PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl repair

Wax
05-08-2016, 10:34 AM
What do you feel is the best way to "fix" small tears in vinyl in order to prolong the need for replacement? I've seen some vinyl glue at stores, any brand you've found works the best? I'm also curious about patches, tape, etc. A few little things on my boat I want to address now to prevent further issue for a while.

Probably the funniest but possibly best thing I've ever seen is my doctor stitched his up on his Nautique 226 and glued over top lol. I don't think I'm going to go that far, nor do I have the skills!

trayson
05-08-2016, 12:28 PM
for the quickest, easiest and most cost effective, I'd use Tear Aid. it's like $7 for a package and it's basically a clear vinyl sticker that goes over the tear. Does it look factory like new? No. But it does the job and has gotten me at least another year, maybe 2 before I have to re-do my whole upholstery.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/graphics/product_images/pDSP1-12401496p275w.jpg

jtatexc
05-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Yup same here. Decent product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jzelt
05-09-2016, 12:13 PM
If you just want glue, Autozone (auto parts) (I believe) sells a tube of vinyl glue in the adhesives/gaskets.

Wax
05-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Well I found some glues like that, just wondering what people have found works best, like a specific brand or another method such as this tape.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

TheDude
05-20-2016, 08:34 AM
I used to do vinyl repair and re-dye and was very good. If you call a couple local -larger- car dealers and ask the used car manager or service manager who they use for vinyl repair, you should be able to find someone local that can make a NEARLY invisible repair. Pay cash- depending on the tear, color, etc you can probably get it done in less than an hour for $50-$100 and it will be strong.