PDA

View Full Version : Trouble starting....15 Mondo

BrettLee3232
04-30-2016, 05:12 PM
So last 2 trips I've had a problem starting. First time my wife couldn't get her started at the launch ramp. Told her to put it in gear and back to neutral. Then it fired right up. We parked and went to leave and same thing wouldn't start.

I called the dealer and they said cold be something in the throttle & I shouldn't worry about it since it will start after a few tries. Then bring it in when I have time (3hr trip to get boat 3hr trip to drop off boat & 5hr trip back home).

Last trip i was taking the boat off the trailer and it wouldn't kick over for like 5 minutes. I called the dealer and told them. As I was on the phone I left the key in "run" and after a few seconds it turned on by itself. So throughout the day I put the key into "run" & let the display screen boot up then turned it over & it fired up. But if I tried to do it normally (from the off position) it wouldn't start.

Any ideas before I make the truck back to the dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johndeeremoomba69
05-01-2016, 01:15 AM
That noise you hear in the engine bay when you turn your key on I believe is the fuel pump. Pressurizing the fuel rail. If you have any doubts about fuel delivery change fuel filter possibly.

russellsmojo
05-01-2016, 08:39 AM
So last 2 trips I've had a problem starting. First time my wife couldn't get her started at the launch ramp. Told her to put it in gear and back to neutral. Then it fired right up. We parked and went to leave and same thing wouldn't start.

I called the dealer and they said cold be something in the throttle & I shouldn't worry about it since it will start after a few tries. Then bring it in when I have time (3hr trip to get boat 3hr trip to drop off boat & 5hr trip back home).

Last trip i was taking the boat off the trailer and it wouldn't kick over for like 5 minutes. I called the dealer and told them. As I was on the phone I left the key in "run" and after a few seconds it turned on by itself. So throughout the day I put the key into "run" & let the display screen boot up then turned it over & it fired up. But if I tried to do it normally (from the off position) it wouldn't start.

Any ideas before I make the truck back to the dealer?

Mine seems to do same thing if I try and start real fast at ramp or after floating. I figured it out that letting moomba screen boot up is the ticket. I never knew why but fuel pump sounds like good reason.

mmandley
05-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Very possibly its software your waiting on, makes since you can't just start it like an older boat.

The new Raptor might be tied into the main display to check all systems before starting.

I know in my new Ram I can jump in and hit the start button but it still takes a few seconds as the dash computer boots up.

I would be concerned about messing with the throttle though. Might need a little adjustment.

BrettLee3232
05-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Yeah but it didn't do it at all last summer???

patrick232
05-02-2016, 06:39 AM
Have you checked the battery connections? Might have loosened over the winter?