PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecasting tool...what do you use?

Pound
05-13-2016, 04:02 PM
Spring brings some potentially crazy weather, but it sure is frustrating to put plans together based on a forecast 3-4 days out just to find that forecast go to crap less than 24 hrs out.
I use weatherbug and (lately at least) any forecast data more than 3 days out is pretty much useless.

Does anyone have a tool they particularly like that seems to be pretty accurate? I think a lot of weather forecasts all come from the same place anyway don't they? like NOAA.

jmvotto
05-13-2016, 04:12 PM
noaa, weather channel and sailflow.com

07STI
05-13-2016, 04:15 PM
I pretty much just use my phone app, which I believe is weather.com.

I've tried using websites and my local weather person via the news...Seems to be a complete crapshoot this time of the year in my area.

parrothd
05-13-2016, 04:48 PM
We don't use weather prediction websites/apps we go and see what happens, they're always wrong. I only use them for current radar showing rain.

The only useful app for me is windalert, which predicts the winds very well which effects the chop. We only ride on glass.. ;)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160513/109a1945cb5bad6a10027abf3acffaf5.jpg

JeffCook3
05-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Local weather app for forecast. All the national apps are mostly computer generated which give the general forecast.

For radar, there is nothing better than Radarscope Pro. I think it is $9.99 a year for the app on your phone. Shows
lightning detail and up to the minute radar. Also use a lightning detector app on my phone that shows strikes within range.

Woody929
05-13-2016, 06:00 PM
Radarscope is no doubt the best radar app hands down

For current winds I use WunderMap because you see all of the personal weather stations out there.

For the forecast I generally use www.weather.gov For some reason I hate the weather channel and I don't use their native apps even though they bought weatherunderground. Now IBM owns them all.

kaneboats
05-14-2016, 06:57 AM
Great free app for instant radar based on your location is MyRadar. Tweak it just the way you want it. As for "weather prediction". Yea, right.