PDA

View Full Version : Trans neutral safety switch issue

907rider
05-28-2016, 01:23 PM
So I recently replaced the engine in my 06 Mobius lsv. While putting everything together, the top of the NSS broke so I had to replace it. It worked for one run and then wouldn't allow me to start it again. I had to take the errors off and jumper it to start the boat again. So I replaced it again. This one has never worked. So now I just run with the wires jumped together and bypass it. With myself driving, I'm not really concerted about it. But to have others drive the boat so I can ride, I'm a little concerned. Does anybody hanger any experience with this that could point me in the right direction?

gregski
05-31-2016, 11:42 AM
Check the cable adjustment. I've had a similar problem in the past. My issue was that the cable length had changed slightly (stretched) and while the shifter did put the transmission in neutral it was off just enough that the switch didn't register correctly. There's a detent/hole in a plate which allows a little spring loaded ball of the switch to fall into when in neutral. IIRC, I disconnected the cable and registered the tranny in "perfectly center" neutral and then adjusted the cable so that the shifter neutral was the same.