PDA

View Full Version : Temp sensor install

Leirhiht
05-21-2016, 08:43 PM
Ok the only reason I'm posting this is because the sensor I got does not look the same a the one I'm trying to replace. Well the connection doesnt...
The new sensor I got has this Brown o ring and it doesn't look like the original does. I haven't taken my old one off yet but I can tell it doesn't have this ring cause of how small the wire is. Amy ideas? 2416724168

mmandley
05-21-2016, 09:53 PM
if you take the nut off the new one does the factory wire plug on top of it?

To me it looks like its just got the parts to use an O ring connector.

Leirhiht
05-21-2016, 10:16 PM
if you take the nut off the new one does the factory wire plug on top of it?

To me it looks like its just got the parts to use an O ring connector.

Boat is about an hour away and I was going to replace it tomorrow and just want to be prepared for what to expect. I didn't take the wire off the sensor when I took that pic cause I was unsure when I'd receive the new sensor. It almost looks like the brown cardboard looking circle isn't on or would fit under my wire harness

gregski
05-21-2016, 11:08 PM
Your back up plan could be to take a ring terminal to fit the new one. If the old one doesn't fit, just cut the connector and crimp on the ring.

Leirhiht
05-21-2016, 11:22 PM
Your back up plan could be to take a ring terminal to fit the new one. If the old one doesn't fit, just cut the connector and crimp on the ring.

Should fit cause I got it from indmar. Just don't see how this "cardboard" ring could fit over the rubber terminal connection boot. So I'm wondering if that should be deleted.

BrokeGuy
05-22-2016, 01:35 PM
Cardboard ring, is to keep the ring terminal from shorting on the outer portion of the sensor. With the terminal you have, you shouldn't need anything on the stud.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

Engine Nut
05-25-2016, 01:26 PM
Just take the nut and washers off the new sensor and the connector will push right onto the stud.

Leirhiht
05-25-2016, 01:33 PM
Just take the nut and washers off the new sensor and the connector will push right onto the stud.

I see now, like a spark plug wire boot.

Thanks alot Larry!