PDA

View Full Version : Engine divider Q

blackcup
05-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Hey guys ... I picked up the WM Engine divider support kit the other day.

I went to install it and the lower plastic channel (on the floor) is actually completely snapped. Has anyone had this happen and if so what did you do to support the bottom of the divider? I am guessing maybe a new channel of some sort from Home Depot will do the trick? If I find one that fits, I will just screw it back in to the existing holes in the floor ... but would I need to put epoxy or anything in the hole before screwing?

Thanks guys

ghebert1111
05-07-2016, 09:03 AM
I replaced the floor channel last season and just screwed it into the floor.

Also, it's pretty easy to get the parts from Lowes and build a support kit for half the price of WM. Just need a drill and some kind of cutting device to cut the U channels to size.

jedandsara
05-07-2016, 04:20 PM
I got a new aluminum channel from Lowes and cut it to the same length. They have an aluminum channel that is the same width as the stock plastic. The aluminum channel is a great upgrade because it is stronger.

blackcup
05-08-2016, 09:02 PM
OK cool thanks guys ... did you just screw back into the existing holes in the floor? And did you use any sort of epoxy or caulking in the screw hole?

ghebert1111
05-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Just screwed right in.

c h r i s
05-08-2016, 10:41 PM
I got a new aluminum channel from Lowes and cut it to the same length. They have an aluminum channel that is the same width as the stock plastic. The aluminum channel is a great upgrade because it is stronger.

You happen to remember the size of the channel you purchased?

ghebert1111
05-09-2016, 08:51 AM
Bring in the panel or the destroyed channel and size it at the store.