PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a '15 Supra SE??

blackcup
04-14-2016, 01:16 AM
Local dealer just sent me over the price on his 2015 SE450 that has 50 hours on it. I'm in Canada and he is asking 129K ... which for you lucky Americans is $99,980USD. Just a month or two ago that would have been closer to 90,000KUSD. Sounds like a damn good deal to me. Anytime the dollar hits 1.3 or higher all the Americans start gobbling up all the lakefront properties here. Its like a 30% discount for free. I wonder if the same happens with boats?

Anyways if anyone is looking and doesn't mind going through the hassles of bringing it across you could save a nice chunk of coin.

The SE is my dream boat ... maybe someday.

MJHSupra
04-15-2016, 10:55 PM
Local dealer just sent me over the price on his 2015 SE450 that has 50 hours on it. I'm in Canada and he is asking 129K ... which for you lucky Americans is $99,980USD. Just a month or two ago that would have been closer to 90,000KUSD. Sounds like a damn good deal to me. Anytime the dollar hits 1.3 or higher all the Americans start gobbling up all the lakefront properties here. Its like a 30% discount for free. I wonder if the same happens with boats?

Anyways if anyone is looking and doesn't mind going through the hassles of bringing it across you could save a nice chunk of coin.

The SE is my dream boat ... maybe someday.

Just curious, if you know, how do taxes and/or fees work on a boat when purchasing by a US person from CA?
There is a SE450 in MN on the net for low $90s - 75 hours. Others are closer to $99+. Demo boats.

blackcup
04-16-2016, 12:27 AM
Ahhh OK so right around the same price then. I have been in this one before ... it was a demo boat w/ 50 hours.

Not sure how it all works to be honest. My knowledge is that if the address is outside of Canada then no sales tax is charged ... at least that is how it is with our business when we bill US$

kaneboats
04-16-2016, 08:21 AM
Ha ha ha. Till you get it back to Florida and have to pay the "impact" fee.

blackcup
04-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Ha ha ha. Till you get it back to Florida and have to pay the "impact" fee.

Oh yah Im sure ... I meant no sales tax was charged at point of purchase ... but Im sure you def have to pay it somewhere!!