PDA

View Full Version : First Timers

Woody929
05-01-2016, 10:17 PM
While I was waiting for my wife to get home from a girls weekend, I went to our ramp to purchase our annual pass. Once that was done, I drove down to the ramp and witnessed a truck full of guys attempt to back an older white boat down the ramp. I then made a u-turn and went home.

Once my wife got back in, we decided to go put some hours on the new Mojo. While out on the water, we saw them a few more times. As we came back up the ramp, they were waiting for the guy driving the truck to once again attempt to back the trailer down.

My wife was able to drop me off at the dock, and I was able to back up to the ramp & catch the following video.

I decided to video after the driver went full throttle up the trailer and smashed out the tail light of the pickup.

I recorded until I got tired of holding my phone, but they went on for another 5 minutes or so. While they got their boat pulled out and were assessing the damage, they stared daggers at my wife as she had the new boat loaded and we were pulling out of the water in less than a minute.

https://youtu.be/vU_Sn4Tg0N0

russellsmojo
05-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Slalom shop got some good advertising! They impressed me again this weekend. Best dealer in DFW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody929
05-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Yep, the crew at SS is top notch. I realized when we took our picture at home last week of us standing in front of the new boat, the pad was turned out in a way you would've thought we did it on purpose.

KG's Supra24
05-01-2016, 11:02 PM
Holy s***!! That's unbelievable without video footage.

wolfeman131
05-01-2016, 11:25 PM
I think you were lucky to not witness someone losing a body part! I'd stay off that lake if you see those idiots again.

jtatexc
05-01-2016, 11:44 PM
I always joke on how you can have a full day of entertainment just getting a couple lawn chairs and watching dumbasses at the dock on a Sunday. This is awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DFTR Josh
05-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Man that sucks! I also agree it was good to not see anybody lose a arm or hand. Last time at the lake we pulled next to a 2016 MB to wipe down. After long talks about the boats this guy was brand new to boating and waiting for a guy to come teach him the how to. Explained while it was empty at the ramp to back the truck up and down to get the practice in. 1 more month that boat ramp will be 4 wide dropping and 10 in line to get in. It was cool they took the advise and started playing the the truck and boat, up and down while waiting for their guy.

5:00
05-02-2016, 12:40 PM
That was actually hard to watch. Some nice ramp rash on that boat. I am guessing there is no boater's license involved with that captain? I love how he steps to the stern while they are trying to lift it. A couple of guys in the bow would have worked wonders.

Dandy21
05-02-2016, 01:32 PM
First off, I am happy to see someone take video with their phone in the correct orientation! Way to go.

Did they not trim up their I/O drive? It looked like they may have but not all the way. Wow, that was something. Almost wondering if they rented the boat from some place, it was obvious that none of them had any real experience on the water. It was nice to see someone get out and offer some help, that is one thing about the boating "community", even though it's easy to poke fun at things like this, it also is a testament to the helpfulness and patience of fellow boaters.

Woody929
05-02-2016, 01:40 PM
I heard them saying the trim was broken and it wouldn't go up. I did strongly consider getting out to help, and had there not been another guy there I would've. At the same time I witnessed them drive the boat into the back of the truck at a pretty good speed, and I didn't have a lot of faith in them that I would be able to leave with all of my limbs in tact.

kaneboats
05-03-2016, 04:09 PM
One thing I have encountered is that when you offer assistance you often meet with resistance. The worst idiots out there are always "know it alls" who won't listen to someone with experience who is just trying to help (especially in front of their 4 drunk buddies). Lack of knowledge is not necessarily a bad thing. Not accepting help from someone with knowledge is pure idiocy.