View Full Version : Cooling Water Inlet Valve

05-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone

I am miles away from my boat at present and won't be back for a while.

Can anyone please tell me the size of the cooling water inlet valve as I want to replace it with a 3 way valve for flushing.

Engine Nut
05-12-2016, 08:55 AM
The water inlet hose is 1 1/4" ID.

Take a look at the Indmar Strainer Pro here. https://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=3653

It just gets plumbed between the water inlet valve and the engine. You can attach a flush hose directly to the strainer shut the water inlet valve in the boat off and flush the engine as well as keep debris from entering the engine.

05-12-2016, 03:07 PM

Do you know if SC going to offer the Strainer Pro as an option from the factory?

05-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't aware of this product, certainly worth considering. I am not sure if it will be readily available in the UK though.

I am still keen on the 3 way idea though as I can leave the hose fittings on the other side of the valve for ease of use.


Engine Nut
05-13-2016, 09:04 AM
I do not know if SC is offering the Strainer Pro.