PDA

View Full Version : Ride difference from Mondo to Mojo?

BrettLee3232
05-16-2016, 02:13 AM
I have a Mondo & eventually want to upgrade to a larger boat. I haven't been in a mojo (yet) but am anxious to test drive one.

Anyone with experience with both can tell me if there is a big difference in ride quality and surf wave?

I never really noticed how rough my mondo rode until I rode in my buddies new MB B52. Thing rides like a Cadillac.

I love my mondo & with all my mods it throws a better surf wave than his MB hands down. Granted he hasn't completely figured out the wave yet but still. Right now it's no competition.

I'm sure the mojo rides better than the mondo but just wanted to get some help from people with experience with both! TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramzak
05-16-2016, 10:59 AM
I have been in both

Looked at the mondo due to price point, but quickly veered away as I realized that we wont be able to fit our group of friends and the single axle trailer really scares me as well(I tow it a lot)

Mojo was probably the 2nd best driving boat I have ever personally driven(after first gen SA). The hull is derived from the SA, so thats why I really liked it. We also go to a lot of big lakes and the Mojo handles rough water much better than Mondo and even better than the MB B52(which was other boat I was considering)

Surf wave: I have only seen both with factory Auto-Flow and factory ballast. MB had a better factory wave than both.

BrettLee3232
05-16-2016, 04:03 PM
I have been in both

Looked at the mondo due to price point, but quickly veered away as I realized that we wont be able to fit our group of friends and the single axle trailer really scares me as well(I tow it a lot)

Mojo was probably the 2nd best driving boat I have ever personally driven(after first gen SA). The hull is derived from the SA, so thats why I really liked it. We also go to a lot of big lakes and the Mojo handles rough water much better than Mondo and even better than the MB B52(which was other boat I was considering)

Surf wave: I have only seen both with factory Auto-Flow and factory ballast. MB had a better factory wave than both.

Thanks, yeah I would never buy a single axle trailer for a boat. Way to dangerous! My mondo has the dual axel.

Good to know that it rides just as good if not better than the B52 cause I was very impressed with that ride.

kaneboats
05-17-2016, 11:23 AM
Thanks, yeah I would never buy a single axle trailer for a boat. Way to dangerous!

I guess I don't understand this. I have had blowouts with single axle trailers on the highway going 75 MPH. You can feel it but the trailer tracks right behind the truck. Pull over and put the spare on. No big deal. What is your bad experience that makes you say it is dangerous?

Ramzak
05-17-2016, 11:51 AM
I guess I don't understand this. I have had blowouts with single axle trailers on the highway going 75 MPH. You can feel it but the trailer tracks right behind the truck. Pull over and put the spare on. No big deal. What is your bad experience that makes you say it is dangerous?

Yeah, I have had bearings go out on me in the middle of the night.... Basically had to tow the boat at sub 10mph for 4+ hours. Now I carry extra bearings and tools. Tire changes are also a bazzilion times easier. You just drive the other good tire on a curb or a rock and you dont even need a jack.

tows better and backs up straighter.

I have had single axle before, and I will never go back.

kaneboats
05-17-2016, 12:59 PM
No argument that double is superior. I just want to set the record straight that there is nothing DANGEROUS about single.

moombadaze
05-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Thanks, yeah I would never buy a single axle trailer for a boat. Way to dangerous!

guess I got lucky towing my 17' 1,000lb skiff on a single axle trailer for 2 yrs. Good thing I upsized my boat so I can now safely tow with the double axle trailer

just bustin on ya

mmandley
05-17-2016, 06:47 PM
I've driven the 16 MB B52 and I like how my Mojo drives better.