PDA

View Full Version : Craz Oil Change.

smileycvc
05-09-2016, 09:53 PM
What is everyone using for oil and oil filters on their boats? I was going to go with a full synthetic 5w-30 from mobile 1 or similar. Should I stick with a marine fluid instead? Same with the oil filter?

Engine Nut
05-10-2016, 09:12 AM
What is everyone using for oil and oil filters on their boats? I was going to go with a full synthetic 5w-30 from mobile 1 or similar. Should I stick with a marine fluid instead? Same with the oil filter?

You didn't indicate which engine is in your boat so it is pretty tough to make a recommendation. I suggest that you use the viscosity as recommended in your engine Operator's Manual. It does not have to be marine specific oil but the viscosity rating and API rating should be followed. Same with filters ... the automotive equivalent is adequate. If you do use fully synthetic, make sure the engine has at least 100 hours run time before switching to synthetic to make sure the rings are seated properly. Also, the use of synthetic oil does not extend the oil change interval in a marine engine ... it still should be changed every 50 hours.

Engine Nut

DaveM
05-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Larry, since its a Craz, which is new, isn't the Raptor the ONLY engine available in that model?

DFTR Josh
07-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Anybody help confirm from what the manual says. 8qt of oil for the 7.2L standard engine but I'm rocking a 6.2 and would think 6qt for an oil change.