PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades, upgrades and more upgrades

ghebert1111
04-22-2016, 04:10 PM
Last year around this time I was getting advice on my first ever boat purchase. Well we bought and had a great summer/fall. Then into the basement she went but she kept calling me to come down and play. Of course I couldn't resist so I would head down to the basement to see if she was doing OK and she'd whisper something like, "wouldn't I sound better with new amps" or "tower speakers, I need tower speakers". Well I resisted for awhile but she eventually wore me down. So today I'm getting ready to take her down to the lake tomorrow AM and I started tallying up all the upgrades she whispered for an got:

PreLoved items

WS-420
2 Arc amps
Kicker KM10 sub
900 lb rear ballast bags
650 IBS
2 additional bags, the wife likes goofy

New Items

Rockford Fosgate Tower speakers
2 surfboards
Tollie Twist
Tonka Kahuna

Now how am I going to explain all that to the "she" that lives upstairs?

Anyway, once we get past the shock I'm sure she will be fine and we will have another great summer, me, she and my wife.

jzelt
04-22-2016, 04:39 PM
I would just keep "her" downstairs a secret and see if "she" even notices :). Eventually, I am sure "she" will understand and even enjoy. Explain you did it all for "She's" riding pleasure.

Connolly_Crew
04-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Last year around this time I was getting advice on my first ever boat purchase. Well we bought and had a great summer/fall. Then into the basement she went but she kept calling me to come down and play. Of course I couldn't resist so I would head down to the basement to see if she was doing OK and she'd whisper something like, "wouldn't I sound better with new amps" or "tower speakers, I need tower speakers". Well I resisted for awhile but she eventually wore me down. So today I'm getting ready to take her down to the lake tomorrow AM and I started tallying up all the upgrades she whispered for an got:

PreLoved items

WS-420
2 Arc amps
Kicker KM10 sub
900 lb rear ballast bags
650 IBS
2 additional bags, the wife likes goofy

New Items

Rockford Fosgate Tower speakers
2 surfboards
Tollie Twist
Tonka Kahuna

Now how am I going to explain all that to the "she" that lives upstairs?

Anyway, once we get past the shock I'm sure she will be fine and we will have another great summer, me, she and my wife.

Ha! Good Luck Gil!