PDA

View Full Version : Low oil pressure

muehlcj
04-18-2016, 05:51 PM
Picked up boat from a long winters rest at the Marina. Boat was purchased new in '13 and all service and winterization has been done at the Marina. Boat ran like a dream from noon until about 4:00 when in the middle of a surf the oil pressure gauge dropped to zero and the check engine light came on. I immediately stopped the boat and shut off. I checked engine compartment/bilge for oil. No noticeable oil in compartment. Checked new filter from fall oil change all good there. Checked engine oil level. All good there. No oil coming out exhaust into lake. No noticeable issues. Fired boat back up and engine sounds great at idle but gauge is still reading zero or very low. The light however did turn off just for a bit but came back on so I shut off boat got a tow in but had to fire up boat to limp last 100’ and when I did all good. Gauge back up to proper pressure.

Thoughts?

wolfeman131
04-18-2016, 07:30 PM
Bad sending unit?
Loose wire?
Boat just messing with you?

jmvotto
04-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Too cold to surf ,

zabooda
04-19-2016, 11:28 AM
I'm assuming common mode failure at the sensor since both the gauge and the computer had simultaneous indication. I would pick the sensor as the bad actor.

jtatexc
04-19-2016, 11:30 AM
What is "proper" pressure on a raptor 400? Our first outing this year I found at idle I was sitting between 30 and 35 psi and when put under load it went up to around 60ish. Is that normal? Too low? Should it fluctuate like that or is it supposed to stay around the 60 mark the entire time ( that's what I thought)
This was using the digital read on the craz and not an analog gauge if it makes a difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jtatexc
04-19-2016, 12:37 PM
Nevermind. Dealer just said 30 at idle and 60 at load is about where it should be

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk