PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Moomba OBV Surging

aadsont
06-03-2016, 04:38 PM
I have a 08 Outback V and 2 weeks ago it starting surging on take off. We had been wakeboarding for about 30 min. I went back to the house and it did it on and off. I knew both of my batteries needed to be replaced. I replaced both last week and took it out and it didn't do it so I thought it was that. Took it out today and it ran perfect while filling ballast but as soon as my dad started to pull me to wakeboard it started surging again. It cranks and idols fine and actually when I emptied ballast headed back it ran fine again. Anybody had this problem?

Troy

jelmhorst
06-03-2016, 05:49 PM
I had this problem a few weeks back and the suggestion was fuel filter and/or bad gas. I replaced the fuel filter and spark plugs [mine were due], added a fuel injector cleaner to the gas tank, ran the gas out/put some new in and the problem went away.

jrobb
06-05-2016, 12:03 AM
I had a problem like this years ago on my old maxum, tried everything including pumping out the entire gas tank. I finally figured out that one of the spark plugs had a hairline crack in the porcelain surround on it and that was causing the surging problem. It drove me crazy trying to figure it out.

aadsont
06-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Thanks. If I can find a fuel filter for it I'm going to full with it tomorrow and go from there. Thanks again.

Troy

zd215
06-05-2016, 11:48 AM
If its like my 06 XLV, you'll want a NAPA 3299 or similar with 1/2" inlet and outlet.

z28ke
06-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Experienced the exact same with mine, spark plugs and a fuel filter cleared it right up.

aadsont
06-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Thanks everybody. I replaced the fuel filter and added some sea foam to gas tank. I have taken it out twice and no surging. I do plan to replace the spark plugs at end of year.

Troy