PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong?

gmg
06-01-2016, 07:42 PM
I have a 06 LSV, I'm having trouble with on ballast switch. The switch wont light up but the main pump runs and the drain pump runs but will not activate the solenoid.
Switched all the wires from anther switch to this one and lights up and runs solenoid and drain like normal.
Any Idea what could be wrong ,I'm stumped.The solenoid does work as I tried it off another switch

Do they have to have amp draw to light up? Any insight would be helpful at this point.

kaneboats
06-02-2016, 07:36 AM
Do you have a reset/breaker on your Gravity 3 switch panel just below the switches? That one trips all the time. Very common. Just press to reset. Also, there are some fuses up behind the steering wheel. You have to lie on your back with your head under the helm looking up about 12 in. forward of the dash and you can see them. I think these are only for the empty pumps though.

gmg
06-02-2016, 08:43 AM
Every thing works basically except the switch wont light up and wont energize the solenoid that is good. It will turn the main pump on and the empty pump.

Its weird if I switch all the wires from another switch to that one the switch works as it should.

Maybe bad wires going from switch to the solenoid?

kaneboats
06-02-2016, 12:43 PM
Yea, I suspect a broken wire or a wire that came off its connector.