PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of 2009-2010 Captains Seat Cushion

z28ke
05-02-2016, 11:24 AM
I was working on my prop shaft alignment yesterday and my 4yo decided to stab my cushion with the pick I used to remove a few hoses for better access. I talked with Cindy at Atlanta marine and only skins available are 2009+ and the part number is different from mine (2008 OBV). I searched and can't find any good images of the captains cushion bottom from 2009-2010 to see if it will work with mine. Would anyone be willing to pull their cushion out and take a couple pics with a ruler in the photo? Thanks

zabooda
05-02-2016, 01:15 PM
A local upholstery shop can make an exact match with better fabric at a cheaper price. It's good to have that contact so you have a place to go to when other seats wear out. I have one more Moomba skin to replace and I'll have a complete changeover.

parrothd
05-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Cindy can order the viynl for an exact match, then you can make it or a upholstery shop can.

kaneboats
05-03-2016, 04:02 PM
I would not order the same original vinyl again. Way better off to use a quality material.

parrothd
05-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Lol.. Spradling is pretty high end, usually lasts about 10 years which is pretty awesome, doubtful you'll find something better. Spirit millennium naugahyde would be my next choice, however it won't match the current colors and textures you have.

z28ke
05-04-2016, 10:32 AM
That's for the tips guys, I think I'll get a couple patches for right now and see how it holds up before going to the upholstery shop. That's something I'll probably get done during the off season.

kaneboats
05-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Lol.. Spradling is pretty high end, usually lasts about 10 years which is pretty awesome, doubtful you'll find something better. Spirit millennium naugahyde would be my next choice, however it won't match the current colors and textures you have.

Hmm. The base vinyl was not too bad in 2008 but the textured stuff they used on all the front edges is just vinyl garbage and rots away very quickly.

zabooda
05-04-2016, 05:41 PM
The fabric must have changed over the years. The fabric used to be a common problem and the answer was that is one reason Moombas were cheaper. Exact color matches are no problem at a upholstery shop. I left Moomba fabric as suntan lotion was staining the fabric.