PDA

View Full Version : New Outback

cobra219
07-06-2006, 10:59 PM
The day's almost here...I'm off tomorrow to pick up my new Outback and I can't frickin' wait! Yehaaaaw! It arrived at the dealer on time and is ready to go so I'm picking it up tomorrow and have the weekend to break it in.

It'll be about a 2 hour boat ride from the dealer, through two connecting lakes, to our cottage so I'm burning cd's as I type for the ride. Tomorrow (and the rest of the weekend) is forecast to be sunny and 30 degrees C so my wife and I plan to spend plenty of time on the water. Summer's officially started...

Dave

CHELAN
07-07-2006, 04:23 PM
CONGRATS ON THE NEW BOAT. CHECK BACK AND LET US KNOW HOW EVERYTHING WAS WITH THE BOAT.

YellowMoomba0
07-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Sounds great, funny how that feeling never goes away.

smokedog2
07-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Dude,

You sure the ice is out that far north?

I hope you got the MP3 CD player. about 100 Jimmy Buffett lasted all weekend.

If you do not like Jimmy, you can always ride the Rinker at my lake. They listen to the head banging stuff.

SD2

cobra219
07-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks for all the comments.

I am now in posession of an '06 Outback! The 2 hr ride on Friday from thge dealer to our cottage was bliss. I've logged over ten hours on her this weekend and had my first pull on the ski. WHAT A BOAT! Damn near tore the rope out of my hands on the first pull. And what a beautiful wake...

Here are a few shots of my baby. The first one at the dealer going into the water for the first time, the the second one earlier today. This is my first attempt at posting an image, so hopefully it'll work using Webshots:

http://community.webshots.com/album/552130407ZzgCWu

Enjoy.

Two questions. During the break-in the temp has been running a little hot (up to 180 degrees). Is this normal? Also, I have the upgraded 325 EFI engine and the Moomba Owners Manual gives a WOT RPM of 4200-4800, and the Inmar Owners Manual give WOT of 4600-5200 RPM. Which is right? My guess is the Inmar OM. With the supplied prop I'm topping out at around 4850. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Dave

Oh and SD2...air temp this weekend 86 degrees...water temp 71. Not bad for the Great White North. As for Jimmy Buffett, currently I've got 181 of his songs on the iPod, and our lake is going to hear alot of him this summer.

JoeTechie
07-11-2006, 02:00 AM
EXCELLENT color choice !

<----- note pic.

:p

Enjoy her.

-Joe

cobra219
07-11-2006, 10:16 AM
The grass is always greener...?

Jimmy B's country/rock/calypso sound gets us northerners through alot of cold winter days.

Dave

Wolf-
07-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Ed G

I am a northerner. I just happen to live in Florida at present.

To keep warm, Van Halen with David Lee Roth would get me movin' more than 'ole parrot head.

Satiation I suppose. During college I lived in a fraternity house and for 3.5 years, 24 hours a day, all I heard was "let's get drunk and screw".

Changes in "Latitude" is more like it.... ;)

cobra219
07-11-2006, 10:19 PM
I was listening to a little David Lee Roth last weekend...some of his solo stuff with Steve Vai. That gets my blood pumping.

Coincidently, it was in college that my roomate (from Winterpark, FLA) who got me into Buffett.

JoeTechie
07-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Even smaller world... I live in Winter Park!

:)

-J

cobra219
07-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I went to Syracuse for two years untill our Canadian dollar made it more economical to finish up north of the border. Great experience though. Rowed freshman year and came second at the nationals (...couldn't tell looking at me 20+ years later!). Our mascot was an ORANGE!...in upstate New York. Go figure.

...back to my two questions a few posts ago. What do you think about the break-in temp and max RPM?

Dave