PDA

View Full Version : How to Stop Boat Cover Openings Around Wakeboard Tower from Letting Dirt into Boat

MikeK
05-03-2016, 10:23 PM
I've owned a 2013 Moomba Outback V and I now own a 2014 Moomba Outback V. With both years I've had issues keeping the boat clean because the gap in the boat cover around the wakeboard tower let's water run down into the boat along with dirt and anything else blowing in the wind. This stains the cushions, carpets and side walls and let's dirt get into the creases of the upholstery. Does anyone have any solutions to prevent or avoid this with the stock Moomba boat cover?

smorris7
05-04-2016, 07:03 AM
Some have added a flap that goes through the oz tower. Personally I wrap a towel around the base of the tower then tighten the cover around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trayson
05-04-2016, 11:50 AM
I would think that your best solution would be adding some closed cell foam that you wrap around the tower legs and tighten the cover around that. Then it won't suck up water like a sponge. (or a towel)

patrick232
05-04-2016, 12:32 PM
I have thought about getting pipe foam and putting on the cover with the slit side.

trayson
05-04-2016, 12:42 PM
I have thought about getting pipe foam and putting on the cover with the slit side.

I think this would be the best solution. and cheap.