PDA

View Full Version : XM7 / XM9 quick connector

mikenehrkorn
05-26-2016, 02:12 PM
I had an issue and pulled the wires out of my XM9 quick connector.....anyone have one laying around that they want to get rid of?

mazzyel2162
05-26-2016, 02:23 PM
you don't think you can disassemble and resolder?

mikenehrkorn
05-26-2016, 02:44 PM
Possibly, just not sure I have the knowledge and skill to do so and how long the fix would hold

mikenehrkorn
05-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Oh yeah, one other piece I forgot to mention.....I also broke the collar that bolts on to the connector and I know I don't have the skill to fix that.

smorris7
05-26-2016, 03:57 PM
Contact Brian at exile. Get a new collar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
05-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Yea I would just call Exile, They have TONS of those laying around as spares, I am sure they can get you hooked up.

What they don't have is the Clamp because they have moved to the new style.

mikenehrkorn
05-26-2016, 06:07 PM
I did reach out to Brian and waiting to hear back.

mikenehrkorn
05-26-2016, 07:38 PM
Talked to Brian and he didn't sound hopeful that he could find a replacement so please let me know if anyone has one to spare / sell.

ian ashton
05-26-2016, 07:54 PM
The piece that mounts to the tower, or speaker?

I've broken one before - if you absolutely have to, you can disassemble and repair, but it's a pain in the butt. I was able to get a new one from Brian, but that was a year or so ago.

mmandley
05-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Talked to Brian and he didn't sound hopeful that he could find a replacement so please let me know if anyone has one to spare / sell.

Can you post a picture?

I have the old clamps on my tower, but I am moving to the new ones, so I will have 4 of the older style units as spare. If you need the tower mount side I can most likely help you out. Just might be a few weeks as I leave for GA Sunday, won't be back until June 9th, moving out of the house as we finally got our close date, wife goes in for surgery the 11th, so my schedule is pretty booked until mid June.

mikenehrkorn
05-27-2016, 09:00 AM
Can you post a picture?

I have the old clamps on my tower, but I am moving to the new ones, so I will have 4 of the older style units as spare. If you need the tower mount side I can most likely help you out. Just might be a few weeks as I leave for GA Sunday, won't be back until June 9th, moving out of the house as we finally got our close date, wife goes in for surgery the 11th, so my schedule is pretty booked until mid June.

The tower mount is the only parts I need -- there is no damage to the speakers themselves.

Here are the pics of the broken collar - I guess I tighten the bolts down too tight or didn't tighten them at the same time ==> 2424024241

And here's the pic of the connector from which the lead wires came off ==> 24242

Keep me posted Mike, your leftovers may be my best option.

csm
05-27-2016, 09:15 AM
My connector broke like that once. I shipped it back to Exile, they fixed it and shipped it back for no cost.... Very unexpected, but great customer service as usual.... It was beyond my soldering skills.

mazzyel2162
05-27-2016, 12:07 PM
I think fixing that stuff yourself is totally doable (just so you can use your speakers until proper part replacement can be obtained) . For the upper clamp get yourself some fender washers and longer screws. For the speaker connector, radio shack probably has a replacement plug and temporarily soldering so it works ain't a big deal.

I'm seeing rust again - wonder if that Land O Lakes guy went salt water a lot.

mmandley
05-27-2016, 02:01 PM
The tower mount is the only parts I need -- there is no damage to the speakers themselves.

Here are the pics of the broken collar - I guess I tighten the bolts down too tight or didn't tighten them at the same time ==> 2424024241

And here's the pic of the connector from which the lead wires came off ==> 24242

Keep me posted Mike, your leftovers may be my best option.

Yup I will have 4 of those, just need the time to replace the clamps.

mikenehrkorn
05-27-2016, 10:12 PM
Yup I will have 4 of those, just need the time to replace the clamps.

I'll ping you mid to late June and definitely left me know if you make the switch sooner.

mmandley
05-27-2016, 11:33 PM
I'll ping you mid to late June and definitely left me know if you make the switch sooner.

Perfect, as soon as I can switch them I will bro.