PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

deckwork
03-22-2016, 11:26 AM
I am not currently a Moomba owner but have chosen a 2016 Craz that I like and more importantly my wife loves. We originally started looking at Mondo but decided that the extra length was nice. Anyways on to the question that is a deal breaker, I need to be able to get our new toy in the garage as we live in Alberta, Canada and don't want it sitting out in the weather. I have found some info on forums stating tower folded is 7 foot 10 inches and the swivel racks become an issue with people being able to get the boat through a 8 foot door height which I really have 7 foot 11 under weather stripping then there is the slope of drive to account for too. But I am not sure which trailer the height I found is from as my dealer told me that the trailer is a low trailer with the 18 inch upgrade on rims. Does anybody have any input on this

Thank you so much

mmandley
03-22-2016, 12:29 PM
You best bet it see if the dealer has a boat you can tow home and try in your garage.

If you driveway goes up into the garage you will get more clearance do to the nose of the trailer being lower over that angle.
If your drive way is sloped down into your garage you will need more clearance as the trailer will be angled up in the nose making the windshield area much higher then stock.

The low profile tires of the 18, make no difference in the height of the trailer as the wheel tire package is still the same height as the stock set up. Also from what I have read, the spring suspension and the torsion bar axles are also with in an inch of each other in height difference.

The good thing is if you need only a couple inches, if you go with the standard style wheels, and tires, even get custom rims but still the regular profile tires, you can let the air out of the tires and gain a couple inches.

On my Mojo which I don't think is shorter then a Craze < but I officially don't know > just clears my 8ft door, and my upper racks are the highest point when my tower is folded.

Beejwest
04-01-2016, 08:07 AM
This won't answer your exact question, but my LSV has not fit under two separate garage doors on two houses. All I needed to do was buy a 11" drop ball hitch for my truck. It's a PITA to swap it out each time just to stow the boat in the garage (can't tow with that much drop). But, it does allow the tower to juuuust clear the weather stripping! You may be able to do something similar if you're close.

russellsmojo
04-01-2016, 08:40 AM
See if you could tow one home just to be sure. It's really close on my mojo and an 8 foot door. Also, make sure the travel on the door is adjusted so it goes as high as possible.

jtatexc
04-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Yes it will be an issue, I found out the hard way. With the aviator tower, I can't speak to the s-bend, it is 8'5" with the cables attached. I removed the suspension cables and it drops to 7'11" with the fixed board racks but I believe the swivel add a little bit of height when tower is collapsed. I agree have them let you take one home and try it out or see how much you care about the suspension cables. Then see how much taller the craz is over the Mondo too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Broke Pilot
04-01-2016, 10:46 AM
If space is really tight and having the nose low allows you to get it in the garage, it may be beneficial to buy you a motorized trailer 'tug'. It'll let you keep the tongue down and you can walk the trailer in the garage slowly and more precise than using your truck.
That's what I'd do... Good luck

deckwork
04-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Thanks for all the help. Dealer did offer to bring one and try but I just went there leveled trailer, lowered tower and removed swivel racks and measured to ground comes out to 7 foot 9 1/2 and as the highset point is directly over axle centre I think I am good to go. I also learnt that boat sits at same hieght on both standard rims and 18 inch so going to go with standard rims and tires, the 18 look great but replacement cost is triple plus concerned about the way trailer tires drag when backing into tight spots and think less surface area is probably better.