PDA

View Full Version : Sticky wakeplate

jtatexc
04-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Just curious, does anyone else's '16 plate not want to deploy sometimes? It happened a few times with me at the end of last season where when we accelerated it didn't auto adjust like it was supposed to and then it wouldnt let me move it up or down while driving. This past Saturday sitting at idle it wouldnt move so I reached my foot under the platform and tried moving it up and down and it seemed to break it free. Anyone else have this issue? I wanted to check here before contacting the dealer who is 2 hours away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

smileycvc
04-27-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm having an issue with my wakeplate as well. I don't know if mine is sticking though. I have to turn the ignition off then turn it back on and it seems to work. It's very annoying when you have a rider and you're trying to adjust the wave or wake for them. You have to stop the boat cycle the ignition and try again.

jtatexc
04-27-2016, 07:24 PM
I'm having an issue with my wakeplate as well. I don't know if mine is sticking though. I have to turn the ignition off then turn it back on and it seems to work. It's very annoying when you have a rider and you're trying to adjust the wave or wake for them. You have to stop the boat cycle the ignition and try again.
Ya I've had luck with the ignition too! I just called the dealer and he said try doing a reset by unhooking the battery for 30 mins and then try again. If that doesn't work he said they will probably need to see it. Yuck

smileycvc
04-27-2016, 08:21 PM
I turn my battery switch off every time we come off the water. That didn't seem to do anything for me. At first it just happened once while we were out. Last time out on the water it happened 3 seperate times. Just another item on my slowly growing list of problems with this boat.

jtatexc
04-27-2016, 08:33 PM
He said to fully take off the cables. I do the switch too but he said unhooking the connection does something else.

smileycvc
04-27-2016, 09:34 PM
I will give it a try

jtatexc
04-27-2016, 10:26 PM
I won't be out for at least another 10 days thanks to craptastic colorado weather so if you try and it works let me know