PDA

View Full Version : Waterlogged seats

07STI
05-09-2016, 08:13 AM
I have no idea when a few of my seats got waterlogged, but I know it wasn't while in my possession.

Regardless, I'm trying to figure out how to get the seats dried out. My boat is in my garage. I removed the seats and laid them at an angle inside the boat. They've been that way for 6-7 days now. I've moved them a bit (changed the angle and tried squeezing them to get some water out). The seats are still waterlogged and don't feel any lighter than a week ago.

I've considered putting them outside to get more air and some sunshine, but didn't think it would take this long.

Does anyone have an idea on how to get the water out?

Mods - Please move if this belongs in the service/repair section of the forums.

jmvotto
05-09-2016, 08:56 AM
this is on a 2016 craz?

07STI
05-09-2016, 08:57 AM
That is correct.

jmvotto
05-09-2016, 09:29 AM
wholly crap , what happened and who had it. I am working on a diff problem when my boat came back from storage covered in mildew.

viking
05-09-2016, 09:35 AM
stick a fan on them. Might have to take them apart to completely dry out?

07STI
05-09-2016, 09:43 AM
The boat was at the original dealership I purchased from between late October and February 26. That's a story...Short version - I brought the boat down for winterization and to have a graphic fixed under warranty. Took 3+ months to get the graphic fixed and then it was a rush for me to come pick the boat up the end of February (middle of winter in WI). I didn't look the boat over when I got it home...Just put it in the garage.

Boat was in my possession from February 26 - April 18. From April 18 - May 2, it was at my local dealership to be summarized and have a new prop installed. It sat outside for those 2 weeks with the cover on (I believe), so I'm guessing it happened during that time.

The 2 affected seats aren't completely soaked, but you can definitely tell they're heavier than the other same-size seats. And if I squeeze the seats firmly, I can get water to drip out. I'm worried about mold/stink.

DFTR Josh
05-09-2016, 09:57 AM
Our Craz has got some serious rain storms and yet to fill the seats water logged. I do get out and open it up after it gets rained on to dry it out since the cover isn't 100% waterproof. I would try different angles with your seats and sunshine before taking stuff apart.

jmvotto
05-09-2016, 10:18 AM
fans and a dehumidifier, its it the cockpit and toneau cover or the movering cover.

you could use "damp rid" to suck the moisture out as well. walmart lowes etc.

07STI
05-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Mooring cover was on.

Thanks for the responses.

I'll bring the seats to the basement next to the dehumidifier and throw a box fan on them. Hopefully they dry out in a few days.

jmvotto
05-09-2016, 10:30 AM
my buddy has to strap his mooring cover around the tower to limit and rain from entry, cant imagine how much water to get the seats soaked, any mildew?

07STI
05-09-2016, 10:34 AM
No mildew, which is why I'm fairly certain it happened in the 2 weeks it was at my local dealer.

Going forward, I'll make sure the dealership either keeps it inside or is more cognizant of putting the cover on well.

jmvotto
05-09-2016, 10:36 AM
real bummer, good luck getting them dry.

Crane man
05-09-2016, 12:27 PM
No mildew, which is why I'm fairly certain it happened in the 2 weeks it was at my local dealer.

Going forward, I'll make sure the dealership either keeps it inside or is more cognizant of putting the cover on well.

I had similar problem when my boat was at dealer for warranty repairs. It was a rush to pick it up and I had been told it was inside the entire time it was at dealer, yet when I got home and checked it out both battery boxes were full of water and ice. This was mid January.24021

07STI
05-09-2016, 12:29 PM
I had similar problem when my boat was at dealer for warranty repairs. It was a rush to pick it up and I had been told it was inside the entire time it was at dealer, yet when I got home and checked it out both battery boxes were full of water and ice. This was mid January.24021

Unreal. Did you get things taken care of? What did the dealer have to do?

moombadaze
05-09-2016, 01:52 PM
if the seat bottoms have a hole in the underside, use a wet/dry shop vac and just let it vacuum the moisture out--may take some time but it will get a majority of it out

07STI
05-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Thank you for that recommendation. I'll give that a shot too, as the seat bottoms do have holes.

wolfeman131
05-09-2016, 02:10 PM
if the seat bottoms have a hole in the underside, use a wet/dry shop vac and just let it vacuum the moisture out--may take some time but it will get a majority of it out

I was going to recommend the same.

Also, cat litter does about the same as the stay-dri, but cheaper. You can get a huge bag & pour it into a shallow cardboard box and set your seat cushions on top.

As long as you don't have a cat. . . .
Could turn out crappy if you do.

Gabbyg88
05-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Mooring cover was on.

Thanks for the responses.

I'll bring the seats to the basement next to the dehumidifier and throw a box fan on them. Hopefully they dry out in a few days.
That is exactly what I did when I bought my boat and my seats were water logged.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Crane man
05-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Unreal. Did you get things taken care of? What did the dealer have to do?

All but 1 issue have been fixed. I have a great discount on any purchase through them because of the hassle and poor workmanship on initial repairs. Oh and they got rid of a few guys from service department.