PDA

View Full Version : Trailer connector

beckman2713
07-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Hello

Getting ready for my new baby ('06 Outback LS) to arrive, it was to be started on the 7th. Could you guys tell me what connector I need for the trailer? I was reading the manual and it calls for a 5 pin connector (added blue wire for the brakes?) I have a round 7 pin and 4 pin side by side. Should I get the 7 round to 5 flat? Any info would be great. Thanks

Livindadream
07-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Yes, you have to. 5th pin is for the actuator on the brakes. W/out it, you will soon be starting a thread like the one I did entitled "why won't my trailer back up".

Congrats on the new boat. Hope you love it as much as we love ours.

JoeTechie
07-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Yup. One of THESE (http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=E&Product_Code= 37379&Category_Code=H) will do perfectly.
Oh, and ignore the whole section of the manual that talks about removing the trailer light connection when launching. The put that in there before the trailers had brakes and sealed lights.

-J

beckman2713
07-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Perfect, Thanks

I'll post some pics when she arrives.

Smrtz
07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
when I first got my boat I didnt have the right adapter I had to get out of the truck unplug the lights flip the plug around so the brakes would disengage....

It was a pain in the @ss... Sometimes the smallest things make life so much easier!

Good luck with the new boat. You are gonna love it!