PDA

View Full Version : Ballast bag/wakeplate not working - fuse location?

blackcup
05-19-2016, 03:07 AM
So I just got my Autoflow 2.0 installed and I got the boat back onto the water for the water test. Went to fill the ballast bags up and no juice to the pumps. Also the wake plate will not go up or down.

I spoke with the owner of the shop that did it and was told that the fuses probably were bumped by an installer and to reset them. He wasn't 100% sure where the switches were located because they do quite a bit of Supras but not Moombas.

You guys have any idea where I might find them? Would save me a trip back ... but sounds as though I am going to have to take it back over to the shop to have them fix whatever was done.

LMK if you have any ideas. Thanks.

blackcup
05-19-2016, 03:09 AM
BTW here are pics of it done - also costed me $1000 over the quoted price. The gel work/paint came in substantially more because my manual flow system had quite a few more holes in it than the Supras they usually do. That sucked big time but wasn't much I could do.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2jg2c9k.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/9pnu4y.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/qqo2mw.jpg

smileycvc
05-19-2016, 03:16 AM
Check in the rear lockers.

blackcup
05-19-2016, 03:44 AM
Nothing in the lockers but the ballast bags.

wolfeman131
05-19-2016, 06:10 AM
There should be a breaker on the engine divider panel on the port side. Check to see if it is tripped.

5:00
05-19-2016, 01:35 PM
For the extra $1,000 they should come out, wipe the excess sealant from the transom and fix the issue. Hopefully that is it and they didn't knowingly let a problem go out the door.

blackcup
05-19-2016, 04:08 PM
I couldn't agree more. Heading to the boat today to see if flipping the breaker will fix it and if not I'll make sure they come out.

05-19-2016, 04:25 PM
Sorry, I don't men to burst your bubble. That is an awesome add-on! I hope it works and just in time for summer.

blackcup
05-19-2016, 05:07 PM
Yeah I know what you are saying ... definitely doesn't feel awesome thats for sure. Was super stoked to get it out last night and see the wave ... and then hitting the ballast switches and nothing happening was definitely a buzz kill. Still dealing with my terrible sounding 4 x Exile SXT9Qs and that whole fiasco as well. Fingers crossed it is a quick fix like a breaker or something ... but considering how everything boat related has been going thus far I don't have my hopes up.

05-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Damn that really sucks. I would go for fixing the wake to start with myself. Can't surf without it.

blackcup
05-19-2016, 09:26 PM
There should be a breaker on the engine divider panel on the port side. Check to see if it is tripped.

Found this breaker and tripped/untripped it multiple times but nothing.

wolfeman131
05-19-2016, 10:24 PM
There are breakers under the dash, too.

blackcup
05-19-2016, 11:54 PM
There are breakers under the dash, too.

Oh yah?!?! Will they be quite obvious if I get under there or is there a specific spot I should be looking?

Thanks!

13mobiusLSV
05-20-2016, 01:18 AM
Should be right under your battery switch. Maybe offset just to the right.

jstenger
05-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Are your pumps still in the factory position in the rear lockers? If so, then they probably had to remove/replace when they added the Autoflow upper brackets. Take the passenger side rear cover off and check the wires. There should be a pair of heavy gauge wires that come from the engine bay breaker that Drew mentioned. One is red, the other is black. They plug into and power the ballast/wakeplate module that is next to the pumps. I bet they are not fully seated. They have a small plastic tab that keeps them locked in.

blackcup
05-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Should be right under your battery switch. Maybe offset just to the right.

Do you mean the main battery switch? Where I would switch from Bat 1 to Bat 2 etc?

blackcup
05-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Are your pumps still in the factory position in the rear lockers? If so, then they probably had to remove/replace when they added the Autoflow upper brackets. Take the passenger side rear cover off and check the wires. There should be a pair of heavy gauge wires that come from the engine bay breaker that Drew mentioned. One is red, the other is black. They plug into and power the ballast/wakeplate module that is next to the pumps. I bet they are not fully seated. They have a small plastic tab that keeps them locked in.

Hmmmm ok this sounds like it could be right. The factory pumps are still in the same position ... I wasn't aware they even had to touch them in the install. I will head over and check the wiring going into it and the plug.

Would that also have anything to do with the WakePlate not working? I'm assuming they are two independent units?

jstenger
05-20-2016, 03:03 PM
Would that also have anything to do with the WakePlate not working? I'm assuming they are two independent units?

Yes, both the plate and pumps are controlled by that module.

blackcup
05-20-2016, 03:59 PM
Yes, both the plate and pumps are controlled by that module.

Beauty sounds like it could be the culprit. I'll make a quick trip over and see if anything looks out of place. The tech from the shop who did the work said he would be over later today or tomorrow depending on their backlog for the holiday (long wknd in Canada)

13mobiusLSV
05-20-2016, 04:30 PM
Do you mean the main battery switch? Where I would switch from Bat 1 to Bat 2 etc?

Correct, right by the main battery switch. Looks just the same as the one drew mentioned on the port side of the engine.

blackcup
05-20-2016, 11:40 PM
So got it working. I tried everything above and nothing worked. So I said f*ck it. Started to put the Wakemakers engine panel kit on and removed the carpeted panel at the back of the locker. Didn't know but behind that are the ballast pumps. I quickly found the issue ... there is a + and - connector back there and the negative wasn't plugged in all the way. Gave it a push and the pumps all worked and the wake plate worked :D

The difference in the wave from the Manual Flow to the Autoflow 2.0 is SUBSTANTIAL. It was just my wife and I in the boat without the big 580b bag and there was a HUGE size difference in the wave. Couldn't ride it tonight and gonna be shit weather here all weekend so I won't get to give it a run until mid week.

So far looks promising :D

jstenger
05-21-2016, 08:50 AM
So got it working. I tried everything above and nothing worked. So I said f*ck it. Started to put the Wakemakers engine panel kit on and removed the carpeted panel at the back of the locker. Didn't know but behind that are the ballast pumps. I quickly found the issue ... there is a + and - connector back there and the negative wasn't plugged in all the way. Gave it a push and the pumps all worked and the wake plate worked :D

This is exactly what I told you to do in post #15.

blackcup
05-21-2016, 12:00 PM
This is exactly what I told you to do in post #15.

Wow re-reading it now that I have done it ..... yes that is EXACTLY what you said to do!! I was thinking that you meant inside the engine bay ... the passenger side plastic panel there (where the fuse was located) I checked that and all the wires etc. to make sure it all looked good. It all makes sense now! I should have PM'd you to clarify on the post ... I didn't know that the actual pumps were located back there :D Thanks for the help Stenger

mgswake
05-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Glad to hear it's working well for ya. It's neat to see people being positive and helpful on here. There is just so much bickering on other sites.

blackcup
05-21-2016, 04:30 PM
Yeah it really is a great bunch of members ... I have learned so much from this board. I couldn't imagine how much it woulda costed me over the past two years without the knowledge gained from this site

icemanftr
05-21-2016, 07:55 PM

The difference in the wave from the Manual Flow to the Autoflow 2.0 is SUBSTANTIAL. It was just my wife and I in the boat without the big 580b bag and there was a HUGE size difference in the wave. Couldn't ride it tonight and gonna be shit weather here all weekend so I won't get to give it a run until mid week.

So far looks promising :D

Without pictures, I don't believe anything you say. Lol

wolfeman131
05-21-2016, 09:26 PM
Yeah it really is a great bunch of members ... I have learned so much from this board. I couldn't imagine how much it woulda costed me over the past two years without the knowledge gained from this site

Yeah, but how much has it costed you in copying other's mods?!?!

blackcup
05-21-2016, 09:42 PM
Without pictures, I don't believe anything you say. Lol

Haha I have a vid I am putting up now ... but without a surfer in behind for perspective its really hard to judge by the video alone.

blackcup
05-21-2016, 09:43 PM
Yeah, but how much has it costed you in copying other's mods?!?!

Sh*t good point. :o