PDA

View Full Version : New Ski

Yellowmobius
07-07-2006, 05:35 AM
I am in the market for a new slalom ski, just wondering what people are riding.
I am currently on a 10 year old HO VTX, it is still a nice ride however it is 10 years old and I think I am ready for something new. I don;t ski a course more than a few times a year, mostly open water. I can make the course at 15 off.

YellowMoomba0
07-07-2006, 08:43 AM
I was on an HO phantom for years. Now I have a D3 Custom 4 I ski into 32 off on the course and I am a fin tweaking junkie. I cant say enough about D3. New models are tough to decide since there is all this written hype from each manf. regarding what the ski will do. Most skis will do all of that stuff with the right fin setup.

I bought my D3 directly from the factory. It is one of those greatly discounted models because the flex tolerance was slightly out of tolerance, something you would not notice unless you are consistently at 35 off or better.

csaj4506
07-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Kidder Redline Classic is the ski for me.

JoeTechie
07-09-2006, 08:50 AM
I got a Connelly Concept with the new boat this year... nice ski - very forgiving, good transitions - but mediocre tracking.

-J

BensonWdby
07-11-2006, 01:03 AM
I am running a 99 Connelly Concept and have found it to be a forgiving, yet well perfroming ski as well. I am running open water sets at 28-35 off at 34 mph. Wing is at about 8-10.

I am liking it so far...

Dave

barefooterh2o
07-14-2006, 04:16 PM
There is a lot of good skis out there now. I ski on a 06 F1X and 05 KD CR7 and 04 Concept. You can ski the course with any of these. The Connelly F1X is a faster ski and turning ski than the Concept. It's only $20 more than the Concept but worth the extra money. Also it handles rough water better than the Concept.

silverski
07-17-2006, 11:00 AM
The F1X is the described as "slightly shaped", correct? I do not ski a course and am currently skiing on a ski that is a little undersized. Been skiing 35-36 mph but looking to slow down a little as I am getting older. My thought is that the slight shape would allow this, however I have skied on a fully shaped ski and hated it. Probably going to demo the ski in the next few weeks to make sure it will work. thoughts?

Jonathan
07-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Kidder Redline has to be the ski for me too!!

I bought this ski over 5 years ago and I recently tried to change to a KD 7000, but I just couldn't do it. I love the Redline.

Dave A
07-20-2006, 12:34 PM
You could also try the FX. It is a shaped slalom ski. Easy to deep water start and descent performance.

barefooterh2o
07-24-2006, 06:06 PM
The FX is a ski that is in between beginners and advance. (Competition is the level above advance.) The FX does get you out of the water quicker, but does not make sharp turns and most people tire of it quickly. I bought one years ago and tired of it within a couple of months and moved up.
If you want something that gets you up quickly with little water in the face and still turns so you can do the course, try an HO Burner. It is not as quick as the F1X, Concept, KD CR7, etc... but you won't tire of it.
Get the phone number for Wileys.com and call them and tell them what you are looking for in a ski and they will get you the right one. They been around for over 30 years and sell all the brands and blemish skis.