PDA

View Full Version : plumbing a straight line bag into the rear lockers?

blackcup
05-30-2016, 11:55 PM
Hey guys ... so I have moved my 580LB straight line bag under the seat and I am wondering if/how I can plumb it in to the rear locker bag so it runs off the factory pump?

I'm sure it can be done just need to know what I need to buy and how to do it!

Thanks!

Fastest1
05-31-2016, 08:19 AM
There are 2 ways that I can think off off hand.
1. Take the drain line from the original bags and reroute it to the fill of the new underseat bag. This will fill the back bag first and when it gets full it will start to fill the other.
2. Use a selector valve at the pump to choose between which bags you want to fill. This would be my method if I didnt want an additional pump.

mikenehrkorn
05-31-2016, 08:38 AM
Hey guys ... so I have moved my 580LB straight line bag under the seat and I am wondering if/how I can plumb it in to the rear locker bag so it runs off the factory pump?

I'm sure it can be done just need to know what I need to buy and how to do it!

Thanks!

I think the easiest way would be to set it up just like an IBS.....move the vent line from the current sac to the new sac (to become the new sacs fill/drain) and then connect a vent line from the new sac to the thru hull. Probably be able to do that with some new hose, a few connectors and some clamps.

There are several good how-to posts on setting up the IBS, just follow one of those.

blackcup
05-31-2016, 09:47 AM
Great thanks guys.

blackcup
05-31-2016, 01:32 PM
Deleteddddd

jmvotto
05-31-2016, 03:18 PM
if you surf goofy, you may want to add a tee a one way check valve and a turn off switch to keep that side from over filling, but if not the above directions are good but may have problems draining cuz the larger port bag may collapse on the fill line and keep it from draining all the way.