PDA

View Full Version : Acme 2419

jtatexc
03-26-2016, 11:25 PM
Just curious who has experience with this prop. There are great reviews on the net about it and how it gives a great hole shot. I literally never go over 25mph, so loss of top end isn't a concern for me. But just curious if anyone has any insight as to how it will work with the craz with over 3k in ballast plus another 1k+ in people. I am hoping I don't end up with any vibes or anything. I was struggling getting up to wakeboard speed sacked out with the high elevation prop moomba provided so I was advised to go this route. I will test myself very soon but thought I would ask...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mattsask
03-27-2016, 11:23 PM
Will be interesting to see what your findings are. I upgraded to the 1100's based on your recommendation, so I'll be following this thread closely. You were running the stock OJ 945 prop before, correct? What elevation are you at?

jtatexc
03-27-2016, 11:56 PM
I am in Denver so pretty high elevation. Not sure what prop was on before but it was the high elevation option offered from the factory. It got it done I just wanted more punch.

mattsask
05-01-2016, 11:50 PM
Any update on the prop yet?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

jtatexc
05-02-2016, 12:15 AM
Any update on the prop yet?

Not a good update. My initial was that I didn't feel a ton of difference but we just couldn't seem to get the wave dialed in either. I am going to try and take a day, maybe this Friday, to spend a couple hours trying to really dial in the wave.

I shared with the dealer that I felt the wave was smaller than last year with the stock prop and he said to maybe drop a touch of front weight and play with the speed more than I did since this aggressive of a prop may be lifting the ass a bit more than the other. He said if it still isn't right we may try one with a different cup. We will see. With all this damn colorado snow I am far behind on ride time from what I would like :(

Connolly_Crew
05-02-2016, 09:03 PM
Just curious who has experience with this prop. There are great reviews on the net about it and how it gives a great hole shot. I literally never go over 25mph, so loss of top end isn't a concern for me. But just curious if anyone has any insight as to how it will work with the craz with over 3k in ballast plus another 1k+ in people. I am hoping I don't end up with any vibes or anything. I was struggling getting up to wakeboard speed sacked out with the high elevation prop moomba provided so I was advised to go this route. I will test myself very soon but thought I would ask...

This prop spins opposite direction. I have it on my Malibu

jtatexc
05-02-2016, 09:05 PM
For real????? Holy shit, that would explain it. I'll be on the phone in the morning

Connolly_Crew
05-02-2016, 09:06 PM
For real????? Holy shit, that would explain it. I'll be on the phone in the morning

2079 is your torque prop
It's a beast, had it on my Mojo and it LOVES weight

mattsask
05-02-2016, 09:40 PM

Wouldn't the boat have gone in reverse when you throttled forward if that was the case?

jtatexc
05-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Wouldn't the boat have gone in reverse when you throttled forward if that was the case?
Haha I actually was just texting back and forth with the dealer and he said the same thing. He said to give the prop a day of trying to dial it in with speeds and give it a fair chance. Also added the 2079 wasn't a good prop that they used to put it on older chevy motors and the raptors don't like it as much.

mattsask
05-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Lol. If I was you. I would call OJ props directly. Give him your elevation, engine, transmission, ballast and typical crew info. They will tell you exactly what you need. The set me up with a prop for my old mastercraft that gave my boat a whole new life. Those guys know the mathematical equation that'll put the right prop under your boat, instead of the broscience that tends to go on regarding propping a wake boat.

jtatexc
05-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Ya good call. Perhaps I will call tomorrow. The oj 945 is what was on there before this one.

mattsask
05-02-2016, 11:40 PM
Give em a try. It can't hurt. Same prop is on my boat, but I'm at a lower elevation than you and I've only got 3 hrs on the boat so far.

jtatexc
05-31-2016, 05:45 PM
I thought I would give an update now having put 10 hours on the prop. I like it! I just had to play with my speed and setting a little bit to get the wave dialed in after removing the oj945. But what I have found is that I sit right at 3k rpms going 10.5 mph with both 1100s full in the rear and my center and ibs full. Tons of holeshot and plenty to get on plane for wakeboard speeds.

BrokeGuy
06-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Any updates on the 2419

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

jtatexc
06-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Any updates on the 2419

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull
I've been running it and been happy. Several seem to have run the 2079 and liked it but rocky Mountain boat company swears that isn't the right prop for the craz sacked out at elevation. See my post right above this, review of my last 5 or so trips the last couple weeks

BrokeGuy
06-07-2016, 08:24 PM
I've been running it and been happy. Several seem to have run the 2079 and liked it but rocky Mountain boat company swears that isn't the right prop for the craz sacked out at elevation. See my post right above this, review of my last 5 or so trips the last couple weeks

During I really need to pay attention. Wakemakers recommended the 2419 for me. It should be here on Friday.

jtatexc
06-07-2016, 08:25 PM
Cool! Anxious to see what your review is! Post it for us!

BrokeGuy
06-11-2016, 10:46 PM
Cool! Anxious to see what your review is! Post it for us!

2419 is awesome. It's like taking a 4cylinder honda and throwing a v8 in it.

jtatexc
06-11-2016, 10:47 PM
2419 is awesome. It's like taking a 4cylinder honda and throwing a v8 in it.
You get a chance to see your rpms with surfing all sacked out? I was in the 3300 range

BrokeGuy
06-11-2016, 10:59 PM
I was just below that, at 3100ish. We had around 900lbs of humans. Bags empty 20 mph was about the same rpms,

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jtatexc
06-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Ok. That seems about right.