PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Bag sizes? 14 Möbius LSV

Price999
04-22-2016, 02:09 PM
Just purchased a 2014 Möbius LSV. Completely stock ballast system that I'd like to upgrade for the optimal surf wake. I called and spoke with Wakemakers and here's what they recommended.

- Replace current rear 650lb lockers with Wakemaker brand 910lb bag each side. They're suggesting this unit as its size perfectly matches the lockers at 45x25x20
- Add 650lb Integrated Bow sac that will come with kit to piggy back plumbing off of center ballast tank.
- all corresponding air release plugs and connectors.

Should I go with this recommendation or does it make sense to fill the rear lockers with 1100lb bag each side and I noticed there was a 750lb integrated bow sac?
I wasn't sure if the 1100's are to large to adequately fit and fill completely up or if I'll have to reinforce the walls?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thx

North Woods Mobius
04-22-2016, 06:20 PM
Just purchased a 2014 Möbius LSV. Completely stock ballast system that I'd like to upgrade for the optimal surf wake. I called and spoke with Wakemakers and here's what they recommended.

- Replace current rear 650lb lockers with Wakemaker brand 910lb bag each side. They're suggesting this unit as its size perfectly matches the lockers at 45x25x20
- Add 650lb Integrated Bow sac that will come with kit to piggy back plumbing off of center ballast tank.
- all corresponding air release plugs and connectors.

Should I go with this recommendation or does it make sense to fill the rear lockers with 1100lb bag each side and I noticed there was a 750lb integrated bow sac?
I wasn't sure if the 1100's are to large to adequately fit and fill completely up or if I'll have to reinforce the walls?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thx

Price999,

I also have a 2014 LSV and upgraded the stock ballast to 900 rears + 500 IBS. I'm EXTREMELY happy with the difference, and would strongly suggest making that move as well. I don't think the 1100's would fit, and based on how my bow seat actually pops up when my IBS is full I'm not sure that the 650 would fit well. I also STRONGLY suggest installing check valves to be able to completely empty these bigger bags, as the check valves let you "raisin" the bags when you empty them. Wakemakers was great to work with, I was very happy with their service! GOod luck, and enjoy the bigger waves!

Price999
04-25-2016, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the info North Woods! How many check valves are needed? I assume just 2, one for each of the rear bags? Can't use a check valve on the IBS since its piggy backed through the hard tank, right? Also, what size valves, 3/4, 1"' or 1 1/8". I see three sizes on Wakemakers.

Thx

North Woods Mobius
04-25-2016, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the info North Woods! How many check valves are needed? I assume just 2, one for each of the rear bags? Can't use a check valve on the IBS since its piggy backed through the hard tank, right? Also, what size valves, 3/4, 1"' or 1 1/8". I see three sizes on Wakemakers.

Thx
Yup, check valves just the 2 for the rear bags. I honestly can't remember which size, and I don't pick up the boat until May 20th, so I can't check for you. But the guys at Wakemakers should be able to tell you on the phone once you specify the boat and model year. Those guys have terrific customer service and were able to get me everything I needed, all the right sizes, and the installation was pretty straightforward. Good luck, and enjoy all the extra ballast, it makes a HUGE difference versus the stock GIII set up. The LSV really loves the bow weight, so the IBS is a MUST!

icemanftr
04-26-2016, 10:36 PM
I run 1100s in my LSV no problem. I also run 650 ibs with no issues. All fly high sacks. 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Woods Mobius
04-26-2016, 11:10 PM
I run 1100s in my LSV no problem. I also run 650 ibs with no issues. All fly high sacks. 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang - With a 650 lbs IBS do you ever had the problem of the bow seats pushing up and the cup holders popping out when full? I have to stop just short of 100% (water flowing out of the starboard outlet) so keep that from happening with my 500 lbs IBS. I assume the legs are longer in the 650...?

icemanftr
04-27-2016, 01:51 AM
Dang - With a 650 lbs IBS do you ever had the problem of the bow seats pushing up and the cup holders popping out when full? I have to stop just short of 100% (water flowing out of the starboard outlet) so keep that from happening with my 500 lbs IBS. I assume the legs are longer in the 650...?

Yes at times if I don't bleed the air out completely they will pop cup holders and front seat a little. But otherwise it isn't much of a concern. I usually have now cushion in place for kids or loungers so I don't worry about cup holders. Fly high sack may be a longer version than your 500 ibs.

One of my best purchases aside from my 1100s and flow surf.