PDA

View Full Version : Why does my baot porpoise

hotstore
07-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Hi:
I just bought a 2004 Mobius LSV and I noticed that when I was on the lake and opened it up the bow was really bouncing and the lake was like glass. I ended up filling up the middle ballast bag and that helped, but is there something else going on ? Everything was running perfect and the boat was just serviced. If you have the same thing going on let me know it kinda worries me.
Thanks
Rick

hotstore
07-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Not only that I can't spell boat.

lowdrag
07-11-2006, 01:10 AM
My '03 LS used to do the same thing starting somewhere between 35 and 40 mph. Even when I filled the front bag I couldn't get it to go away. I always figured I could have taken care of the problem if I would have gotten the adjustable wakeplate.

JoeTechie
07-11-2006, 02:11 AM
I cannot fathom how they can sell these boats without a trim plate.

IMHO, The "wake plate" is a manditory item on all but the base outback (flat hull).

If you have the wakeplate - drop it down it to point the nose back into the water, if not - the boat will porpoise at speed.

-Joe

hotstore
07-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I do have a wakeplate I'll try that, I thought that was mostly for when boarding, that never crossed my mind,thanks for the help.

MEDIC151
07-11-2006, 08:28 AM
I had an 02 Outback LS and it did the same thing. The solution, as it were, was to not go that fast. Now I have the XLV and the wake plate is down when cruising and up when surfing or wakeboarding. I agree that all of these boats need the wakeplate as a standard item.

Medic

cobra219
07-11-2006, 08:42 AM
I've got a wakeplate on my new Outback too. At speed it acts like engine trim on my old outboard. Trim the nose too far up and you will get a cyclic bouncing of the nose of the boat. Just trim the nose back down untill the porpoising stops.

If you don't have a wakeplate, get weight out of the stern of the boat, and into the bow and that should stop it.

Dave