PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Craz owners.

Pages : [1] 2

BrokeGuy
04-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Since a few of us on the forum. Either have a craz or one coming. I figured it might be a good idea to combine all experiences into one thread. That way we can bounce ideas, plans, upgrades, setups etc. This should help all current and future Craz owners.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mattsask
04-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Great plan! I had thought about starting a thread like this, but was hesitant being the new guy.

DFTR Josh
04-05-2016, 12:02 AM
I can't stop talking about this new Craz and haven't even filled the ballast yet. HUGE step up from the MB I owned. Can't wait to see and hear about everybody's new toys.

CRAZy440
04-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Can't wait till I can actually get good weather to make the 6 hour round trip drive and pick our baby. Suppose to be 70+ this weekend in Pueblo so I think this will be the weekend! The dealer is gonna take us out for a few hours and teach us everything about the Craz and also teach us how to surf a little bit. So excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRAZy440
04-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Btw this thread is a really good idea! So many new Craz'.

cfdrews12
04-06-2016, 04:47 PM
So sorry for tagging on this thread as a Moomba Outback owner, but my buddy just purchased a Craz and has all but 3.7 hours on it so far. We were out this weekend checking out all the bells and whistles and ran into a couple of snags that I would alert you to cover in your "dealer turnover" discussion.
1) Make sure you check the digital calibration of the speed. My buddies is 3-4 mph off which became a huge deal when he was testing his wake for surfing. Going what we thought was 10.2 miles an hour was really in the 7 mph range, which didn't begin to even throw a wake, no matter how much ballast or surf/wake plate playing could accomplish.
2) Ensure they cover how you recalibrate your speed, and get that set on your boat. Seems like many of us rely more on the digital than the analog settings, especially because we constantly use cruise control. (We have yet to find out how to do this).
3) Ensure they cover how to reset your auto surf control to different percentages both starboard and Port to the wake of your liking. Example, higher the percentage the longer the wake, the lower, the higher and more push. (lots of good threads on this community site talking about good setup configs including wake plate, sure control, ballast fill percentages, etc. but you'll need to know where in the menu system this is done)
4) Ensure you cover the little things to save you a trip back to the dealer. For example, buddies boat had both wakeboard racks installed differently. One had lock knob up, one down. Those details need to be specific and correct before they hand you the key and shake your hand.

All in all very impressed with the fit/finish/fun of the boat. Need to start saving my $$$. Hope this is helpful.

mmandley
04-06-2016, 05:15 PM
I saw a post on here this am asking about to calibrate the speed control, and I just don;t know the exact path on the newer boats.

I know on mine, you hold the Menu button for 3 seconds, then you select something, Ballast, Diagnostics, something comes to mind, you select it with the arrows and Menu again and you get the option to calibrate speed. You just adjust your speed up or down according to what it should be.

Like I said I can't quite recall off the top of my head, I just know it when I see it. I had to do the same with my Mojo.

DFTR Josh
04-06-2016, 06:01 PM
^^ Great info by everybody, thanks guys! ^^ We have SAT & SUN forecast for rain, Craz might just sit this weekend. Still need to really detail it from the Lake Powell trip and over 12 hours of towing.
Anybody thinking about trailer options look into the quad breaks, so worth it! Back steps are also a plus, just a little expensive.

CRAZy440
04-06-2016, 07:05 PM
So sorry for tagging on this thread as a Moomba Outback owner, but my buddy just purchased a Craz and has all but 3.7 hours on it so far. We were out this weekend checking out all the bells and whistles and ran into a couple of snags that I would alert you to cover in your "dealer turnover" discussion.
1) Make sure you check the digital calibration of the speed. My buddies is 3-4 mph off which became a huge deal when he was testing his wake for surfing. Going what we thought was 10.2 miles an hour was really in the 7 mph range, which didn't begin to even throw a wake, no matter how much ballast or surf/wake plate playing could accomplish.
2) Ensure they cover how you recalibrate your speed, and get that set on your boat. Seems like many of us rely more on the digital than the analog settings, especially because we constantly use cruise control. (We have yet to find out how to do this).
3) Ensure they cover how to reset your auto surf control to different percentages both starboard and Port to the wake of your liking. Example, higher the percentage the longer the wake, the lower, the higher and more push. (lots of good threads on this community site talking about good setup configs including wake plate, sure control, ballast fill percentages, etc. but you'll need to know where in the menu system this is done)
4) Ensure you cover the little things to save you a trip back to the dealer. For example, buddies boat had both wakeboard racks installed differently. One had lock knob up, one down. Those details need to be specific and correct before they hand you the key and shake your hand.

All in all very impressed with the fit/finish/fun of the boat. Need to start saving my $$$. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for the heads up to everyone! Wonder if the Natiques' are harder to program. They have many more items to set up. lol

The fact that you have to tell people is crazy to me...Dealers better be doing this stuff anyway, with everyone! Our dealer already calibrated the speed on our test drive. Showed us how to do the speed control. Showed us how to change the surf system parameters while moving to see the change in the wake. He did all of this to accurately show us the wave the boat put out for Surf/board/ski. How do you make a decision on a boat without seeing these things accurately? They also explained the auto wake plate takeoff compensation, which was a question a few weeks back. These boats are not so easy to work that anyone can do it without guidance. Some need more than others. There is a lot to use and if you don't know how you wont be able to use it properly. Its annoying that they wouldn't just have a check list of items to "teach" a customer. This weekend for delivery, they will show us all of this again with me at the helm and also my wife. They do this with every purchase. When we upgrade in 4 or 5 years, I will be buying a Supra from them as well. I just don't understand the business practice of some of these dealers. Geesh. :)

Anyway, not going to derail this thread, cuz its gonna be awesome, but I just got worked up a bit. Moving on! lol

DFTR Josh
04-06-2016, 07:11 PM
They also explained the auto wake plate takeoff compensation, which was a question a few weeks back.
I'm 100% confident how the plate works now, LOL!

KG's Supra24
04-06-2016, 07:28 PM
I'm guessing by cfdrews locations he bought it from a dealer that knows next to nothing about inboards and are likely the source of his issues.

I hope to be around Ouachita a lot if you and your buddy find yourselves down there, cfdrews

jtatexc
04-06-2016, 08:43 PM
When we did our first ride in our craz last August our speedo was off. It's a really simple process to adjust. You go in the vessel settings and and there is an adjustment in there. You just use a GPS to dial it in, takes less than 5 minutes to get as close as you'll need it. Also if memory serves me right I think there is a setting in the menu that you can reset factory settings for the surf tabs and ?maybe ballast setting? I won't be touching those as it took me a few to get my bags dialed in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BrokeGuy
04-07-2016, 09:33 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160408/8eda2535d77f548597aeef3b780118f5.jpg UPS will be dropping off rock tamers for me tomorrow. IMO rock tamers are a must have on our new craz.

mmandley
04-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Picked them up a couple months ago they are sweet

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/Silver%20Bullet/20160306_162123_zpsentzuiii.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/Silver%20Bullet/20160306_162123_zpsentzuiii.jpg.html)

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/Silver%20Bullet/20160306_162106_zpswuykd5dk.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/Silver%20Bullet/20160306_162106_zpswuykd5dk.jpg.html)

cfdrews12
04-07-2016, 11:42 PM
Thanks all for the info, really helpful. Lots of knowledgeable folks on this thread. Diamond Lakes Water sports in Hot Springs AR shut down or sold out to a new dealership that is giving it a go. Good folks all in all, but to the observation of many on this thread probably need to polish and build a list of all the things you should make sure a driver knows when spending this kind of money knowing they are wanting dialed in solutions for boarding, surfing, skiing, etc. 62 degrees when the kids got into the water last Sunday, but they were jacked to start the season on Friends new Craz. If you have never been to lake Ouachita to ride and camp, put it on the bucket list for anyone within a 12 hour drive. Excellent very clean lake with lots of fingers and coves for glass lovers. Thanks for instructions, we'll get this deal figured out with your help and report back the news or our own tips.

CRAZy440
04-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Oh man I should have gotten those Rock Tamers before this weekend when I have to pull her 3 hours on the highway that is probably still filled with rocks from winter! Shoot! Oh well. I will be buying them ASAP though for all other drives. I do have some small factory flaps but they aren't like those!

smorris7
04-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Thanks all for the info, really helpful. Lots of knowledgeable folks on this thread. Diamond Lakes Water sports in Hot Springs AR shut down or sold out to a new dealership that is giving it a go. Good folks all in all, but to the observation of many on this thread probably need to polish and build a list of all the things you should make sure a driver knows when spending this kind of money knowing they are wanting dialed in solutions for boarding, surfing, skiing, etc. 62 degrees when the kids got into the water last Sunday, but they were jacked to start the season on Friends new Craz. If you have never been to lake Ouachita to ride and camp, put it on the bucket list for anyone within a 12 hour drive. Excellent very clean lake with lots of fingers and coves for glass lovers. Thanks for instructions, we'll get this deal figured out with your help and report back the news or our own tips.

My favorite lake of all time. Try to get up there 2 or 3 times a summer. In fact coming up in early June to Mountain Harbor!

KG's Supra24
04-08-2016, 02:57 PM
You are going to like that change of location Shane. Let me know when and I'll return the pulls you gave me and hopefully bring the family out this time.

Agree the new guys in hot springs are great and giving it a go but they have a little bit to learn. They seem to be treating everyone fairly though.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

smorris7
04-08-2016, 03:05 PM
You are going to like that change of location Shane. Let me know when and I'll return the pulls you gave me and hopefully bring the family out this time.

Agree the new guys in hot springs are great and giving it a go but they have a little bit to learn. They seem to be treating everyone fairly though.

Will do KG. We have actually come back up a few times and stayed at Mountain Harbor. Great location! Great resort.

CRAZy440
04-11-2016, 11:53 PM
Welp I finally got it! Weather was good enough to even throw on a dry suit and learn to surf. Got up first time, couldn't believe it!The dealer actually through in a set of 900# rears for free! (I have the original stocks for sale now.)The dealer owners are very nice people! It was a great day. Some Photos here:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160412/adfc9de81837e8a043b452fb3e20d110.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160412/ce9a214cca143db6c11c653b3d95c719.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160412/04a1ec0dac45c2870588a1a917c5c796.jpg

smileycvc
04-14-2016, 05:28 PM
We have about 14 hours on our craz now. We upgraded from a 2007 möbius and so far we are pretty happy. It is the surf edition with the bow bag and 2.0 system.

Pros:
The wake is great
The automatic ballast system is great
The boat is super roomy

Cons:
I already found a small slice in a cushion. I have no idea if it was from the dealer and I just missed it at delivery or we caused it.
Around 8 hours the boat started making a thumping noise that has yet to be diagnosed and pretty much kept us off the boat until we can figure it out.
The silicon seal that's under the rub rail started coming out when I was drying the boat after an initial wash.
One of the rotors on our trailer is already trashed. I don't know if it was super bad luck with rock or something wasn't right from the factory. We only towed it home from the dealer, 30 miles, and back and fourth to our local lake a couple time. Maybe 2 miles?

I might just be a really unlucky boat owner but overall we do really like the boat. A quick question about the stock ballast. Is it a pair of 750 lbs bags in the rear locker, 500 in the center tank, and 500 in the bow? For some reason I have been having a hard time finding this info.

jtatexc
04-14-2016, 09:50 PM
We have about 14 hours on our craz now. We upgraded from a 2007 möbius and so far we are pretty happy. It is the surf edition with the bow bag and 2.0 system.

Pros:
The wake is great
The boat is super roomy

Cons:
I already found a small slice in a cushion. I have no idea if it was from the dealer and I just missed it at delivery or we caused it.
Around 8 hours the boat started making a thumping noise that has yet to be diagnosed and pretty much kept us off the boat until we can figure it out.
The silicon seal that's under the rub rail started coming out when I was drying the boat after an initial wash.
One of the rotors on our trailer is already trashed. I don't know if it was super bad luck with rock or something wasn't right from the factory. We only towed it home from the dealer, 30 miles, and back and fourth to our local lake a couple time. Maybe 2 miles?

I might just be a really unlucky boat owner but overall we do really like the boat. A quick question about the stock ballast. Is it a pair of 750 lbs bags in the rear locker, 500 in the center tank, and 500 in the bow? For some reason I have been having a hard time finding this info.
Yes, 750s in each rear, 500 floor and 500 ibs. I went with 1100s in rear and very happy. HUGE difference with the surf!

KG's Supra24
04-14-2016, 09:59 PM
That is incorrect information on the factory ballast setup.

650's in the rear. 700 belly tank. 500 IBS.

Good luck talking to boatmate. They have been touting a new 5 year warranty, though.

Congrats on the new ride! Hopefully you can get the few cons figured out.

BrokeGuy
04-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Can someone provide me a link to the 1100 bags. Also is the price for one or 2 bags?

jtatexc
04-14-2016, 10:22 PM
That is incorrect information on the factory ballast setup.

650's in the rear. 700 belly tank. 500 IBS.

Good luck talking to boatmate. They have been touting a new 5 year warranty, though.

Congrats on the new ride! Hopefully you can get the few cons figured out.
You may be right but i wonder why there is different specs being told from dealers. 3 other craz owners were told same as me from the dealer that it was 750x2/500/500. Makes minimal differnce to me on the rear since i have since swapped them just not sure what info these dealers were given

KG's Supra24
04-14-2016, 10:24 PM
I'd guess the dealers made an assumption ... the same one I would have made since 750 bags are readily available and one of the most popular bags.

I'd also imagine it's a task to educate dealers.

jtatexc
04-14-2016, 10:25 PM
Can someone provide me a link to the 1100 bags. Also is the price for one or 2 bags?

Mine are the fly high bags from wakemakers. They had all the fittings and everything and had them to me super quick. I was pleased. Sold my stock bags quick on craigslist too so it was a pretty cheap upgrade

jtatexc
04-14-2016, 10:27 PM
I'd guess the dealers made an assumption ... the same one I would have made since 750 bags are readily available and one of the most popular bags.

I'd also imagine it's a task to educate dealers.
Thats fair. My dumbass is already playing with how to add more anyways so its all good :)
650 or 750 in there wasnt enough regardless haha

jtatexc
04-14-2016, 10:30 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160415/16c404a5b691d252dda562d8500d8e19.jpg
Well there ya go. :)
Good idea on what they should sell for too...

mattsask
04-14-2016, 10:43 PM

Pros:
The wake is great
The boat is super roomy

Cons:

I was told the same thing as jtatexc by my dealer, but they were actually incorrect. I contacted my regional sales rep who confirmed that the stock belly tank is 700 and the rears are 650.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

jtatexc
04-14-2016, 10:51 PM
I was told the same thing as jtatexc by my dealer, but they were actually incorrect. I contacted my regional sales rep who confirmed that the stock belly tank is 700 and the rears are 650.

Makes sense even more why such the dramatic change with the 1100 upgrades. 200 extra in the belly is nice too

jtatexc
04-14-2016, 10:58 PM
Anyone play with a bigger ibs yet on the craz? I swear i couldnt fit the bigger one that some were mentioning. Ill have a lake report on the new prop next weekend on the 22nd. Excited to see how it performs sacked out.

mattsask
04-14-2016, 11:01 PM
Makes sense even more why such the dramatic change with the 1100 upgrades. 200 extra in the belly is nice too

Haha ya, an extra 900 lbs in trunk is a pretty good chunk of weight! I'm glad I followed your advice on the upgrade. I can barely wait to get this thing in the water.

smileycvc
04-15-2016, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the clarification guys. So those of you running the 1000+ bags in the rear is the ibs and tank enough to keep the wave a decent length or do you need more weight up front?

jtatexc
04-15-2016, 08:01 AM
I was happy with my length. Adjusting the center tab on that works wonders. Still have to play a little bit the the flowsurf settings this season to get them fully dialed in. I was too impatient last year and just wanted to ride :)

kaneboats
04-15-2016, 08:17 AM
I was happy with my length. . . . just wanted to ride :)

Nah, too easy.

jtatexc
04-15-2016, 08:22 AM
Nah, too easy.
Haha...that just made my morning! Kudos

CRAZy440
04-15-2016, 11:41 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160415/16c404a5b691d252dda562d8500d8e19.jpg
Well there ya go. :)
Good idea on what they should sell for too...

Oh man I gotta get mine out for sale! The 900# bags made a big difference with one less person in the boat from our test drive with 650#. I may upgrade to 1100 someday. For now though I got enough push as a beginner. Prolly out grow the 900# this summer.

CRAZy440
04-15-2016, 11:46 AM
Anyone play with a bigger ibs yet on the craz? I swear i couldnt fit the bigger one that some were mentioning. Ill have a lake report on the new prop next weekend on the 22nd. Excited to see how it performs sacked out.

What prop do you have now?

smileycvc
04-15-2016, 12:00 PM
What prop do you have now?

Stock prop

jtatexc
04-15-2016, 02:15 PM
I put the acme 2419 on end of last season at winterization. Havent had a chance to sac out and ride with it yet. The stock one was struggling with wakeboard speeds pretty bad and i wanted some more punch for holeshot. I literally never play with top end on the boat

07STI
04-15-2016, 02:17 PM
I have the 750 up front in mine. I can't fill it 100%, but I'd say around 90%.

Unfortunately, I didn't find a "perfect" combo last summer/early fall for surfing.

jtatexc
04-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Good to know. I dont think im gonna mess with the bigger bag just yet unless i find adding a person up front makes a notable difference. By the end of season i had it dialed in pretty good. How many hours were you able to put last year? We got about 40 from early august to start of october

07STI
04-15-2016, 02:43 PM
We had about 20 hours total. After break-in, I'd say we had around 3 hours total surfing. I spent about an hour of that surfing and the driver would have had no idea how to make adjustments. My wife was able to ride ropeless for a while, but no one else. Just couldn't get the push I needed...Can't wait to get back out this Spring/Summer!

07STI
04-15-2016, 02:55 PM
Looking forward to a report on the 2419 prop. I was looking at the 2079, which is likely what I'll purchase/install this week.

jtatexc
04-15-2016, 03:20 PM
Ill let ya know!

DFTR Josh
04-15-2016, 05:03 PM
Looking forward to a report on the 2419 prop. I was looking at the 2079, which is likely what I'll purchase/install this week
You guys switching props even after using the 15"x13?

jtatexc
04-15-2016, 08:28 PM
You guys switching props even after using the 15"x13?
Yup. 1100s in rears at elevation, wasn't enough for me.

CRAZy440
04-15-2016, 08:58 PM
Yup. 1100s in rears at elevation, wasn't enough for me.

Do you have the 400 or 440?

jtatexc
04-15-2016, 08:58 PM

CRAZy440
04-15-2016, 09:38 PM
Ok wonder if my current prop will be ok with the 440. Hope so. Spent the money on it for some reason! Ha

jtatexc
04-15-2016, 09:46 PM
From what i understand if running that much weight at elevation the prop for holeshot is as important getting on plane as the motor when it comes to the difference between the 400/440. Going through build i asked specifically about that and they sold me on keeping the 400 and doing a prop swap if needed. Truth be told i would have been fine with the old prop but knowing there was a better option made me have to have it

jtatexc
04-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Im sure youll be just fine. Im just that guy :)

Connolly_Crew
04-16-2016, 07:37 AM

Pros:
The wake is great
The boat is super roomy

Cons:

The thumping noise is the wake plate/ auto flow 2.0. There is an easy fix, have your dealer call sc. SC knows about the play in the system and will send the 2 dollar grommet to fix if they know about it. They are fixing sold owner boats before dealer inventory.

jdcontango
04-16-2016, 10:12 AM
Are you guys with 2016 Craz's w/ Aviator 2 towers able to back them through 8' high garage door openings with tower folded down on 14" wheels ?

jtatexc
04-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Are you guys with 2016 Craz's w/ Aviator 2 towers able to back them through 8' high garage door openings with tower folded down on 14" wheels ?
If you take the the tension cables off yes. If not it is 8'5-8'6". My cables are off and im fine with it. I could really care about the lift and drop assist if it means the difference of getting it in my door. I have about 1/4 to 1/2" to spare getting in my 8' door with cables off

smileycvc
04-16-2016, 01:00 PM
The thumping noise is the wake plate/ auto flow 2.0. There is an easy fix, have your dealer call sc. SC knows about the play in the system and will send the 2 dollar grommet to fix if they know about it. They are fixing sold owner boats before dealer inventory.

Are you saying the actual plates have play and are causing the noise? We checked this by holding the plates in place and it didn't seem to help. I will try it again when I take the boat out next.

Connolly_Crew
04-16-2016, 01:18 PM
When the Craz was first released this was an issue. The fix is easy, yes the plates may have play. If they have a little wiggle the this is the issue most likely. It is an issue with the new wake plate and autoflow2 but the fix is super simple if they have not corrected at Skiers yet.

BrokeGuy
04-17-2016, 07:19 PM
Alright guys I just got back from a trip to surf. Needless to say I need help. I'm 210 pounds riding a 5 3 liquid force fish. For the life of me I had no push. Tension on the rope constantly. What am I missing here. I was completely full wake plate all over the place. Also took the rear bags down to half way still no push. Also I am very new to this surfing think like this was my first time.

KG's Supra24
04-17-2016, 07:22 PM
Weight towards front of the board until you nose dive it?

07STI
04-17-2016, 07:39 PM
Alright guys I just got back from a trip to surf. Needless to say I need help. I'm 210 pounds riding a 5 3 liquid force fish. For the life of me I had no push. Tension on the rope constantly. What am I missing here. I was completely full wake plate all over the place. Also took the rear bags down to half way still no push. Also I am very new to this surfing think like this was my first time.

Did you read this - https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?26954-Autoflow-2-0-settings

I don't have great advice...still trying to work out my Craz. Don't have much testing time on it yet.

BrokeGuy
04-17-2016, 07:48 PM
Weight towards front of the board until you nose dive it?
I did that until the noise went under.

Dandy21
04-17-2016, 09:48 PM
Typically speaking you need to place your toes at the edge of the board, so that the board can "dig" into the wave. You also need to be in a slight stance with your weight shifted forward towards the boat. Weight towards the boat = go, shift weight back acts as your breaks.

I am not familiar with your boat so I am no help with setup. If you are new to the sport, see if you have a pro/semi-pro rider that you can lay to go out with you in your boat. They can help with boat set up and rider pointers. We have a few dealers around us that offer this service. It's not cheap, but a couple to 4 hours spent with someone with experience will save ALOT of headaches. Some shops mat even offer a partial credit back towards gear.

Sounds like you have a decent rig to through the wave just have to fine tune it and your technique some and you should be off to a great season.

smileycvc
04-17-2016, 11:41 PM
WARNING LONG POST AHEAD!!!

Well today may have been the last straw. I get the Moomba is the cheaper boat, but the fit and finish on my craz is awful. The biggest issue so far was a loud clunking noise. Its not the wake or auto flow plates. So far I have not been able to track it down, but my dealer said they will take care of it at the break in service. He came out on the boat doesn't think its anything vital. So today I thought I would take my floor panel off and see if I could track it down. Well a few of the screws that hold the floor down are completely stripped out. Awesome.

Next I decided I'm going to fill my ballast tanks up and calibrate all the timers. Easy enough right? The bow sack is filling and suddenly I hear a rushing water. There was no water coming out of the side of the boat. I shut the ballast pump off and look around. I can see water on the bow carpet and under the bag. I open the door for the center plug and there is standing water in there too. So I decide to drain the ballast to get a better look. After poking around I found that the vent/overflow hose was never connected. It was just venting right into the bow. It was around this time I also realized my bilge pump doesn't work. Luckily I am not an idiot and turned my ballast pump off. Had I been running the motor or had music playing I wouldn't have heard the water and could have possibly sunk my boat.

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/wrxtasy02/IMG_2308-2_zpsvzdazobn.jpg
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/wrxtasy02/IMG_2310-2_zpsplpw8gzo.jpg

The seal around my rub rail is starting to come out. I first noticed this when I was drying the boat off. It's now getting worse this is just the picture I sent to my dealer.

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/wrxtasy02/IMG_2268_zpsdgvmon8s.jpg

When the tower is moved up and down it rubs, so now some of the paint is completely removed. There are a couple other little things, but I really didn't expect this many issues. I have an issue with one of the trailer brakes and I have a slice in a cushion. Those could be bad luck, but at this point who knows. I wouldn't buy another new Moomba and I certainly wouldn't recommend one to a friend. It has been a really disappointing experience so far and I only have 14 hours. Every time we take the boat out I wonder whats going to be next. My 2007 Mobius never had an issue.

CRAZy440
04-18-2016, 12:36 AM
Man I feel bad for your situation. What are your options? What are you going to do? When was yours built?

smileycvc
04-18-2016, 12:38 AM
Man I feel bad for your situation. What are your options? What are you going to do? When was yours built?

Currently I'm working with my dealer to get things sorted out. As I understand it he is communicating with skiers choice. I will make sure it's all taken car of but for 60k+ I shouldn't have to deal with these issues. It just means more time off the lake and more headaches.

KG's Supra24
04-18-2016, 12:47 AM
Fingers crossed it's bad luck and they can get it straightened out. This is where a great dealer shines. Hopefully they are able to get the issues resolved quickly as I can understand the frustration with down time.

BrokeGuy
04-18-2016, 06:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your boat. Mine has been awesome so far. Only thing I have is a rattle at idle speed from the speaker box. All it needed was some backing.

jtatexc
04-18-2016, 07:18 AM

Well today may have been the last straw. I get the Moomba is the cheaper boat, but the fit and finish on my craz is awful. The biggest issue so far was a loud clunking noise. Its not the wake or auto flow plates. So far I have not been able to track it down, but my dealer said they will take care of it at the break in service. He came out on the boat doesn't think its anything vital. So today I thought I would take my floor panel off and see if I could track it down. Well a few of the screws that hold the floor down are completely stripped out. Awesome.

Next I decided I'm going to fill my ballast tanks up and calibrate all the timers. Easy enough right? The bow sack is filling and suddenly I hear a rushing water. There was no water coming out of the side of the boat. I shut the ballast pump off and look around. I can see water on the bow carpet and under the bag. I open the door for the center plug and there is standing water in there too. So I decide to drain the ballast to get a better look. After poking around I found that the vent/overflow hose was never connected. It was just venting right into the bow. It was around this time I also realized my bilge pump doesn't work. Luckily I am not an idiot and turned my ballast pump off. Had I been running the motor or had music playing I wouldn't have heard the water and could have possibly sunk my boat.

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/wrxtasy02/IMG_2308-2_zpsvzdazobn.jpg
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/wrxtasy02/IMG_2310-2_zpsplpw8gzo.jpg

The seal around my rub rail is starting to come out. I first noticed this when I was drying the boat off. It's now getting worse this is just the picture I sent to my dealer.

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/wrxtasy02/IMG_2268_zpsdgvmon8s.jpg

When the tower is moved up and down it rubs, so now some of the paint is completely removed. There are a couple other little things, but I really didn't expect this many issues. I have an issue with one of the trailer brakes and I have a slice in a cushion. Those could be bad luck, but at this point who knows. I wouldn't buy another new Moomba and I certainly wouldn't recommend one to a friend. It has been a really disappointing experience so far and I only have 14 hours. Every time we take the boat out I wonder whats going to be next. My 2007 Mobius never had an issue.
Seems to be that the ballast and bilge thing should have been part of the dealer quality inspection, no? When my dealer gets boats they take them out and go through those exact things to make sure everything is working and dialed in as it should be. Then the day of delivery they take you out and run through it all again just to be safe. I couldn't imagine leaving not having done that. Sorry to hear man. Crossing my fingers we dont run into any issue of this nature but 40 hours in and the only issue we had was one of the red clips on a front ibs came loose and dumped some water but i found that was more my mistake for not regularly checking them as i was supposed to.

07STI
04-18-2016, 07:34 AM
smileycvc - Sorry to hear about your issues and I understand your frustration. Every new boat is going to have a few small things. However, a disconnected overflow/vent line and bilge pump that doesn't work is not acceptable. I'm surprised your dealer didn't catch those as part of their dealer prep (and corresponding fee you paid for). If I were in your shoes, I'd take the boat to my dealer and ask them to go through the boat in detail. Take the time to find all the issues and get them taken care of.

Good luck and keep us posted.

DFTR Josh
04-18-2016, 10:51 AM
That's a bummer having to deal with these issues and down time. Hope your dealer steps up and changes your mind on buying new again. Thanks for the post, just a few things we all can double check. Pretty sure Skiers Choice will see this and help you through the process.

Dandy21
04-18-2016, 11:07 AM

Sorry to hear this, it really sucks when having issues with a new product.

Honestly, I am not sure how much good getting online and airing it out before seeing how your dealer and the manufacturer handle it. Things could be taken care of and you could be very happy with your dealer and Skiers and this will still be out there.

I do agree that from a manufacturing standpoint that this particular boat had a very poor quality control inspection. The ballast hose is something that could have easily been caught just with a visual inspection.

What always surprises me and I have found this with several boat manufacturers is the use of the cheap Vinyl crimp electrical terminals. In a damp/wet environment, they should at least use Nylon Terminals and preferably the Heat Shrink Connectors to minimize future electrical gremlins.

Reach out to your dealer and give them a fair chance at making things right. As mentioned already, this is where a good dealer will shine. There are several things that our family purchases just based upon the dealer, knowing that we will get service - QUALITY service after the sale.

Good Luck

wolfeman131
04-18-2016, 05:46 PM
I get the Moomba is the cheaper boat, but the fit and finish on my craz is awful. I wouldn't buy another new Moomba and I certainly wouldn't recommend one to a friend.

I'm definitely sorry that you're having any issues, but I'm thinking you have rather minor items that the dealer can easily address. These are handcrafted machines and, unfortunately, sometimes steps are missed.

DRHRSH
04-18-2016, 10:49 PM
If you take the the tension cables off yes. If not it is 8'5-8'6". My cables are off and im fine with it. I could really care about the lift and drop assist if it means the difference of getting it in my door. I have about 1/4 to 1/2" to spare getting in my 8' door with cables off

I just,picked up my Craz last Thursday and tryed to put it in my garage and discovered it wont fit, even with the tower folded. Im not sure what kind of garages you guys have but my door has a 7 ft clearance, not 8 ft! I believe thats "standard". My previous 2 boats fit easily in my double garage. After carefully checking out this boat I had no idea it would be too tall to store. My previous boats sat down between the fenders which made them lower. The Craz sits up over the fenders. I'm considering some very short wheel/tire combos I can swap out just to get it stored. Bummed

jtatexc
04-18-2016, 11:44 PM
Starting a few years ago standard new build homes is now 8'. Our last house was 7' and we played hell getting our tige in. The first thing we noticed on the moomba is what you mentioned, not only how much taller the boat is, but how high it also sits. I was so bummed the first day we got our craz home last year. Panic may be a better term for what I was feeling. Once I realized I could pop the cables I was given the exact amount I needed (thank god I dont have swivel racks or it wouldnt have went with the bigger brackets). Im a happy camper these days now :)

DFTR Josh
04-19-2016, 12:04 AM
thank god I dont have swivel racks or it wouldnt have went with the bigger bracket
I have the swivel racks and they come off real easy. Main reason why I went with them, take off to tow and store it.

jtatexc
04-19-2016, 12:07 AM
I have the swivel racks and they come off real easy. Main reason why I went with them, take off to tow and store it.
Gotcha. I had them on my last and honestly never swumg them in. I know a lot of people are super passionate about them, i just didnt see myself using them much. Didnt realize they popped off though

DFTR Josh
04-19-2016, 09:18 AM
i just didnt see myself using them much. Didnt realize they popped off though
I'm the same, never really use the swivel unless I'm pulling up to the houseboat then I have to swing in the starboard side. I can get away with fixed racks but any weather or dumb ass make waves in the marina they will hit. Mainly got them for the ease of taking them off, maybe I can get some shots for future owners wondering if they want to throw the coin at moving racks and low garage doors.

jtatexc
04-19-2016, 11:21 AM
Actually ya, I wouldn't mind see how easy they pop off.

DRHRSH
04-22-2016, 09:04 AM
I am in the process of installing my amps and speakers in my Craz. I decided to order my boat with just the stock cabin speakers, no bow speakers, amps or tower speakers. Others may know this but my Aviator tower is pre-wired for tower speakers. Also the bow is pre-wired for the bow speakers. There are also wires provided in the amp area behind the observation seat. A blue/black wire for "amp on" and a pigtail to plug in the bow speakers.

smileycvc
04-22-2016, 02:27 PM
What size prop did your guys craz come with?

mattsask
04-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Mine had the OJ 945 I believe

CRAZy440
04-22-2016, 04:25 PM
ACME 15 x 13 is what the dealer said is on mine. They may have added it though since they set it up for altitude and the 440.

smileycvc
04-22-2016, 06:01 PM
Mine is running the 14.5x14.25. Currently I am running the stock ballast, but I am already thinking about upgrading. I talked to wakemakers and they suggested the 15x13. They said it's made for the raptor series engines. It's also a factory option from Moomba.

I am just wondering if there will be that much difference to justify the price. The current prop is plenty capable with the stock ballast weight.

07STI
04-22-2016, 07:33 PM
Mine is running the 14.5x14.25. Currently I am running the stock ballast, but I am already thinking about upgrading. I talked to wakemakers and they suggested the 15x13. They said it's made for the raptor series engines. It's also a factory option from Moomba.

I am just wondering if there will be that much difference to justify the price. The current prop is plenty capable with the stock ballast weight.

I just ordered the 2079. I struggled to get on plane last year fully weighted. I have 1,100's in the back and 750 up front.

smileycvc
04-22-2016, 08:21 PM
I just ordered the 2079. I struggled to get on plane last year fully weighted. I have 1,100's in the back and 750 up front.

What prop size were you running before.

07STI
04-22-2016, 08:25 PM
What prop size were you running before.

Same stocker as yours. Unfortunately, I'm likely another couple weeks out from testing the 2079.

DRHRSH
04-23-2016, 08:15 AM
Sorry to change topics but back to my problem getting my baby in the garage ( 7 ft clearance). Has anyone removed the aviator tower at the pivot point? It looks like removing one bolt on each side and it could swing to the side. I realize the speakers wires etc. would have to be long enough.

DFTR Josh
04-23-2016, 09:57 AM
What size prop did your guys craz come with?
I chose to order the 945 (15"x13 pitch) being from UT and a higher elevation. My last boat had the 14.5"x14.25 and it was garbage for stock ballast, gas, and people. I upgraded that boat to a 15"x12 and it was a whole new boat and still keeping the RPM's in check. My Craz with the 945 seems like it will push all stock weight with no problem. It tops out at 36mph so it's not a skiing prop...
The winds are out of control this weekend, haven't had a chance to get in the Craz and get a picture of the racks and how easy they are to remove. I'll try shortly if I don't get blown away.

DFTR Josh
04-24-2016, 06:43 PM
Finally got a few shots of how the swivel racks come off very easy for storage and towing.

BrokeGuy
04-25-2016, 08:56 PM
https://vimeo.com/164187951
Still trying to get it right.

mattsask
04-26-2016, 02:29 AM
https://vimeo.com/164187951
Still trying to get it right.

Looks like you might want to be on your toeside edge a little more. Front foot gas, back foot brake.

CRAZy9
04-27-2016, 08:27 AM
New here, just thought I would drop a line. New Craz is almost ready(I went to Skiers Choice yesterday to check it out). Supposed to leave the factory tomorrow and then the dealer will have it for a few days installing the custom lighting/sound. Hope to have it by next Tuesday. Very cool factory tour. Made me glad I chose Moomba. Great thread! Cheers

07STI
04-27-2016, 08:56 AM
New here, just thought I would drop a line. New Craz is almost ready(I went to Skiers Choice yesterday to check it out). Supposed to leave the factory tomorrow and then the dealer will have it for a few days installing the custom lighting/sound. Hope to have it by next Tuesday. Very cool factory tour. Made me glad I chose Moomba. Great thread! Cheers

Welcome aboard...Post some pics of your tour and the new ride when it arrives!

DFTR Josh
04-27-2016, 09:58 AM
Let's see some sneak peek pics :mrgreen:

CRAZy9
04-27-2016, 01:39 PM

Here is one snapshot. Ill download more from my phone later and share. Black(with metal flake) main / Atomic Orange accent and Grey hull.

CRAZy9
04-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Interior Snapshot: Still a little ways to go. Bought the snap in non-skid logoed flooring.

CRAZy440
04-27-2016, 03:22 PM
Good lookin! Like the black and orange. My HS colors! Lol. You will love the metal flake in the sun! So many flake colors come thru.

DFTR Josh
04-28-2016, 12:07 AM
Great looking ride!

CRAZy9
04-29-2016, 02:03 PM
Thanks all! It's going to be a long 3 days waiting to get the boat. I guess I've waited 6 weeks already, what is another couple of days. Anything I should know about the boat that you all wish someone had told you?

07STI
04-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Thanks all! It's going to be a long 3 days waiting to get the boat. I guess I've waited 6 weeks already, what is another couple of days. Anything I should know about the boat that you all wish someone had told you?

Not really. Did you get the surf edition? If not, and you're going to do some surfing, make sure to get an IBS. I replaced the rear stock bags with 1,100's too. It'll probably take a bit of time to get the surf wave dialed in...I didn't really get a chance to dial mine in last fall before having to get her ready for hibernation.

Make sure to use the air dam when trailering. Dealer didn't have it in when I left on my 2 1/2 hour trip home...I assumed it was just for cooler days to keep the wind out while on the water. Well, my non-skid snap in flooring ended up tearing at one of the seams where a snap is located. I always put the air dam in now and haven't had any more issues.

Last thing off the top of my head - Make sure to measure and be careful when backing it into the garage (if you're keeping it in the garage). I have to take the bolts out of the swivel racks to gain an extra inch or two. Then it fits fine under my 8' garage door.

DFTR Josh
04-29-2016, 04:19 PM
Smart plate will throw you off at first till you see how it works. Every air vent on the ballast bags were left open and water was coming out everywhere before I found out. Should have checked it but didn't. Sub comes with a volume control in the bag and not hooked up. Protect your transom straps from the plates. Overall this boat is pretty near to perfect and got to learn most about it at the boat show.

BrokeGuy
05-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Alright what font is the moomba and craz lettering. It's time to order my numbers.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

BrokeGuy
05-02-2016, 07:23 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160502/26cb99d6f404a58e0a3a9cee654effd6.jpg

Do you guys think this is contrasting enough?

mattsask
05-02-2016, 09:35 PM
My dealer gave me a website for ordering the matching bubble lettering. I'll dig it out for you in the morning. I've got to order myself some too.

jmvotto
05-02-2016, 09:53 PM
I have the moomba masque font file at my office if you want it, pm me and I will email to you.

BrokeGuy
05-02-2016, 10:18 PM
My dealer gave me a website for ordering the matching bubble lettering. I'll dig it out for you in the morning. I've got to order myself some too.

I have the moomba masque font file at my office if you want it, pm me and I will email to you.
I have the masque font now. Thank you though. Mattsask that would be super awesome.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

mattsask
05-02-2016, 10:24 PM
I have the masque font now. Thank you though. Mattsask that would be super awesome.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull
Who am I kidding, I couldn't resist sitting in the new toy for a few minutes. I grabbed that info for ya. Looks like boats are their specialty.

Www.domednumbers.com

BrokeGuy
05-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Who am I kidding, I couldn't resist sitting in the new toy for a few minutes. I grabbed that info for ya. Looks like boats are their specialty.

Www.domednumbers.com

That's the same website I found. I'm calling them in the morning. BTW Here is a coupon code I found (supraowners).

mattsask
05-02-2016, 10:27 PM
Thanks! Ya my dealer told me that he's had lots of decals made and they use the matching font. Must just not have it on the website.

BrettLee3232
05-03-2016, 01:41 AM
Domednumbers is legit!!!! They did my mondo w/ matching font & black chrome. Can't find a close up but you can zoom in...http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160503/56f59564625078a11e06dbd8dddd24dd.jpg

smileycvc
05-03-2016, 02:18 PM

Www.domednumbers.com

I just put my numbers on from them the other day. The color doesn't exactly match the moomba black chrome, but its close. They also reflect really well in the sun.

DFTR Josh
05-04-2016, 10:18 AM
All this talk about Domed Numbers I did pick up a Moomba phone case from their site :rolleyes:

CRAZy9
05-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Great feedback! Thanks

CRAZy9
05-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Picked up the new ride last night

wolfeman131
05-04-2016, 02:32 PM
sharp looking ride!

07STI
05-04-2016, 02:33 PM

Looks great...Congrats! Post some interior pics too when you can.

DFTR Josh
05-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Congrats on the new Craz! Looks very good, lets see it on the water.

DFTR Josh
05-05-2016, 12:59 PM
So all this talk about getting larger bags for the rear lockers. I removed the starboard rear panel for a little more extra room and I find 2 of the ballast pumps stashed there. What is everybody doing to keep bag weight off the pumps? Maybe I just need to look into shorter but taller bags and leave the panel installed. Plus it looks like crap with it off.
Also what are all your times set at for filling and emptying? Found I still have about an inch of water in the rear back and I can't travel with water in the boat per UT law.

jstenger
05-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Also what are all your times set at for filling and emptying? Found I still have about an inch of water in the rear back and I can't travel with water in the boat per UT law.
Just hit the empty button again. It will run for around 30 seconds and shut off.

jstenger
05-05-2016, 02:18 PM
So all this talk about getting larger bags for the rear lockers. I removed the starboard rear panel for a little more extra room and I find 2 of the ballast pumps stashed there. What is everybody doing to keep bag weight off the pumps? Maybe I just need to look into shorter but taller bags and leave the panel installed. Plus it looks like crap with it off.

I, like others on here, have moved the pumps to a different location. I put all three of mine on the plastic piece behind the engine. Others mounted them on the inside of the engine divider panels.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd382/Joestenger/20140422_182455.jpg (http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Joestenger/media/20140422_182455.jpg.html)

smileycvc
05-05-2016, 04:08 PM
I am thinking about picking up a set of 1100 lbs fly high bags. How do these fit in the craz locker? I measured it, and it seems like it's going to be pretty tight. Should I go with a custom bag or maybe 950s instead?

Also has anyone setup their ballast pumps to drain above the water line? I was thinking about routing them so they drain out of the same port they vent from.

smorris7
05-05-2016, 04:28 PM
I am thinking about picking up a set of 1100 lbs fly high bags. How do these fit in the craz locker? I measured it, and it seems like it's going to be pretty tight. Should I go with a custom bag or maybe 950s instead?

Also has anyone setup their ballast pumps to drain above the water line? I was thinking about routing them so they drain out of the same port they vent from.

Unless your planning on adding additional pumps to drain then you cannot drain above waterline. These are reversible pumps that fill and drain through the same through hull in the bottom of the boat. Not possible with a reversible above water line.

smileycvc
05-05-2016, 05:17 PM
I was of the understanding that as long as your pump is strong enough you can run a setup like this.

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/wrxtasy02/Mobile%20Uploads/88E3A86D-4B8C-4C8A-84F7-EA7DF59CD141_zpsvoc8irlr.png (http://s756.photobucket.com/user/wrxtasy02/media/Mobile%20Uploads/88E3A86D-4B8C-4C8A-84F7-EA7DF59CD141_zpsvoc8irlr.png.html)

smorris7
05-05-2016, 05:34 PM
I suppose it technically possible but pulling water through a check valve will greatly reduce water flow and fill and empty times. Maybe with these brand new pumps. I know my jabsco's couldn't handle it.

smorris7
05-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Maybe I'm way off here. I like this layout. Be interested to see how it works. I believe the newer pumps can move some serious water.

parrothd
05-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Yes, you can have any pump drain above the waterline. It just costs more and complicates the install... You don't need to do it, you can tell just by the sound when the bag is empty..

parrothd
05-05-2016, 05:56 PM
I'm going to add for each of my ballast installs I should've done the above waterline drains, just hasn't worked out that way..;)

smileycvc
05-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Maybe I'm way off here. I like this layout. Be interested to see how it works. I believe the newer pumps can move some serious water.

I just spoke with wakemakers. They said the setup does work and was very popular when manufactures started using reversible pumps instead of the dual pump aerator system. He didn't recommend it though because if that check valve doesn't get a good seal you end up pulling air and greatly increasing fill/drain times.

Basically he said it's not worth the hassle and most people just get used to using the standard reversible system.

Also in case anybody was wondering the craz uses jabsco commercial puppy pumps. I'm sure it's been covered before, but it couldn't hurt to mention it again.

keweaver13
05-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Good to see most are enjoying their Craz! Took mine out to possum kingdom lake a couple weeks ago. We ski'd and surfed, it was a good time! Already have about 34 hours on the boat.
I have a couple warranty issues with mine. Engine light and error stating Cylinder 1 Mis-fire, Indmar told dealer that its a bug in the programing and to just reset it; no date for a fix. Going to have a little chat with Indmar tomorrow. Other minor issue with with wakeboard rack.

smileycvc
05-06-2016, 12:10 AM
Good to see most are enjoying their Craz! Took mine out to possum kingdom lake a couple weeks ago. We ski'd and surfed, it was a good time! Already have about 34 hours on the boat.
I have a couple warranty issues with mine. Engine light and error stating Cylinder 1 Mis-fire, Indmar told dealer that its a bug in the programing and to just reset it; no date for a fix. Going to have a little chat with Indmar tomorrow. Other minor issue with with wakeboard rack.

Mine still has a few issues to workout, but nothing so far that really keeps us from using the boat. The wake and wave off of this boat is outstanding.

Pound
05-06-2016, 11:32 AM
So, I'm new'ish to the site and a new owner of a Craz (this one... (https://youtu.be/usO0eTaSFZI) ) . I owned a 2002 Supra Launch SL for 9 years (been boatless since 2011) and it had a whopping 900lbs of factory ballast. On occasion we'd fill a few extra bags that a friend gave me. but for the most part, the factory ballasted wake was sufficient for my family's skill level. And it got to where my wife would give me that arms crossed, tapping toe, impatient look when we'd get to the lake and I'd say, "But wait, first I gotta fill these 3 other sacks that you'll have to step over all day long". So I only filled the extra ballast if we had some other riders w/us that could actually throw some tricks other than w2w 180's, lol.
So needless to say, I'm pretty stoked about the factory 2500lbs all hidden.
Having said that.... I'm brand new to surfing as it was only booming in popularity for the last few years that we owned our Supra.
Here's my question, is it really - really necessary to further upgrade the rear bags for surfing? My 15 y/o and I both tried surfing, but weren't quite able to throw the rope. I also had no idea about proper boat setup until I got home and researched it... and I think my speed is off on the control as 10 mph felt really slow and we only got white wash at that speed, so we bumped it up to 14-15 on the control and the wake cleaned up, but it felt like the boat was pulling away from me most of the time no matter how far forward I stood on the board. We're going out this Sunday and I'll check the speed w/the GPS on my phone, and I'll adjust the settings for the auto-flow tabs per other threads in this forum. Should I go ahead an put upgraded rear bags on my "Father's day wish list" ;-) or is it more of a nice-to-have? Obviously folks that upgrade all agree that it makes a big diff... so maybe I've answered my own questions. I'm interested in what answers you get, DFTR re: which bags are right for the Craz.
Maybe a btter question is, how much of surfing is skill vs. ballast vs. equipment vs. hull/boat/tabs/gates etc?

smileycvc
05-06-2016, 05:08 PM
The stock 2500 lbs of ballast is more than enough for surfing. Keep trying to dial you wave in before you have a rider out there. Make sure the wave looks clean as you adjust speed and your plates. Lately, for us, 10.5 mph auto flow set to 50 and wake plate at half has produced a nice steep wave with plenty of length.

If you still want to upgrade ballast I would recommend the wakemakers LBS bags. I just spoke with them yesterday after taking some measurements of my rear lockers. The 45"Lx20"Wx25"H bags should fit perfectly. They are 910 lbs each. If you want more weight you can try and squish a bigger bag in there or have something custom made.

DFTR Josh
05-07-2016, 11:09 AM
If you still want to upgrade ballast I would recommend the wakemakers LBS bags. I just spoke with them yesterday after taking some measurements of my rear lockers. The 45"Lx20"Wx25"H bags should fit perfectly. They are 910 lbs each. If you want more weight you can try and squish a bigger bag in there or have something custom made.
What was the price of the LBS bags, I haven't measured but seems perfect for keeping my rear wall on and not moving the pumps. Hope to measure it today...

Edit:
Found them via this Google tool...
LBS - Locker Ballast Solution, The first line of ballast bags offered in 5" increments and designed specifically for use in the rear lockers of v-drive boats.

smileycvc
05-07-2016, 12:02 PM
What was the price of the LBS bags, I haven't measured but seems perfect for keeping my rear wall on and not moving the pumps. Hope to measure it today...

Edit:
Found them via this Google tool...
LBS - Locker Ballast Solution, The first line of ballast bags offered in 5" increments and designed specifically for use in the rear lockers of v-drive boats.

They are on wakemakers.com. The size above should fit the locker with no modifications. I was measuring my locker yesterday. I didn't want to remove panels or pumps either. I was hoping for about 950 lbs, but 910 will do. We actually have a great wave with the stock 650 bags so I may put it off for this season.

DFTR Josh
05-07-2016, 12:20 PM
They are on wakemakers.com. The size above should fit the locker with no modifications. I was measuring my locker yesterday. I didn't want to remove panels or pumps either. I was hoping for about 950 lbs, but 910 will do. We actually have a great wave with the stock 650 bags so I may put it off for this season.
Sorry if this is a double question... What did you measure with the wall installed?

DFTR Josh
05-07-2016, 03:44 PM
I measured 42"L x 22"W x 23"H for the locker without cramming anything. Looks like 820 bags will fit the best coming in at 40"L x 25"W x 20"H. If I got my current (stock) bags correct their 45"L x 18"W x 18"H for 650lbs and are a little long with the secondary air vent getting caught by the rear seat frame when filling.

smileycvc
05-08-2016, 10:14 PM
I measured 42"L x 22"W x 23"H for the locker without cramming anything. Looks like 820 bags will fit the best coming in at 40"L x 25"W x 20"H. If I got my current (stock) bags correct their 45"L x 18"W x 18"H for 650lbs and are a little long with the secondary air vent getting caught by the rear seat frame when filling.

I measured 45 from the very aft panel forward to where the rear seat sticks out into the locker. I don't know if that really makes sense. I haven't had issues with the vent and I think I measured 25 from the floor to the fiberglass for height.

DFTR Josh
05-09-2016, 09:55 AM
42" Length was off the floor from the bottom corner of the seat to the rear of the locker with panel in. In my Craz I have another panel that covers a hose or 2 that come from the engine compartment. It's at 23" is where I got the height. In all I'm looking for a bag that don't pressure anything in the rear truck but still has decent weight. Looks like I will be rolling with the 820's after talking with Marine Products (http://www.marine-products.com/). I have a little lead and plus the stock 650's should be around 770 in the rear. I'm going to try it out hopefully this weekend with the forecast of decent weather.

Pound
05-09-2016, 11:33 AM
We got our Craz out for it's 2nd voyage... conditions were pretty bad. I didn't even bother to fill the ballast, which is good because I'm still under break-in hours. The boat handled the rough conditions quite well. Far better than my Supra did due to the taller freeboard and deeper v hull.
I do have a few squeaks in the dash, but nothing to be too annoyed by.

My digital speedo is definitely reading about 5mph faster than my analog speedo and I could not find in the menu where to adjust that. Any ideas? the lake was so rough that I didn't even have a decent area to check the speed against GPS.

I didn't think the position/location of the small arm rest would be too much of an issue, but the more hrs I put on the boat, the less I like it ergonomically. Maybe some of the creative minds on this forum can come up w/a hack or mod for that ;-)

Also, the delay in going from Acc to Start then Run for the Fusion HU to power back up, re-sync and resume play from BT is a small annoyance. Going from run to Acc (if you do it fast enough) is not a problem. I guess I could have it run to constant power maybe. Has anyone else done this?

The fuel economy seems to be great. We put a solid 3 hrs on the engine on our first outing and it only took about 3.5 gallons to fill it back up. However, very little of that run was with ballast. but so far it seems quite efficient for a beast of an engine.

Lastly, I'm going to HAVE to get some Wet Suitz for my rev10's. Every bug that was in flight on our trip seemed to end its life on my speakers...

dusty2221
05-09-2016, 11:49 AM
Moving the stereo wire from the keyed switch to constant power should only take about 10 minutes, once it's moved you can use the power button on the front of the Fusion H/U to turn everything on.

CRAZy440
05-09-2016, 12:10 PM
My digital speedo is definitely reading about 5mph faster than my analog speedo and I could not find in the menu where to adjust that. Any ideas? the lake was so rough that I didn't even have a decent area to check the speed against GPS.

Speedo adjustment is under Menu > User settings > Paddlewheel Offset. The paddlewheel is the speedo on a non-GPS boat.

This info in the Moomba 2016 Users Manual page 46 and 47 for detailed operation. Its always a good idea to read those before embarking.

http://www.moomba.com/sites/default/files/downloads/manuals/2016_moomba_manual_final_optimize.pdf

The paddlewheel is about mid-ship on starboard side if you want to see it. It has inside access from the access port over the v-drive. BTW I hope that the dealer told everyone that they should keep the paddlewheel plug in the boat at all times. The paddlewheel assembly can break if you hit a something with it and can create a large hole into the hull. The plug will stop the leak. The hole can be significant and the bilge pump will not be able to keep up. FYI!

KG's Supra24
05-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Also, the delay in going from Acc to Start then Run for the Fusion HU to power back up, re-sync and resume play from BT is a small annoyance. Going from run to Acc (if you do it fast enough) is not a problem. I guess I could have it run to constant power maybe. Has anyone else done this?

Moving the stereo wire from the keyed switch to constant power should only take about 10 minutes, once it's moved you can use the power button on the front of the Fusion H/U to turn everything on.

Yep, this worked perfect and makes more sense. We discussed how great it was on the boat this past weekend, actually.

Pound
05-09-2016, 02:13 PM
"Speedo adjustment is under Menu > User settings > Paddlewheel Offset."

Makes perfect sense that it's not under "Vessel Settings".... lol
I swear I didn't see that option under User Settings, but I'll look again next time. Thanks for the help.

smileycvc
05-09-2016, 05:28 PM

This annoys the crap out of me. I think I'm going to wire my stereo to a switch. To keep it from rebooting every time.

BrokeGuy
05-09-2016, 07:15 PM
I hate how the dome light on the tower comes on with the rest of the speaker box lights. But hey domed numbers come through once again. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160509/2696fed3213b69404008360fc21425dc.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160509/fb9f1a341917c32ceceef585afb6d6d5.jpg Along with the ugly registration sticker.

DFTR Josh
05-09-2016, 07:57 PM
I love the dome light and might be pretty cool on it's own switch. REG numbers came out excellent!

BrokeGuy
05-09-2016, 08:06 PM
I'd like it a lot better on another switch.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

smileycvc
05-09-2016, 09:55 PM
What is everyone using for oil and oil filters? Do I need to stick with a marine oil or can I use an automotive full synthetic, like mobile 1?

BrokeGuy
05-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Indmar oil specification on there oil is gf5. So I would assume automotive oil would be fine. However I would only use motorcraft oil and filter if I went that route.

DFTR Josh
05-10-2016, 10:02 AM
What is everyone using for oil and oil filters? Do I need to stick with a marine oil or can I use an automotive full synthetic, like mobile 1?
It's that time of year again! Being my Craz is a demo I looked into the dealer servicing it for the records. When the quote came back at $400 for the first service and that only includes fluids, I'll do it myself. Just have to keep the paper records for service records. I will have to take a look and see what the manual suggests and I'll run with that. Last boat I ran full syn without any problems.

BrokeGuy
05-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Will indmar honor the warranty if services are done by someone other than a dealer?

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

smileycvc
05-10-2016, 07:16 PM
It's that time of year again! Being my Craz is a demo I looked into the dealer servicing it for the records. When the quote came back at $400 for the first service and that only includes fluids, I'll do it myself. Just have to keep the paper records for service records. I will have to take a look and see what the manual suggests and I'll run with that. Last boat I ran full syn without any problems.

Yeah my first dealer service is supposed to be around $600. Change all the fluids and check to make sure everything is still in its proper place. Only problem is I have 20 hours and my dealer appointment is a month out. So I am going to go ahead and just replace the fluids myself. Indmar recommends a gf5 oil. Pretty much everything synthetic out there meets that requirement now. I haven't decided between getting mobile 1 or the ford motorcraft oil since it is a ford engine.

wolfeman131
05-10-2016, 08:42 PM
I'd search for posts from Engine Nut on what oil to use. He knows a bit about Indmar motors. I think he stated not to use synthetic until you have 100 hrs.

BrokeGuy
05-10-2016, 08:55 PM
My break in service was 375 at Southtown.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

BrokeGuy
05-10-2016, 08:56 PM
What is everyone's switch layout?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/950e42be1265aa4b37be16d092bcb4b0.jpg

DFTR Josh
05-11-2016, 09:31 AM
What is everyone's switch layout?
Mine go Lights, Court, ACC, Docking Lights, underwater lights. Wonder what option I missed to have a ACC button and not something there, hummmmm.

KG's Supra24
05-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Mine go Lights, Court, ACC, Docking Lights, underwater lights. Wonder what option I missed to have a ACC button and not something there, hummmmm.

I couldn't find anything that my acc switch was doing and used it as an LED zone. My best guess was that it may be for the factory tower light bar, if ordered.

DFTR Josh
05-11-2016, 09:40 AM
I couldn't find anything that my acc switch was doing and used it as an LED zone. My best guess was that it may be for the factory tower light bar, if ordered.
Right! One of the options I said nope to. Thanks for the reply, it was killing me. Since your LED's is it wired hot or just a spot to fill the blank?

dusty2221
05-11-2016, 09:46 AM
The switch was already wired, there was a +/- coming off the back of the unused switch with a barrel connector on each.

DFTR Josh
05-11-2016, 09:54 AM
The switch was already wired, there was a +/- coming off the back of the unused switch with a barrel connector on each.
Maybe time for some LED's around the boat :cool:

BrokeGuy
05-11-2016, 10:08 AM
While separating the tower light from court lights I found a wire plugged into the 1st acc switch. I was just wondering what it was for. Below is the thread on separating the tower and court lights.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=27864

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

DFTR Josh
05-11-2016, 01:01 PM
While separating the tower light from court lights I found a wire plugged into the 1st acc switch. I was just wondering what it was for. Below is the thread on separating the tower and court lights.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=27864

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull
Might be looking into this, thanks Broke.

trayson
05-11-2016, 02:02 PM

I have a reversible pump that fills a 400 bag that's under my Port side seats on my XLV. I plumbed it so it does the above water line draining. I didn't do the "y" but instead just drilled another hole and added a drain thru-hull. It was cheaper that way and I'm not shy about extra thru-hulls. you can barely see the black ones against the blue of my gelcoat.

I like having that visual indicator of my pumps draining. I will say that I have T1200 aerators for filling and emptying the rest of my bags. so they all drain above the water line and this made it consistent.

So, I'm new'ish to the site and a new owner of a Craz (this one... (https://youtu.be/usO0eTaSFZI) ) . I owned a 2002 Supra Launch SL for 9 years (been boatless since 2011) and it had a whopping 900lbs of factory ballast. On occasion we'd fill a few extra bags that a friend gave me. but for the most part, the factory ballasted wake was sufficient for my family's skill level. And it got to where my wife would give me that arms crossed, tapping toe, impatient look when we'd get to the lake and I'd say, "But wait, first I gotta fill these 3 other sacks that you'll have to step over all day long". So I only filled the extra ballast if we had some other riders w/us that could actually throw some tricks other than w2w 180's, lol.
So needless to say, I'm pretty stoked about the factory 2500lbs all hidden.
Having said that.... I'm brand new to surfing as it was only booming in popularity for the last few years that we owned our Supra.
Here's my question, is it really - really necessary to further upgrade the rear bags for surfing? My 15 y/o and I both tried surfing, but weren't quite able to throw the rope. I also had no idea about proper boat setup until I got home and researched it... and I think my speed is off on the control as 10 mph felt really slow and we only got white wash at that speed, so we bumped it up to 14-15 on the control and the wake cleaned up, but it felt like the boat was pulling away from me most of the time no matter how far forward I stood on the board. We're going out this Sunday and I'll check the speed w/the GPS on my phone, and I'll adjust the settings for the auto-flow tabs per other threads in this forum. Should I go ahead an put upgraded rear bags on my "Father's day wish list" ;-) or is it more of a nice-to-have? Obviously folks that upgrade all agree that it makes a big diff... so maybe I've answered my own questions. I'm interested in what answers you get, DFTR re: which bags are right for the Craz.
Maybe a btter question is, how much of surfing is skill vs. ballast vs. equipment vs. hull/boat/tabs/gates etc?

Surfing is dependent really on 3 factors: Wave, Board, and Skill level of the rider. if you're falling short in one area, the other two can compensate. If you have a skilled rider on a fast board, they can surf a wave that others would fall off of. I've ridden behind a Tige 22v with no ballast other than 2 guys in the corner and was able to freeride (with some effort). but 14-15 is way too fast MPH. Just because it looks clean doesn't mean it'll have any push. I'm sure you can get it dialed in better with trial and error and the help of the guys here.

CRAZy440
05-12-2016, 01:36 AM
The owners manual actually has a starting point for settings and speed.

07STI
05-12-2016, 08:21 AM
The owners manual actually has a starting point for settings and speed.

I came across this as well, but it's pretty generic compared to the information in the Autoflow 2.0 settings sticky in the general section. If I recall correctly, the manual recommends the same settings for all 3 models...Maybe it is that easy. I'm thinking the settings from the Autoflow 2.0 settings thread will be better though.

Can't wait for the water to warm up here to do some testing.

Connolly_Crew
05-12-2016, 07:44 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160502/26cb99d6f404a58e0a3a9cee654effd6.jpg

Do you guys think this is contrasting enough?

I would do black vinyl in batman or masque font with orange trim

DFTR Josh
05-15-2016, 01:11 AM
Well I finally got to session the Craz with full weight at 23 MPH. Water wasn't perfect but HOT DAMN the wake is mackin! So stoked to get this boat dialed for the summer and it's on. I have noticed it's pretty sensitive with side to side weight but not a big deal for us. Since riding the wake there's zero doubt about switching from MB to Skiers Choice. My boy was taking a few pics and should have them up shortly.

DFTR Josh
05-15-2016, 01:34 AM
Was rocking a HS Hero today since it was the first set out on a new board and new wake.

Showing port side wake...
Start of a Tantrum
HS Air
Tail ish grab
Showing starboard wake

BrokeGuy
05-15-2016, 11:17 AM
Was rocking a HS Hero today since it was the first set out on a new board and new wake.

Showing port side wake...
Start of a Tantrum
HS Air
Tail ish grab
Showing starboard wake
Looks awesome. Unfortunately during our trip out yesterday. My wake plate wouldn't work.

DFTR Josh
05-15-2016, 12:28 PM
Looks awesome. Unfortunately during our trip out yesterday. My wake plate wouldn't work.
I would start with a fuse where ever they are located.

CRAZy440
05-15-2016, 03:04 PM
Anyone using a KeelShield keel guard? Do they work and are they worth the money? How do they effect the boat performance? I don't plan on beaching in our lake near home, its has a lot of beaches that are sandy clay with rocks imbedded, I will be anchoring. However, if I go to other lakes with more sandy beaches, and there are some, I may want to beach it for music and easy entry exit. Am I just a dumb butt and should never ever think of beaching it again? lol

http://www.amazon.com/KeelShield-KS-10BLK-Protector-10-Feet-Black/dp/B004C0MZ70?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

CRAZy440
05-15-2016, 03:13 PM

I would start with a fuse where ever they are located.

BrokeGuy, Since you altered the wiring recently, checking breakers and re-checking your work, would be a good start. Maybe some of the dash wiring was inadvertently disconnected.

BrokeGuy
05-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Its an intermediate problem. I'm able to shut the boat down and restart. Then it will work. I will be double checking everything.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

jtatexc
05-15-2016, 07:12 PM
Its an intermediate problem. I'm able to shut the boat down and restart. Then it will work. I will be double checking everything.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull
Mine does exact same thing and did it last trip too. Driver had to shut off and turn back on during my ride. Annoying

BrokeGuy
05-15-2016, 08:51 PM
Mine does exact same thing and did it last trip too.

How many hours did you have on your boat when it started? Has anything been done to your boat?

jtatexc
05-15-2016, 08:53 PM
How many hours did you have on your boat when it started? Has anything been done to your boat?
It's pretty random when it does it but since new pretty much and I am at 46 hours now. Has anything beenot done in terms of fixing it or modifications? What do you mean?

BrokeGuy
05-15-2016, 08:56 PM
Any modifications to the boat.? I hooked up a new amp and separated the tower light. I noticed this problem right after that. I'm at like 28 to 30 hours.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

jtatexc
05-16-2016, 07:41 AM
Only thing I have done is add a few amps and tapped into the courtesy lights for my in cab led lights. Nothing major. I did the amp right away so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Definitely happened before the lights though

BrokeGuy
05-16-2016, 10:03 AM
Only thing I have done is add a few amps and tapped into the courtesy lights for my in cab led lights.

Sounds like we have modified our boat the same way. I guess it's time for us to recheck the modifications.

jtatexc
05-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Sounds like we have modified our boat the same way. I guess it's time for us to recheck the modifications.
I dont see how these would impact the wake plate though. Completely separate systems. The fact that the plate random stops mid ride and can be reset by turning ignition on and off and not hard resetting a fuse would suggest that it is an independent issue. I spoke to the dealer about it and an just gonna get it in when I am in the area (it's 2.5 hours away from me). Im not super concerned about it until the turning boat on/off now longer fixes it

smileycvc
05-16-2016, 01:32 PM

My craz does the same thing and we haven't modified a single thing. It must be a craz issue.

wolfeman131
05-16-2016, 02:09 PM
since this is popping up in multiple places, I'll post the same reply:

I'm not sure how the “smartplate” works was explained particularly well. If you are manually adjusting the plate to 100%, then it will stay at 100% when you get back up to speed. In other words, the system remembers where you adjusted it to and will return the plate to that position. I think that may be the case for some, but I don’t think that is the issue for everyone. If manually adjusting the plate doesn’t fix it, then it is probably a software issue.

The problem with software issues are that if you can’t duplicate them, you can’t fix them. You/the dealer/SC have to make the system fail every time so a software fix can be developed. My guess is that something is happening where the system/software is sending the plate to one location (s designed) at the same time that you're sending the plate to a different location. If that were the case, then the software may be getting confused, shutting down and tripping the internal breaker in the PDM. The PDM has internal protection as well as being externally protected with the 50amp breaker. If the PDM thinks there is an issue, then it will trip internally and resetting the ignition would reset that breaker. Since it appears most of the time these systems are working by keying off, then on, I am assuming this is a false issue because it doesn’t appear the main 50amp breaker is tripping.

BrokeGuy
05-16-2016, 02:09 PM
I hardly drive my boat. Mostly my wife as I stay in the water. So I can't say if it was doing it before the mods. It's good to know that a non modified craz is also doing it. I'm curious to hear about the other craz owners. Mine is at the tint shop so I can not do any testing at this time. Then we have rain for the next 6 days.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

smileycvc
05-16-2016, 03:48 PM
Ours does it at random times. Most of the the time our wakeplate is set to half for surfing and we do not adjust it. When the boat comes to a stop it automatically deploys to the full down position. It stays that way until the boat returns to a plane and then goes back to the set half point. Sometimes it just stays in the down position. We try to adjust it manually but nothing happens.

Wolfman131 your explanation sort of makes sense but when we experience the issue no one is trying to adjust the plate manually.

jtatexc
05-16-2016, 07:15 PM
Ours does it at random times. Most of the the time our wakeplate is set to half for surfing and we do not adjust it. When the boat comes to a stop it automatically deploys to the full down position. It stays that way until the boat returns to a plane and then goes back to the set half point. Sometimes it just stays in the down position. We try to adjust it manually but nothing happens.

Wolfman131 your explanation sort of makes sense but when we experience the issue no one is trying to adjust the plate manually.
We are exactly the same as you. We usually leave it at either half or 3/4 deployed and don't touch it again. There is no adjustment taking place when it happens. It only happens when it is supposed to be self adjusting.

07STI
05-19-2016, 09:52 AM
I'm going out with a fellow forum member tomorrow afternoon to work on the surf wave. I can't wait to get out on the water for the first time of the season.

Water temp is currently showing as 58 degrees. I'm hoping we get to 60 by early tomorrow afternoon. I have a 4/3 wetsuit, so water temp should be fine.

I'll post up the results as soon as we have them.

mattsask
05-19-2016, 10:20 AM
I'm going out with a fellow forum member tomorrow afternoon to work on the surf wave. I can't wait to get out on the water for the first time of the season.

Water temp is currently showing as 58 degrees. I'm hoping we get to 60 by early tomorrow afternoon. I have a 4/3 wetsuit, so water temp should be fine.

I'll post up the results as soon as we have them.
awesome! It's about time we get this hull dialed in. I loaded up the pooch this morning and we are headed on a mission to get the last few break in hours done and start messing around with the wave. I've got about 1100 lbs of additional ballast to fill and move around if I need. We will have to collaborate tonight!

07STI
05-19-2016, 10:32 AM
Sounds great! I upgraded last year 1,100's in the rear and a 750 IBS. Just ran out of time before winter to get any testing in.

Post up your results tonight if you get your break in hours done and start working on the wave today!

mattsask
05-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Right on. I've also got the 1100's in the rear. I've got a 250 to put on top of the factory ibs if need be. Wanted to try that out before I upgraded the ibs too. Doesn't look like there is much room for the upgrade. Let me know how much that 750 fills up

DFTR Josh
05-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Just installed the Wakemakers panel saver kit, so damn simple. Took me about 20 min and would have gone quicker if I could find the tape measure faster.

07STI
05-19-2016, 02:28 PM
Measuring was the most time-consuming aspect for me, but I found the tape measure right away. :D Took me 15-20 minutes as well. I still get some bow, but not nearly as bad as without the kit.

smileycvc
05-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Sounds great! I upgraded last year 1,100's in the rear and a 750 IBS. Just ran out of time before winter to get any testing in.

Post up your results tonight if you get your break in hours done and start working on the wave today!

How did you get that 750 to fit? The 500 filled up all the way starts pushing on our seats a bit. Is it just longer than the stock bag?

07STI
05-19-2016, 04:31 PM
How did you get that 750 to fit? The 500 filled up all the way starts pushing on our seats a bit. Is it just longer than the stock bag?

I can tell you that it doesn't fill 100%, but I can't speak to how it compares with the 500 since I've never had one. I would guess that it's 85-90% or so filled, but I only filled it a couple of times before putting the boat away for the season. I'll report back tomorrow or over the weekend on how full I estimate it to be.

DFTR Josh
05-19-2016, 09:05 PM
Ya my 500 takes every bit of space under the seats, no way a 750 would come close for me.

07STI
05-19-2016, 10:34 PM
awesome! It's about time we get this hull dialed in. I loaded up the pooch this morning and we are headed on a mission to get the last few break in hours done and start messing around with the wave. I've got about 1100 lbs of additional ballast to fill and move around if I need. We will have to collaborate tonight!

Did you get your break in hours done today? Any time working on the wave?

MMPRES
05-19-2016, 10:47 PM
I can't stop talking about this new Craz and haven't even filled the ballast yet. HUGE step up from the MB I owned. Can't wait to see and hear about everybody's new toys.

You will be a happy camper. My brother's a pro wakeboarder and even he was impressed with the wake. It actually reminds me of the MB wake that it has a longer transition, but a really nice lip.

mattsask
05-19-2016, 11:05 PM
Did you get your break in hours done today? Any time working on the wave?
Yep I got em done and about an hour of messing with settings. I'm going to start a new thread in the wakesurfing section. This thread is already pretty long winded. It's been a long day buy I'll try to post em up tonight. you have a productive day?

MMPRES
05-19-2016, 11:06 PM
Only been out playing for three weekends and already had the 20 hour service. I am completely impressed and totally in love with the boat. I have the P&P with 750 nose and 900s in the tail. Obviously it depends on your passenger configuration, but know this, it is very temperamental about weight in the nose. It loves weight in the tower back. If you over-weight the nose, you'll know it immediately because it will start to porpoise as soon as it planes off. My most common setup is about 400-450 lbs of bodies in the boat (two kids, two adults) I usually run the nose about 75% in and completely full in the back. That'll probably be my setup, at the least until I'm confident my little man will sit calmly in the seat. When that day comes, I'll probably add a 500 in front of the sliding seat and full nose. That has just been my experience to date. I ride at 23.2 on the paddle wheel, haven't messed with GPS to find actual speed yet. That's the weight setup I use for surfing as well. Although I did change from the factory 2.0 settings. I'm a heavier guy (260ish, haven't stepped on a scale in a while) and like a lot of push. I primarily surf port side and run the corresponding plate at 45%. Again just my $.02.

07STI
05-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Yep I got em done and about an hour of messing with settings. I'm going to start a new thread in the wakesurfing section. This thread is already pretty long winded. It's been a long day buy I'll try to post em up tonight. you have a productive day?

Sounds good.

I'm not getting out until tomorrow afternoon.

jtatexc
05-22-2016, 05:45 PM
So we spent some time today playing with the autoflow 2 settings a bit more. So far, we have gotten the best wave from front full (hard tank plus 500ibs) and both rears at 1100 full. Autoflow 2 actually looks best on both sides between 50 and 60% ( we went 55 on both) and middle plate deployed 3/4. It got really nice (almost too steep for skim) when we had a complete people on top of locker and even 1 on swim deck. Tons of push. Wave had a great lip. This was goofy side pic before we had it really dialed in but still wasn't bad. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160522/80bf09e8abe500be2d457e8940e62751.jpg

mattsask
05-22-2016, 10:27 PM
So we spent some time today playing with the autoflow 2 settings a bit more. So far, we have gotten the best wave from front full (hard tank plus 500ibs) and both rears at 1100 full. Autoflow 2 actually looks best on both sides between 50 and 60% ( we went 55 on both) and middle plate deployed 3/4. It got really nice (almost too steep for skim) when we had a complete people on top of locker and even 1 on swim deck. Tons of push. Wave had a great lip. This was goofy side pic before we had it really dialed in but still wasn't bad. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160522/80bf09e8abe500be2d457e8940e62751.jpg

Nice. Did you have an extra passenger shifted to surf side? I found that I had to dump some off side ballast to clean up the goofy wave. That being said, my boat was empty other than the same ballast setup as you.

jtatexc
05-22-2016, 10:30 PM
We didn't have to drop any weight but we did play with the autoflow and that's what got is to the 55% that had it pretty clean. Next trip we will play a little bit more with from ibs capacity and see if tweaking that a little helps or hurts

07STI
05-23-2016, 08:45 AM
I'll posted this in the wakesurf section as well - https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?27923-The-official-slam-your-craz-and-surf-it-thread.

I got out with a fellow forum member for a few hours on Friday afternoon. I have to preface this by noting that we were on a river with variable depths of 7-12 feet while surfing. Most of the time, the depth was around 9ft. Water depth was affecting the amount of push we were getting, so we played around quite a bit. Best results were as follows:

Surf side = Port (regular)
Speed = 10.5mph (but I went all the way down to 9.5mph and it was still good)
Ballast = 1,100's in the rear full, center tank full, IBS empty
Autoflow setting = 55%
Passengers = 1 on the port side

The wave was huge with this setup. We probably had too much weight in the back, but that's what it took to get a wave with enough push to go ropeless. I'll try to get out on some deeper water in the next couple weeks to try it with some weight up front.

trayson
05-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Just installed the Wakemakers panel saver kit, so damn simple. Took me about 20 min and would have gone quicker if I could find the tape measure faster.

Tape measure? I just held mine up to the panel and then colored in the holes with a sharpie so I knew where to drill. it's not like it has to be exact to the millimeter. LOL.

It got really nice (almost too steep for skim) when we had a complete people on top of locker and even 1 on swim deck. Tons of push.

Man, we would get pinched by the on the water law enforcement so fast if we were surfing with someone on the rear sundeck, and they'd flip out if we had someone sitting with their feet on the platform. You must not have any water cops around you.

I got out with a fellow forum member for a few hours on Friday afternoon. I have to preface this by noting that we were on a river with variable depths of 7-12 feet while surfing. Most of the time, the depth was around 9ft. Water depth was affecting the amount of push we were getting, so we played around quite a bit.

I've found that 10 feet is the magic number. when the water is any shallower than that, it washes out the wave. so depth was affecting you for sure.

jtatexc
05-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Tape measure? I just held mine up to the panel and then colored in the holes with a sharpie so I knew where to drill. it's not like it has to be exact to the millimeter. LOL.

Man, we would get pinched by the on the water law enforcement so fast if we were surfing with someone on the rear sundeck, and they'd flip out if we had someone sitting with their feet on the platform. You must not have any water cops around you.

I've found that 10 feet is the magic number. when the water is any shallower than that, it washes out the wave. so depth was affecting you for sure.
Still pretty early for them to get out. We were just playing to see what the extra weight looks like. We will jump around to get cool camera angles and stuff

CRAZy440
05-24-2016, 02:09 PM
Hey everyone. Wanted to relay some observances from our maiden voyage as new Craz owners. Had our first full weekend out on our lake! It was a bit of a learning experience.

First thing is, I hate decontaminating ballast bags, never had to do that before. I had them all positioned perfect...and then the my lake inspectors made me decon. Which means I had to drive 10 min away, remove all bags and let them slosh hot water thru them, then reinstall. What a PITA! Makes me want to never go outside my clean lakes again...or make sure our next boat is hard tanks.

Next, when we launched the boat the darn thing wouldn't start. Nothing. Didn't even try to start. Everything else had power. The boat started fine a few times before at decon and once before at the ramp, batteries all charged. After looking at all the breakers, I noticed the MAIN breakers nuts were very loose. I tightened them up. Let it sit off and then on for a bit, then it started. Kinda embarrassing with everyone looking at you at the doc in a new boat that doesn't start! It's so pretty, but doesn't go. lol

Lastly, the altitude kills HP and torque. The 15" x 13" 2773 prop will not plane out if ballasts are full. I thought my cruise was stuck on for a moment but its just not able to pull itself on plane with the extra weight. Didn't try long cuz I didn't want to push the new engine too much. My best setup for wakeboarding (so far) is front full, rears at 60%. The wake looks good. Very rampy. Need to get a 2079 prop for wakeboarding/surfing days. Use the 2773 for days I want to slalom, which is not very often, gotta get up too early! :)

Hope this info will help someone someday.

07STI
05-24-2016, 02:17 PM
CRAZy440

Your comment about thinking that the cruise was stuck brought back memories from last fall for me! I thought the same exact thing was happening to me. After shifting some passenger weight up front, I was able to plane out, but it was still a struggle.

I don't know how the elevation will affect you, but I am extremely happy with the upgrade to a 2079.

CRAZy440
05-24-2016, 02:26 PM
Effects of altitude is a 3% loss in power for every 1000 ft above sea level. So its about 17% loss where my lake is @ 5760 ft. Significant number.

DFTR Josh
05-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Lastly, the altitude kills HP and torque. The 15" x 13" 2773 prop will not plane out if ballasts are full. I thought my cruise was stuck on for a moment but its just not able to pull itself on plane with the extra weight. Didn't try long cuz I didn't want to push the new engine too much. My best setup for wakeboarding (so far) is front full, rears at 60%. The wake looks good. Very rampy. Need to get a 2079 prop for wakeboarding/surfing days. Use the 2773 for days I want to slalom, which is not very often, gotta get up too early!
I'm riding at 5,500' and have zero problem pulling out of the water with full ballast and 3/4 tank of gas on a 15"x13p prop (OJ945). Seems I can get on plane for wake speeds in about 20 seconds. Also I'm in the process of adding more weight to the rear bags for wakeboarding. I'm thinking 820's in the rear and the 1200 towards the front will be money for riding at 23 MPH. I have some lead to add to my stock rear 650's and hope to check it out this holiday weekend.

CRAZy440
05-25-2016, 08:35 PM
We have upgraded rears to 900s. It planes out in about 8 second with front full and rears at 60%. Which equates to 540# in rears. I bet I could fill rears to 75% and still plane out. Waiting to be fully broken in to do more heavy lifting. It's close to planning but don't know the breaking point yet. The 440 should be enough you'd think.... Dealer said not with the full 900#.

mattsask
05-25-2016, 08:44 PM
I've got 1100's in the back and 500 ibs up front, oj 945 and 400 motor. I had absolutely zero trouble when I dropped the hammer with everything full. The thing was hauling ass before I knew what hit me.

DFTR Josh
05-26-2016, 09:52 AM
We have upgraded rears to 900s. It planes out in about 8 second with front full and rears at 60%. Which equates to 540# in rears. I bet I could fill rears to 75% and still plane out. Waiting to be fully broken in to do more heavy lifting. It's close to planning but don't know the breaking point yet. The 440 should be enough you'd think.... Dealer said not with the full 900#.
You paid a lot for the 440 flash if the dealer says not with 900's! I have the RAP 400 and will plane all day with the 9's at my elevation and the OJ945. What elevation are you running at and have you confirmed what prop you're spinning?

Thomasr
06-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Hi guys, I would like to know if someone has got a good udea in how to mount to mount the gopro to the back of the craz.
I am currently mounting my gopro at the tower but would like to have a closer look at the back of the boat when surfing...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

smileycvc
06-13-2016, 09:18 PM
Hi guys, I would like to know if someone has got a good udea in how to mount to mount the gopro to the back of the craz.
I am currently mounting my gopro at the tower but would like to have a closer look at the back of the boat when surfing...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Suction cup mount would be the easiest to take on and off.

DFTR Josh
06-14-2016, 10:35 AM
Finally got the Craz out with a ski family and confident to say this boat is a true all around family/friends boat. Mom skied at 34 MPH and was shocked how nice the wake really was. Son surfed and was amazed how we could shape the wave with all the ballast full and even switch sides with the auto flow 2.0. Nobody rode wake since I didn't bring my gear since the day was focused on the family. I should have, they all wanted me to ride and see what the wake can do. I had to show them pics from this weekend and they are sold. Taking a Mastercraft family and bringing them to Skiers Choice is a great feeling.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13413004_1029194993836623_2192251525045552353_n.jp g?oh=f512402d2158b15598629227fc714ed0&oe=580178B5
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13442257_269954166728532_960158119172500300_n.jpg? oh=18dcaa1e849ac58879390e2d858f27f1&oe=57CFFB44
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13392299_1029162207173235_5212253048101319644_o.jp g

jtatexc
06-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Curious, what is everyone at for hours? I just clicked 67 today on my craz and am still loving every second of it! Curious where everyone else is...?

BrokeGuy
06-26-2016, 01:33 PM
53 for me

jtatexc
06-26-2016, 04:47 PM
53 for me

Dang 53 is pretty good! You got it this spring right? I need to step my game up! My 67 is from use starting last August.

Jjdyn0mite
06-26-2016, 05:26 PM
We are right at 50, bought in March. After the break in, the hours have just stacked on so fast...

BrokeGuy
06-26-2016, 06:20 PM
Dang 53 is pretty good! You got it this spring right? I need to step my game up! My 67 is from use starting last August.

We go out every weekend, with some weekdays.

PuraVida
06-27-2016, 11:35 AM
Suction cup mount would be the easiest to take on and off.

Be sure to add some sort of flotation to the suction cup mount because the floaty back door of the go pro will not float the added mount. I cut part of pool noodle and taped it to mine.

mattsask
06-28-2016, 12:09 AM
Just rolled over 30 hours in about 6 weeks. The rack up fast surfing.

mattsask
06-29-2016, 11:24 AM
I'm curious to see what kind of fuel consumption everyone has been getting. My consumption has been almost unbelievably good. Don't forget to share your setup and prop.

I'm running the oj 945 but, am in the midst of ordering an age 2079.
Running 3650 lbs of ballast and a crew of about 1700 lbs. I averaged 4.1 GPH over the course of 12 hrs. 80% surfing, 20% wakeboarding.

Anyone switch from the 945 to 2079 and notice any difference in fuel consumption?

jmbushey
06-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Anyone have a source for a front air dam, didn't order one with my boat but wishing I would have.

wolfeman131
07-01-2016, 10:55 AM
DIY or Atlanta Marine

Mwcraz
07-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Just picked mine up two weeks ago. I sold my 2014 Yamaha 242 limitedS. I bought the red, white and black Craz used to shot the promo video on Moomba's website. I have a bilge pump question. Every time we come off the lake I have 2-4 inches of water when I pull the center plug. The auto bilge never kicks on but if I manually turn it on it pumps the water out. We are staying in floating cabins next week for 6 days and the boat will floating the entire time. I do not want to wake up to a boat full of water. The boat has 55 hours.

jtatexc
07-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Just picked mine up two weeks ago. I sold my 2014 Yamaha 242 limitedS. I bought the red, white and black Craz used to shot the promo video on Moomba's website. I have a bilge pump question. Every time we come off the lake I have 2-4 inches of water when I pull the center plug. The auto bilge never kicks on but if I manually turn it on it pumps the water out. We are staying in floating cabins next week for 6 days and the boat will floating the entire time. I do not want to wake up to a boat full of water. The boat has 55 hours.
I'm afraid we need more info. There are times when I get off the lake when I'm bone dry and others I am puzzled looking at a steady stream. It could be something like a lose or failing prop shaft seal to a leaking fitting on a bag. Are there areas other than down in the bilge that seem wet? Did you take any rollers over the bow? Have you looked at the engine while running while in the water both stationary and moving to see if there is an obvious leak or failure? It could very well be nothing but you're gonna want to do some trouble shooting.

Mwcraz
07-01-2016, 08:50 PM
The last trip out we just tubed and didn't fill the ballast or take any rollers over the bow. It had a little over an inch of water. My other concern is the bilge pump and why it doesn't kick on automatically? When we did take a couple large rollers over the bow (second time out)we had at least 4 inches or enough to cover the top of the T handle on the plug. When I flipped the bilge to manual it pumped it out. I am taking it out tomorrow and plan on pulling the transmission cover and really looking around the engine compartment. My Yamaha was bone dry every time. Thanks for your help!

jtatexc
07-01-2016, 08:58 PM
To my knowledge the pump only kicks on when it gets submerged to a certain point. The center plug that you're referring to is the lowest point of the hull and will collect more water than the rear under the motor(unless you're on an incline and gravity is flowing the water back). You will always have more water at the center plug than in the rear. An inch I wouldn't worry, 4 or 5 with no rollers or reason might worry me. The reason your bilge doesn't kick on automatically is there isn't enough water under the motor to start it. It doesn't mean there isn't water there to pump out, just that the trigger hasn't registered to switch on.if there is an inch it won't automatically kick on but could be enough to spit some out if turned on manually. I at times when riding manually hit my bilge just for piece of mind.

Mwcraz
07-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Great thanks! It takes time getting know a new boat.

DFTR Josh
07-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Went with 820's for my rears that most know from my other thread. Here's a pic of each bag perfectly fitting the the lockers with a little room to spare for wet jackets, towels, etc. These were on back order but I know www.marine-products.com have a couple of sets in stock if you're interested but pretty sure they haven't hit the site yet.

mattsask
07-06-2016, 01:15 PM
If you upgraded your ballast bags I would check the fittings. I had an incident yesterday where my threaded fitting actually came undone from the bag and pumped 1100 lbs of water into my boat. I know the fitting was tight to begin with, so it somehow undid itself during filling and draining. That might be your water problem

wolfeman131
07-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Great thanks! It takes time getting know a new boat.

EXACTLY!

I've noticed a lot of posts lately that seem to want to blame the boat and not the operator/rider.

1st step - read your manual
2nd step - experiment & gain some knowledge
3rd step - search the forum ("Advanced Search" hyperlink is in the upper right hand corner)
4th step - ask a question on the forum
5th step - experiment with advice given

DFTR Josh
07-06-2016, 02:20 PM
If you upgraded your ballast bags I would check the fittings. I had an incident yesterday where my threaded fitting actually came undone from the bag and pumped 1100 lbs of water into my boat. I know the fitting was tight to begin with, so it somehow undid itself during filling and draining. That might be your water problem
Looking for the glue that they use on the stock fittings. Same thing happened to me but fitting didn't come all the way off. It's worth to glue them in and not have to worry. Great post Mattsask and heads up.

mattsask
07-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Looking for the glue that they use on the stock fittings. Same thing happened to me but fitting didn't come all the way off. It's worth to glue them in and not have to worry. Great post Mattsask and heads up.
Yep I definitely need to get my hands on that glue too. I'm almost positive both my upgraded bags have been loosening since I started using them. My hull was bone dry during the break in process, but as soon as I finished break in and started filling ballast, I've had water non stop.

fairlydangerous1
07-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Yep, water in my boat once I started filling ballast. Pretty sure port side rear. Told dealer service guy this and he looked at me like I was crazy. "How do you know that?" he said. Ahhhh, because when I fill port rear ballast pretty soon bilge starts pumping water out. Rocket science. In fact my whole 2.0 surf system is only working about 1/4 of the time now and that's the other reason it is sitting in the shop (3 week wait). Just stops working while someone is out surfing.

mattsask
07-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Yep, water in my boat once I started filling ballast. Pretty sure port side rear. Told dealer service guy this and he looked at me like I was crazy. "How do you know that?" he said. Ahhhh, because when I fill port rear ballast pretty soon bilge starts pumping water out. Rocket science. In fact my whole 2.0 surf system is only working about 1/4 of the time now and that's the other reason it is sitting in the shop (3 week wait). Just stops working while someone is out surfing.
It just retracts all tabs, or does it get stuck in position? My trim tab acts up sometimes and it also seems like my surf tabs have a mind of their own once in a while. I have had to pull to neutral, shut off, start and wait for dash screen to boot up before starting again. It's a royal pain.

jtatexc
07-08-2016, 04:14 PM
It just retracts all tabs, or does it get stuck in position? My trim tab acts up sometimes and it also seems like my surf tabs have a mind of their own once in a while. I have had to pull to neutral, shut off, start and wait for dash screen to boot up before starting again. It's a royal pain.

I usually have that happen once or twice each day out now. Pretty damn annoying but no so much that I am wanting to haul the boat 2.5 hours to the dealer to check out and be without it for that amount of time . The wake plate usually gets stuck in the down position which sucks for surfing

mattsask
07-08-2016, 04:21 PM
I usually have that happen once or twice each day out now. Pretty damn annoying but no so much that I am wanting to haul the boat 2.5 hours to the dealer to check out and be without it for that amount of time . The wake plate usually gets stuck in the down position which sucks for surfing

Ya, I mentioned it to my dealer last time I was there getting another issue checked out. They didn't really say much other than it could be a software glitch.

idahocraz
07-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Mine was doing that also mostly on the goofy wave. I noticed if I turn the auto surf off i can move the wake plate then i can flip the auto surf back on and then the wake plate works fine. Takes a few seconds I just do it while pulling the surfer don't need to stop or anything. Seems like a software issue but turning the auto surf off seems to allow the wake plate to respond again then i just flip the auto surf back on.

I have a 2016 Craz.

zabooda
07-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Bilge float switch turns off the pump at a higher level than a manual pump out just by design.

jtatexc
07-08-2016, 11:53 PM
Mine was doing that also mostly on the goofy wave. I noticed if I turn the auto surf off i can move the wake plate then i can flip the auto surf back on and then the wake plate works fine. Takes a few seconds I just do it while pulling the surfer don't need to stop or anything. Seems like a software issue but turning the auto surf off seems to allow the wake plate to respond again then i just flip the auto surf back on.

I have a 2016 Craz.
I am launching at 7am tomorrow, I am gonna try that if it acts up. Thanks for the idea!

c h r i s
07-09-2016, 05:05 PM
. In fact my whole 2.0 surf system is only working about 1/4 of the time now and that's the other reason it is sitting in the shop (3 week wait). Just stops working while someone is out surfing.

This is a long shot, as my experience and fix is related to a retrofitted auto flow 2.0 as opposed to a factory installed kit.

I was having an issue getting my tabs to deploy shortly after getting my 2013 mojo back from the dealer that installed them. Lights on my wakeland tab controller (which I believe is integrated into the dash for new boats?) would run their sequence after turning the batteries on but then power down.

Turned out to be a bad connection due to the chintzy splice from the controller into the ignition wire. They used what I believe is called a displacement connector and it was not making a good connection and the software in my controller turns itself off if it does not sense a positive ignition. Once I wired it directly into the ignition wire everything was back in working order.

North Woods Mobius
07-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Yep I definitely need to get my hands on that glue too. I'm almost positive both my upgraded bags have been loosening since I started using them. My hull was bone dry during the break in process, but as soon as I finished break in and started filling ballast, I've had water non stop.

I've been noticing the same thing on my upgraded 900lbs rears AND my 500lbs IBS..... I assumed the fittings would be rock solid, but gluing them like the stock bags originally came seems to be a no-brainier solution (or at least cheap insurance!). I'd love to know where we can source the glue if anyone ends up chasing this down .....

mattsask
07-10-2016, 10:08 AM
I've been noticing the same thing on my upgraded 900lbs rears AND my 500lbs IBS..... I assumed the fittings would be rock solid, but gluing them like the stock bags originally came seems to be a no-brainier solution (or at least cheap insurance!). I'd love to know where we can source the glue if anyone ends up chasing this down .....
Ya, it seems they're impossible to thread out when you actually want to take them out! Haha. I've been too busy enjoying the lake to even check. I don't know if we need a specialized glue or if some kind of plumbers adhesive would work. I think wakemakers would probably be a good place to start.

NickBoj
07-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Hello fellow Moomba Craz users & operators,

I've been surfing the Craz for almost two months now and have no complaints. The boat generates a magnitude amount of push (Port side going 10.4 plate @75%), how ever I lack height. The wave is extremely long having loads of push; I can go back 20 feet and ride in comfortably with no excessive pumping needed. Reading this tread made me realized that I have to do one thing -- Add more weight! If you look in the picture, you can see that the wake is extremely long, but there is no height to it. (Guy that is riding is 5'10" ) What is the greatest amount of weight that anyone has put in their rear lockers on a Moomba Craz? 900 pounds seems to be the greatest, but has anyone tried to use 1100 pound bags in the the back? If so, what type of bags, and are they compatible with the plug and play system.

My boat has 2500 pounds of ballast
750's in the rear's
500 hard tank
500 extra in bow

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w583/nick232132/IMG_2350_zpsrnbj7vnz.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Jjdyn0mite
07-11-2016, 08:04 AM

I've been surfing the Craz for almost two months now and have no complaints. The boat generates a magnitude amount of push (Port side going 10.4 plate @75%), how ever I lack height. The wave is extremely long having loads of push; I can go back 20 feet and ride in comfortably with no excessive pumping needed. Reading this tread made me realized that I have to do one thing -- Add more weight! If you look in the picture, you can see that the wake is extremely long, but there is no height to it. (Guy that is riding is 5'10" ) What is the greatest amount of weight that anyone has put in their rear lockers on a Moomba Craz? 900 pounds seems to be the greatest, but has anyone tried to use 1100 pound bags in the the back? If so, what type of bags, and are they compatible with the plug and play system.

750's in the rear's
500 hard tank
500 extra in bow

Thanks for the help!

Many of us have upgraded to the 1100 lb fly high jumbo V-drive bags in the back. Most agree that it is a good idea to also get some sort of engine divider panel savers due to the extra pressure from larger sacs (I use the wakemakers panels which I thought were well made and reasonably priced). I have found that with the 1100 rears, you will need more weight up front as well, currently I'm using a 400lb ballast bag in the bow seat which makes a huge difference in the size, shape and length of the wave. If you call or email wakemakers.com, they can make sure you get the right bags and fittings to plug and play. I was able to find some used bags through the forums, but still had to order extra fittings to make them compatable with the current hoses and adapters...

deckwork
07-11-2016, 08:17 AM

750's in the rear's
500 hard tank
500 extra in bow

Thanks for the help!

Hello I am no pro as this is our first tow boat
when we had stock rear ballast we found that with a small crew the wave increased in height if we had no weight in the bow sac, we now have 1100s in the rear and wow do they increase the height but they do push on engine deviders so I have ordered panel savers.
I bought fly high 1100 which have threaded holes so you can put in matching fittings quick and easy upgrade factory bags are fly high and even though it looks like you can remove the fittings from factory bags I believe they are glued in so I just got new fittings. Sold my factory bags which paid over half of the new bags.
when you say plate @ 75 are you referring to wake plate or surf tab? We found that by putting wake plate down it increases length but loose some height.

Mwcraz
07-11-2016, 01:08 PM
I also have a 2016 Craz and mine did the same thing this past weekend. Once I restarted the boat the wake plate reset and work the rest of the day.