PDA

View Full Version : Doomswell Neo

greenmachine13
04-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Hey everyone was just looking for some input on a new board. I currently ride a phase 5 model x and it is a great board but feel pretty limited to what you can do on it. I am looking for a board that i can advance my riding on . I was looking at soul craft boards and they are really appealing but there price tag is very high especially in Canada. Leaning towards a Doomswell Neo . Anyone that rides one have any input on them and would the 4'8' board be big enough for 6'4'' 225lb rider ? Any other board suggestions or information would be appreciated ! Thanks in advance

wolfeman131
04-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Give the guys at Doomswell as call as they are great to work with and will get you what you need.

You're really switching up from a skim-based board to a true surf-style board. Should make for a fun summer!

trayson
04-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Yeah, call Brock. I'd imagine if you have a good enough wave and enough skill that you might be able to pull off the 4'8. However, for comparison I ride a 4'6" Doomswell Nubstep and I'm 5'10 and 165-170. Some of the bigger riders have struggled on my board, but their skill level isn't likely what yours is.

muehlcj
04-18-2016, 07:57 PM
Doomswell guys are cool. Give them a call. They can change things outer then length to add volume and or surface area.

Talk to Jeff at soulcraft also. Prices aren't that far off. Jeff makes some great boards.

Chaos
04-19-2016, 03:41 PM
The neo, the SC-HP, the Chaos Contender and Pocket Rocket are all very similar boards. These are surf-style boards geared more towards performance and specifically aerial performance. Coming from a skim background, you might consider looking at boards that tend to float more towards hybrids, like a Chaos (http://chaossurfco.com/wakesurfboards/) Racer X, Ringer, or potentially a Sixer; doomswell nubstep or similar sc. At your height and weight, you will want to go with a 4'8" some models or generally wider, thicker models you might be able to get away with a 4'6".

Nick

Northstarhi
04-20-2016, 09:20 PM
I'm certainly leaning towards the Doomswell
But, anyone on here ride one of these or heard anything about these guys

http://www.shortbusskims.com/elite-chubbernaut-wake-surfer/

I just think it would be funny to say I ride a "Short Bus" since I have been accused of it a lot.

greenmachine13
05-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Sorry to start up an old thread , However i could use some more help with picking out doomswell. Was originally thinking the Neo would be the best board for me as it is more as a surf style board. On the doomswell website the Nubstep was listed as hybrid syle board and i was turn away from that as riding my phase 5 skim/surf hybrid It wasnt a very advance board and found I could not move the board that well. However I see most guys are using the nubstep Have you rode both boards and would you be able to tell me the difference between them and how the both ride compared to eachother ?

jmvotto
05-04-2016, 09:22 PM
The neo and the drone are really surf style, you can break then loose for spins as well. Night and day with the model X. I have the X as well as the drone and surfed the neo .

greenmachine13
05-05-2016, 01:56 AM
Do you like the drone more then the neo ?

jmvotto
05-05-2016, 09:39 AM
yes, I bought the drone over the neo

Flee27
05-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Please expand on why