PDA

View Full Version : Nautic Laugic for 2015 MOJO

nitrodude24
04-17-2016, 02:47 AM
I have a Nautic Laugic for 2015 mojo for sale I recently upgraded to a 2015 SG and have no use for the GPS speed converter. I will ship the unit in original box with instructions for 175.00

kaneboats
04-17-2016, 02:49 AM
Go to bed you creeper! (I'm up for my early flight so I have an excuse.)

nitrodude24
04-17-2016, 03:07 AM
I hear ya. Lol gotta unload all the stuff from the old boat to buy stuff for the new boat. Someone on here once said this boatin' stuff is expensive. Lol

nitrodude24
04-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Bump up this is an awesome upgrade takes the guess work out of speed control

moombacraze
04-19-2016, 11:35 PM
Bump up this is an awesome upgrade takes the guess work out of speed control

I'm interested. PM sent.

mmandley
04-20-2016, 10:06 AM
I can say its one of the best cheapest upgrades I did a couple summers ago.

996scott
04-20-2016, 11:50 AM
so is this like Perfect Pass? Can it be put into any older boat?

nitrodude24
04-20-2016, 12:39 PM
I turns moomba cruise or digital pro to gps speed based. It bypasses the paddle wheel and uses gps signal to control speed. With this the only use of the paddle wheel is for lake temp. This particle model is for like 12 up supras and 15 up moomba with supra style paddle wheel. Like mike said one of the best and easiest upgrades you can make to your boat. You can determine if it fits your paddle wheel by the plug launder the tranny cover by the raw water intake. I posted a picture of the plug in the original listing.

JD14Mondo
04-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Just installed this on my mondo. Easy install. First time out Sunday and calibrated with phone GPS app. Works great and very happy with results. This is a good deal for someone!

996scott
04-20-2016, 11:31 PM
so probably won't work on my 07 lsv i'm guessing....

nitrodude24
04-20-2016, 11:55 PM
so probably won't work on my 07 lsv i'm guessing....

I'm sorry Scott this one won't work for you but nautic laugic makes one that will.

trayson
04-21-2016, 12:27 AM
so it sounds like a few of you have done this. and while I know it's not for me because I boat on rivers with current, I'm curious why it's such an 'upgrade' over a paddlewheel? What shortcomings have you experienced with the paddle wheels that make you want to get gps speed control? Are you paddle wheels somehow not performing as you'd like? I've honestly never felt like mine was lacking, so I'm really curious what I'm missing.

beat taco
04-21-2016, 01:23 AM
so it sounds like a few of you have done this. and while I know it's not for me because I boat on rivers with current, I'm curious why it's such an 'upgrade' over a paddlewheel? What shortcomings have you experienced with the paddle wheels that make you want to get gps speed control? Are you paddle wheels somehow not performing as you'd like? I've honestly never felt like mine was lacking, so I'm really curious what I'm missing.
Paddle wheel can be a huge pita. But nothing compared to 6 rev 10's imo

smorris7
04-21-2016, 09:31 AM

Paddle wheels surge and when you surf, surging is bad. I also noticed the when pulling a wakeboarder through a turn it would speed up dramatically. Gps is steady as she goes. No speed fluctuations. Love it and would never go back to paddle wheel.

cpropes2005
04-21-2016, 09:44 AM
Yeah I did this upgrade last year too and it is totally worth it. Like Shane mentioned with the paddle wheel every once in a while it would surge and the boat would speed up enough that you couldn't stay in the pocket while surfing. To be fair I have had paddle wheel systems in previous boats and never noticed it being near as much of a problem as it was on my Mojo. I am not sure if that is because I didn't surf as much back then or if the old style perfect pass system wasn't as sensitive but either way the gps receiver is well worth a couple hundred bucks on a newer Moomba.

This is truly plug and play so you could always unplug it and revert back to the paddle wheel. What would be awesome is if they made a splitter/adapter where you could toggle betweeen gps and paddle wheel from the dash so you could pick paddle wheel for the river and gps for the lakes. Even better, they could make it smart enough to use both signals to automatically detect if the water was moving and then calibrate the gps on the fly to compensate for any current. I am sure the Supras and other high end lines probably already have something like this.

nitrodude24
04-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Trayson it works great on rivers too. We surf rivers and if you feel the need to compensate it's an adjustment of a couple tenths of speed either way. The consistency of speed lack of surging and just the way the boat runs and drives is the best 250.00 I spent on my boat

trayson
04-21-2016, 10:55 AM
But nothing compared to 6 rev 10's imo

LMAO

Yeah I did this upgrade last year too and it is totally worth it. Like Shane mentioned with the paddle wheel every once in a while it would surge and the boat would speed up enough that you couldn't stay in the pocket while surfing. To be fair I have had paddle wheel systems in previous boats and never noticed it being near as much of a problem as it was on my Mojo. I am not sure if that is because I didn't surf as much back then or if the old style perfect pass system wasn't as sensitive but either way the gps receiver is well worth a couple hundred bucks on a newer Moomba.

This is truly plug and play so you could always unplug it and revert back to the paddle wheel. What would be awesome is if they made a splitter/adapter where you could toggle betweeen gps and paddle wheel from the dash so you could pick paddle wheel for the river and gps for the lakes. Even better, they could make it smart enough to use both signals to automatically detect if the water was moving and then calibrate the gps on the fly to compensate for any current. I am sure the Supras and other high end lines probably already have something like this.

Now that I could get behind!

Trayson it works great on rivers too. We surf rivers and if you feel the need to compensate it's an adjustment of a couple tenths of speed either way. The consistency of speed lack of surging and just the way the boat runs and drives is the best 250.00 I spent on my boat

I had the opposite experience. When surfing on a river, we were driving my buddy's F23 and it had PP stargazer GPS speed control. When going upstream, we had to have the speed set at 12 or 13 and upsteam it was like 7-8mph. that's a huge variation to have to change depending on whether we were pulling up or down. Having to change your speed setting depending on which way we headed was a hassle as a driver. And I remember when I got to a point where I was trying to go from downstream to upstream without stopping, I couldn't change the speed setting on the PP fast enough to compensate for the difference. Right now our river is flowing at about 2.5mph and that's more than a couple tenths.

nitrodude24
04-21-2016, 11:08 AM
LMAO

Now that I could get behind!

I had the opposite experience. When surfing on a river, we were driving my buddy's F23 and it had PP stargazer GPS speed control. When going upstream, we had to have the speed set at 12 or 13 and upsteam it was like 7-8mph. that's a huge variation to have to change depending on whether we were pulling up or down. Having to change your speed setting depending on which way we headed was a hassle as a driver. And I remember when I got to a point where I was trying to go from downstream to upstream without stopping, I couldn't change the speed setting on the PP fast enough to compensate for the difference. Right now our river is flowing at about 2.5mph and that's more than a couple tenths.

Our rivers current isn't that fast. They are dammed but we are 15-20 miles above the dam. Ours has never been above a .5 mph

trayson
04-21-2016, 11:17 AM
Our rivers current isn't that fast. They are dammed but we are 15-20 miles above the dam. Ours has never been above a .5 mph

That makes more sense. Yeah, if I didn't have swings like we do, I'd probably appreciate the accuracy more. :-)

We're 40 miles downstream from the nearest dam. But I can't complain too much--I work for the electric company and our damns are the reason we have cheap power in the PNW.

jmbushey
06-23-2016, 08:25 AM
Do you still have this unit? I get a lot of surging when it is choppy it sounds like this would help with that?

I have a Nautic Laugic for 2015 mojo for sale I recently upgraded to a 2015 SG and have no use for the GPS speed converter. I will ship the unit in original box with instructions for 175.00

nitrodude24
06-23-2016, 11:36 AM
no it sold visit nauticlaugic.com

zabooda
06-23-2016, 07:42 PM
You would think they would have a river offset calibration feature that would take into account the river flow at any particular time. Let the boat float for a couple of minutes and run calibration then it would then know river speed and direction, It wouldn't be perfect but close enough for that location and at that time. Just calibrate between sets. Hmmmmmmmmmm.