PDA

View Full Version : Engine Problem With Filling Ballast Bags

Boss
05-14-2016, 11:37 PM
Hello, it is my first time using the ballast system on my 07 obv and we decided to fill 2 bags for wakesurfing. When we were filling 2 bags at once the engine randomly just shut off and I had to wait 10 minutes to start it. It was like the boat didn't even have power because when I turned the key nothing happened but everything else was working (everything that used the battery). Once we got the engine started we inly filled one bag at a time and eveything was fine after that. Am I not supposed to full 2 bags at the same time?

ranger098
05-17-2016, 01:19 PM
Why wouldnt the engine start? did it turn over, just not start? Or nothing at all? what did you have to do to get it to start? Could be an electrical issue, but more info is needed.

Boss
05-19-2016, 12:40 PM
Why wouldnt the engine start? did it turn over, just not start? Or nothing at all? what did you have to do to get it to start? Could be an electrical issue, but more info is needed.

I was filling two ballast bags that came with boat at once (should I have done that?) and the engine just randomly stopped. When I turned the key it didn't turn over and it was like the boat had no power. The blower and everything else worked and I waited for about 10 minutes and when I turned the key it started and I had no problem with it after that. Just wondering what happened.

5:00
05-19-2016, 01:29 PM
With having to wait 10 minutes that sounds like it could be the ECM (Electronic Control Module). It will take time to cool down then start again.
Is your temp gauge good or does it get hot in the engine compartment when this happens?