PDA

View Full Version : Speedo isn't working. I need Help!

Kstalvey
05-02-2016, 11:12 PM
I have a 13 LSV and the digital and needle speedo gauge stopped working at the end of last year. Replaced it with the GPS unit sold by Nautilaugic. Took it out this weekend and no reading. The digital gauge with the ballast and temp work, but no speed. Unit is powered up and shows it is locked on a satelite, no speed. Been in contact with company and they have been helping with no luck. Any suggestions?

mmandley
05-03-2016, 12:42 PM
If you had it stop working last summer, then you need to fix that to make the Nautilaugic work.

Even though the NL doesn't use the paddlewheel it does use the rest of the system. I would be looking into your dash as the problem. I don't have any good ideas were to point you but to start I would reconnect your factory system and start TSSing your dash connections.

BobP
05-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Not exactly sure how the Nautilaugic work, but if it is GPS based and it is on and locked should it not display the speed of the boat independent of any other connections? For the analog speedo, check your paddle wheel. Our speedo went out too (but our GPS Perfect Pass continued to show speed), turned out to be missing tines on the paddle wheel.

BobP
05-03-2016, 06:26 PM
Not exactly sure how the Nautilaugic work, but if it is GPS based and it is on and locked should it not display the speed of the boat independent of any other connections? For the analog speedo, check your paddle wheel. Our speedo went out too (but our GPS Perfect Pass continued to show speed), turned out to be missing tines on the paddle wheel.

Not sure how (or if I can) to edit posts. I looked up the Nautilogic and see that it is just the GPS sensor and replaces the paddlewheel input to your display. As Mike mentioned, it seems like what wasn't working before still is not working.