PDA

View Full Version : Heater Doesnt Start Unless I Punch It

ranger098
05-18-2016, 10:41 AM
My Heatercraft Heater worked great last year, but this year when i hit the switch i get nothing. I found that either hand spinning the fan before turning it on, or hitting the heater with a screwdriver or something with the power on, will get it working. so there's a corroded something, somewhere, it seems. Anyone fix this?

I have two calls into Heatercraft where they need to reach the tech guy, who hasnt been available, and no call back...

BrokeGuy
05-18-2016, 11:17 AM
If your smacking the motor, then it will run fine. Then the motor is bad. It has a bad spot in the armature.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

996scott
05-18-2016, 11:45 AM
You can take it apart and make sure there are no loose wires or connections anywhere. If it's ok then like Brokeguy said, probably the motor. I just replaced my motor last year, my breaker would keep tripping. It's a pretty easy job to replace the motor.

ranger098
05-18-2016, 12:09 PM
You can take it apart and make sure there are no loose wires or connections anywhere. If it's ok then like Brokeguy said, probably the motor. I just replaced my motor last year, my breaker would keep tripping. It's a pretty easy job to replace the motor.

Awesome, thanks. Was the motor expensive? Ill maybe rip that heater out tonight and look into it....

viking
05-18-2016, 12:21 PM
or carry a BFH this season :) LOL

ranger098
05-18-2016, 12:47 PM
or carry a BFH this season :) LOL

HA your plan sounds pretty good actually.

zabooda
05-18-2016, 01:10 PM
I had to replace the heater core in my 98 Moomba and the blower was a single speed motor and looked like the blower in the bilge compartment. The box was riveted together so I had to drill those out. Pretty simple design.

yearround
05-18-2016, 07:14 PM
I mainly thought it was a PITA to crawl under the bow and remove the blower, the water supply lines were really short, so i added length to loop around and connect the heater easily, then screw back to the wall. I had not drained the heater adequately one year and froze the core. have not had any probs with the blower though.

KG's Supra24
05-18-2016, 09:35 PM
Z

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

996scott
05-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Awesome, thanks. Was the motor expensive? Ill maybe rip that heater out tonight and look into it....

I think it was around $140 for the heavy duty one. Depends on which motor you buy. You can buy directly from Heater Craft or there are a lot of other suppliers. Good Luck.