PDA

View Full Version : 20 Hour Service

JC_N_NC
07-05-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm taking the new Outback V in for it's 20 hour service later today. What should I expect to be done, also what should it cost?

A couple of items I am going to bring up to them:

1.) 1 boat cover snap has pulled out of the hull, 2 have moved and are not usable in the windshield
2.) All of the the Monster Tower bolts are rusting after 3 weeks.
3.) Need replacement wheel on trailer where the bow sits. The black simply marks up the Pacific Blue color too much. Need a clear one.
4.) The upholstry has a spot on it where it looks like it has been repaired. I did not notice this when we bought the boat,

What other things should I ask them about?

Thanks for feedback.

You guys are the reason I bought a Moomba. I spent several days on here going through the post before making my decision.

JC

Wolf-
07-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by JC_N_NC
I'm taking the new Outback V in for it's 20 hour service later today. What should I expect to be done, also what should it cost?

A couple of items I am going to bring up to them:

1.) 1 boat cover snap has pulled out of the hull, 2 have moved and are not usable in the windshield
2.) All of the the Monster Tower bolts are rusting after 3 weeks.
3.) Need replacement wheel on trailer where the bow sits. The black simply marks up the Pacific Blue color too much. Need a clear one.
4.) The upholstry has a spot on it where it looks like it has been repaired. I did not notice this when we bought the boat,

What other things should I ask them about?

I replaced the front roller myself with a nomar one from West Marine. Think it was like $17. While I agree that this is a pain, not a warranty item per se. If you have a great dealer they might cover you.
I had 3 cover snaps replaced at my 20 hour.
New vinyl can be restained to match. If that doesnt work, ask for new.

JC_N_NC
07-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Yeah I don't expect them to cover the roller under warranty. The one item that really gets me is the rust on the mirror and board racks.

Seems to be a pretty quick turn around time though. In today at 3pm out Friday at noon.

JC_N_NC
07-06-2006, 01:01 AM
What's a Boat Buddy Ed?

Sharru-Kinu
07-06-2006, 02:00 AM
I had the same problem with the front roller marking up my bow until I figured out that I was backing the trailer in too far. If you get the trailer at the right depth, the front bolt on the bow should come right into the roller without rolling the bow all the way up and getting it all black.
Having said that, a clear roller would still be nice!

JC_N_NC
07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Thought I'd post the results

20 Hour service completed as promised. The boat was ready on Friday at lunch (dropped off Wednesday evening).

Total cost $170.00
Replaced all oils and fluids and verified that all was in proper working order.

They're replacing the backseat after the season instead of repairing the spot. They agreed that it occured before we bought the boat.

All in all a good experience. How was the price compared with what you guys have seen? Also, what is my next service? 100HR?

JC

Smrtz
07-11-2006, 11:35 AM
well you should change your oil after 50 hrs.

Im not sure if there is other maintainance that should be done at intervals..