wipe off
3. Interior protection once a month -Boat Bling Condition Sauce (http://www.marine-products.com/boat-bling-condition-sauce-interior-cleaner-qt-cs-0032.html) with a micro fiber cloth
4. Twice a year wax - Boat Bling Quickie Sauce (http://www.marine-products.com/boat-bling-quickie-sauce-spray-cleaner-wax-qt-qs-0032.html) with a micro fiber cloth

All products are wipe on wipe off and I live by Boat Bling. I now get it by the gallon and don't have a worry in the world and my boat is an outside boat. Also you can use discount code DFTR2016 and save on everything with links provided and www.marine-products.com

Jwredmon101
06-08-2016, 01:48 PM
I have tried boat bling and babes both .. cant go wrong with either. Both do the job well.

KG's Supra24
06-08-2016, 08:32 PM
I have tried boat bling and babes both .. cant go wrong with either. Both do the job well.

Agree. I'm a big fan of Babe's vinyl conditioner, mostly bc of the smell.

jtatexc
06-08-2016, 10:41 PM
Agree. I'm a big fan of Babe's vinyl conditioner, mostly bc of the smell.
Haha yes! The smell is what has me too, that stuff is amazing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk