PDA

View Full Version : Any Lake Blackshear peeps on here?

soonerbilly
05-31-2016, 07:17 PM
Just like the title says.....Anyone?

nitrodude24
05-31-2016, 10:02 PM
We surf blackshear!

kaneboats
06-01-2016, 10:44 AM
I've been by there to check it out. A little too far away for a day trip for us.

soonerbilly
06-01-2016, 11:50 AM
I think i was right behind you nitrodude. You got the sweet supra. You gotta take us for a ride sometime. I got the old orange calabria. We've been going there quite a bit lately.

nitrodude24
06-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Anytime man we are there alot ourselves

soonerbilly
06-01-2016, 10:54 PM
We've been there a few times and went up the river area, are there any coves to ride in towards the damn/power plant. Someone told me SMOKES BRIDGE? BUt it seems pretty rough since its such a straight wide open lake. We also got stopped by the popo twice in 3 days. Once for boarding in the river area and a rider fell near a turn says we arent supposed to ride in turns? And once for boarding where the markers are heading towards the river area, told us too many stumps through there? I've seen where some are marked just seemed a little over zealous on their part. On a side note the "blue hole" area was pretty cool.

nitrodude24
06-02-2016, 09:18 AM
No coves really just straight flooded river basin. Smoak bridge is really the only one besides cedar creek but it gets shallow in a hurry. Smoak gets busy also the only smoother water is north in the river above the turn at the no wake zone at the mouth of the river. The whole area above 280 bridge wasn't stumped when they built the damn if your outside the channel markers watch out some are marked some are not.

soonerbilly
06-02-2016, 10:11 AM
That's where we went to ride....glass for miles. ONe of the big reasons we keep coming back. Tobosofkee is MUCH closer to us but its soooo small. Sinclair is about the same distance as Blackshear but it can be hard to find decent water there too. Is the river deep enough to surf in? We haven't surfed at Blackshear yet.

nitrodude24
06-02-2016, 11:34 AM
In places yes it loses depth in a few places though in other words you lose the wave height. Lake Blackshear is shallow in general deepest depth is just under 40' and that's in the river channel on the main body the lake not more than 50 or 60 ft wide at times. I think the avg depth is around 13-14ft so surfing great waves are a struggle not to mention all the traffic and busy water

wolfeman131
06-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Sinclair is about the same distance as Blackshear but it can be hard to find decent water there too.

Yep. Sinclair is TERRIBLE and should be avoided by everyone, at all costs! They recently found a gator in the lake as well.

soonerbilly
06-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Hey Wolfeman....don't you have the same boat as Nitro? Supra SG? What side of Sinclair you on? Little River side or Twin Bridges side? My sister has a place on the little river side just off the big water. If we go up Rudy Creek a ways we can find decent water on non busy weekends. Just a 20 minute ride I guess. Same as going up river at Blackshear.

nitrodude24
06-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Yep. Sinclair is TERRIBLE and should be avoided by everyone, at all costs! They recently found a gator in the lake as well.

Well if all it takes is gator for people to AVOID A LAKE blackshear is loaded with them I seen a 10ftr last week yikes.

kaneboats
06-02-2016, 10:48 PM
When that li'l baby grows up it will move down to FL to retire.

wolfeman131
06-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Hey Wolfeman....don't you have the same boat as Nitro? Supra SG? What side of Sinclair you on? Little River side or Twin Bridges side? My sister has a place on the little river side just off the big water. If we go up Rudy Creek a ways we can find decent water on non busy weekends. Just a 20 minute ride I guess. Same as going up river at Blackshear.

We had the SG last season and the SA this season. We're on Island Creek.

soonerbilly
06-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Right around the corner. We're at Nancy Branch kinda. Theres a little island right at the mouth of their cove.

moombadaze
06-03-2016, 01:50 PM
When that li'l baby grows up it will move down to FL to retire.

that must have been that gators pop taking a stroll the golf course in Florida that's been on video recently