PDA

View Full Version : Board recommendation

Thomasr
06-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Hi guys

I am Thomas from switzerland.
We bought a brand new moomba craz a few weeks ago.
For this, i am trying the buy 2 new boards.
I am currently using a hyperlite broadcast (skim) and a slingshot space pickle.
Becausee I am surfing since 4 years behing a sport boat with rope, I am trying to find 2 advanced rider boards.
I am 6 feets high and about 180 pounds.

1 should be like a ronix powertail or liquid force machine. I have never riden one of these boards but what I read in the internet fits my view. The board should be good for doing airs and charging the wave.

2nd board, should be something to fo 360s, pop shuvits and so one, so I think more kind of a skimmer/surf board. I am thinking about a 2015 ronix carbon thruster or skimmer...

Now I would like to know what you are riding and what you could recommend to me.
We haven't got that much shops in switzerland which are selling wakestuff, that is why i am not able to do a testride...

And here is something for you to enjoy the swiss view on a lake;)
https://youtu.be/ptDtICJU-i8

Thanks in advance!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

russellsmojo
06-05-2016, 09:26 AM
I cannot help on the board. Beautiful setting and thanks for the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomasr
06-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Thanks russel you've got a nice mojo!

jtatexc
06-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Hi Thomas. I think we would be helped in knowing you budget too. That dictates a lot. I am very partial to phase 5 for my skim and ride the Daniello diamond and swear by that board! It is such an amazing blend of speed, edge to carve and break loose to spin. I also have the parks carbon thruster and while it is fine, I found it to be a somewhat limiting board and am looking pretty hard these days at ponying up some real money for a doomswell or soulcraft but would LOVE a chance to ride one first. The tough part about our sport is there are so many shapes by so many companies that respond to different weight riders in so many ways. Hell I just added 2 more surf racks on my craz because I have 4 boards of my own and buddies sometimes bring theirs (that's part of the fun for us). Boards like the broadcast are great free all purpose boards but once you're out of that you can outgrow others quick too. The ronix brand makes great stuff and it's all I ride for wakeboard but there is are lot of arguable as good or better brands too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jtatexc
06-05-2016, 11:21 AM
I also picked up a hyperlite hifi too, that is a pretty kick ass board. Pretty cool with being able to play with the fin configurations to make it break easier or track better.

Thomasr
06-05-2016, 03:59 PM
My goal would be to get 2 boards for not more then 1000 usd if possible.
It doesn't matter if it is a 2016 or 2015/14 board.
Am i understand you write that the thruster from parks is a good board but not one of the bests for you?
Yes that is definetly the case. The broadcast is perfect to start doing some tricks and learn to surf, since we are doing it a few years and spend some money on a craz, it is also time to spend money for new boards;)
Have you ever driven a ronix powertail? What do you think about this board?
I am comparing it since a few days with the hyperlite time machine. But without driving it by myself, it is very hard to say...

I think currently the hifi will be my skim choice...

jtatexc
06-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Everyone that has ridden my parks including myself has been fine with it but felt there was just a bit more to be desired. It wouldnt be my top choice personally. I've heard the powertail is comperable but have not ridden it to speak. I am spending most my time on my phase 5 these days

philnizz
06-06-2016, 02:38 AM
hoi Thomas

komme selbst aus liechtenstein und habe mein mojo am bodensee. wo bist du?
fahre das ronix koal fish und ronix koal powertail. sind beide super, aber das powertail noch etwas besser. geil stabil, viel push. so wie du das beschreibst könnte das powertail gut passen.

kaneboats
06-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Beautiful shots there. Thanks for sharing. You are far too advanced to be riding a Broadcast. I have several boards but the Danielo Diamond is my favorite all time. I ride skim, not much surf. Phase 5 is the way to go for skim.

Thomasr
06-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Hi Guys

thanks a lot for your replies.
What size of board are you guys driving for the Phase 5 daniello?
I also wrote "Austin Keen" in the meantime, he is Kind of a skimboard pro I think... He is riding the liquid force tc skim. He also told me that in the next weeks a new board will be released from liquid force, some Kind of a austin keen Edition.
Anyway. I think I will try to get the phase5 daniello and the powertail for some airs.
I would be happy if you could share the sizes of your boards and your weight with me.

@Philnizz: bin aus Alpnach Obwalden, ist In der Nähe von Luzern. Gut zu wissen das da noch jemand in der "Nähe" ist:-)
Hast du deinen Unterwasseranstrich selber gemacht? Wir sind noch auf der Suche, was wir da genau machen sollen/wollen.
Wo hast du den deine Bretter her?

Thomasr
06-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Hi Guys

thanks a lot for your replies.
What size of board are you guys driving for the Phase 5 daniello?
I also wrote "Austin Keen" in the meantime, he is Kind of a skimboard pro I think... He is riding the liquid force tc skim. He also told me that in the next weeks a new board will be released from liquid force, some Kind of a austin keen Edition.
Anyway. I think I will try to get the phase5 daniello and the powertail for some airs.
I would be happy if you could share the sizes of your boards and your weight with me.

@Philnizz: bin aus Alpnach Obwalden, ist In der Nähe von Luzern. Gut zu wissen das da noch jemand in der "Nähe" ist:-)
Hast du deinen Unterwasseranstrich selber gemacht? Wir sind noch auf der Suche, was wir da genau machen sollen/wollen.
Wo hast du den deine Bretter her?

Thomasr
06-06-2016, 03:59 PM
thanks for your feedback. it is nice here but the sumer is coming to slow. We are still riding with our 4/3 wetsuits

I think I got a short list. I will check all shops and see where i can get the "best" price or list of boards.

The surf will be a Ronix powertail.

With the skim board I am thinking about the
- Hyperlite Hifi
- phase 5 danielo diamond.
The Danielo would be no 1 choice but most shops sell this board still for over 700 dollars.

What size of board would you choose?

One other question.
Where did you buy your boards. I ordered a few things in the past from the-house.com and buywake.com Both are my prefered shops. Did you have some other good shops which I need to check?

jtatexc
06-06-2016, 04:03 PM
I ride a 51 for the diamond and 53 for the hifi and am 5'10 160lbs. The boards have size recommendations for size and ability, just talk to the shop.

philnizz
06-07-2016, 09:42 AM
Hey Thomas

just sent you a private message.

Viel spass bim board kaufe. :-)

icemanftr
06-07-2016, 01:37 PM
My recommendation is solely by personal opinion and my style of riding... But I am 6'4" and around 22-225.
I have road a whole line of Ronix, and honestly wouldn't buy another one. They are not very good for bigger rides, unless you go ridiculously big in size.
I prefer:
-hyperlite "Hi-Fi" which comes in a 56" I believe mine is, and it is super fast, Carbon fiber finish (lightweight), razor sharp edges, excellent graphics and stomp pad, along with great pop and spinning ability.
-Phase five "hammerhead" another fast board with tons of maneuverability and carbon finish. Although I actually like the Hyperlite better.
-Inland Surfer "sweet spot", super fast board and comes in both epoxy or carbon edition. This board is super fast, easy to pop and spin, but is not able to ride in reverse. So if you find yourself doing spins and land only half way around, this board is impossible to keep in the wake at 180.

Hope this helps and happy shopping...

PuraVida
06-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Thomas,

What is the panel color you chose for your Craz interior. It appears to be white in the video? I am asking because mine looks the exact same but I ordered sky grey from the factory and I suspect the dealership lied to me when they claimed the sky grey is very close to white.

zdm751
06-11-2016, 02:16 AM
I have sky gray in mine I just ordered and it looks white unless you hold something white up to it. Then you can tell it is light gray. I like it so far doesn't seem as hard to clean as white and doesn't seem to get to hot. Dove gray much darker, I was torn on which way to go.

PuraVida
06-14-2016, 09:44 AM
I have sky gray in mine I just ordered and it looks white unless you hold something white up to it. Then you can tell it is light gray. I like it so far doesn't seem as hard to clean as white and doesn't seem to get to hot. Dove gray much darker, I was torn on which way to go.

Thank you!!

Thomasr
06-23-2016, 09:03 AM
Hi guys

I was able to test the hyperlite Hi-Fi 56 this week and it was just awesome!
It was such a different, we started to try 360s and Pop shuvits.

I will get mine on the Weekend.

Still looking for some surf style board. I am not sure about the powertail anymore...

Wax
06-27-2016, 10:54 PM
I've been riding the new Humanoid lineup the last couple weeks and I'm thoroughly impressed, so is my riding crew. The Candyland is a favorite for aggressive surf.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk