View Full Version : Speed,temp,depth transducer.

05-28-2016, 04:26 PM
Ok here is a weird one!! Have a 2015 moomba mondo. My transducer was giving me issues last spring so I brought into dealer and they put one in off a supra boat. Worked good all of last year after that. Launched the boat this spring and it worked for awhile and then just quit. Looking at connections that was all ok. Screwed out of hull and put plug in. Dried it of put plugged it back in and it works. Ok great!!! Come back next weekend same thing it is flickering back and forth working then not. Took it out dry it off and then it works. Does not make sense.

ian ashton
05-28-2016, 05:27 PM
Maybe put dielectric grease in the plug?

05-28-2016, 08:32 PM
Dielectric grease is a nonconductive grease. Because it is nonconductive it does not enhance the flow electrical current. Electrical conductors should not be coated with dielectric grease prior to being mated. However, dielectric grease is often applied to electrical connectors, particularly ones which contain rubber gaskets, as a way to provide a nonconductive lubricant and sealer for the rubber portions of the connector.
The widest use of dielectric grease is in high-voltage connections associated with spark plugs. The grease is applied to the rubber boot of the plug wire. This helps the rubber boot slide onto the ceramic insulator of the plug. The grease also acts to seal the rubber boot, while at the same time preventing the rubber from becoming stuck to the ceramic. Generally spark plugs are in located in areas of high temperature, and the grease is formulated to withstand the temperature range expected.
Another common use of dielectric grease is on the rubber mating surfaces or gaskets of multi-pin electrical connectors used in automotive and marine engines. The grease again acts as a lubricant and a sealant on the nonconductive mating surfaces of the connector. It is not recommended to be applied to the actual electrical conductive contacts of the connector.
Suppose I could try but can't see it helping. Does not seem to be any moisture in connection. But although sometimes it does not take much.

ian ashton
05-29-2016, 03:36 AM
I'm guessing moisture.is the issue, since drying it out solves the problem, lol